Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41257 times)
slyfoxS40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #195 - 07/05/08 at 23:34:14

Hi, I am totally new to motorcycliing. In May, my son gave me the bug when he bought a 2007 leftover Honda Shadow Spirit 750. We signed up for the MSF class at the end of July but I felt his bike was too big for me to learn on and was looking at some 250cc's. Then I saw an add for a leftover 2007 S40 for less than the price of a new 250cc.  Grin I couldn't resist the sale after I sat on it. I've had it for 2 weeks and already know I can pick it up when it falls over (lost my balance getting it in the garage after it was turned off.) Anyone know where I can get a replacement for a broken left rear turn signal  Embarrassed  There is so much interesting information available on this site - I love it !!
After reading some of the other posts, I know I am not the only new biker of AARP age, how bout a shout from those who live on Long Island, NY.  

blue '07 new biker grandma
  IP Logged
Puddle Pirate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #196 - 07/06/08 at 12:45:15

Hi Slyfox,  I live on Long Island and just picked up an 03 Savage. I had to replace the rear turn signals and picked up a pair on E-Bay motors from JAG Motorcycle  Store. (19.95 ea)
I'm out in Manorville (Exit 69 LIE) Let me know how you make out. Enjoy. I've been out of biking for 30 years but I love this machine. It's easy to handle and fun to drive.     Tom

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
  IP Logged
slyfoxS40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #197 - 07/07/08 at 14:31:33

Hi Puddle Pirate I am in Deer Park. I did my longest ride last week to East Patchogue to meet nonrider friends at Friendly's. I hope to ride to Baiting Hollow in August. It will all depend on how the weather will be. I have rain gear but since I am a total newbe, I would rather do a 90 mile round-trip dry  Smiley

blue '07 new biker grandma
  IP Logged
bugsville

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gainesville, FL
Reply #198 - 07/07/08 at 17:53:04

Just got myself a 98 Savage - haven't ridden since high school - 20 years (gulp!) - but figured this thing is just a fraction of the air cooled VWs I am used to, so no problem right? Waiting on a dyna exhaust and a jets et kit to tune it a bit and then going to add some saddle bags and thats the extent of it.  Real happy with the bike so far, it is a lot like my Kawasaki csr305 ltd I had in back in high school.

I'm sure I'll be posting some dumb questions soon!

IP Logged
bugsville

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gainesville, FL
Reply #199 - 07/07/08 at 17:53:27

and some pics...

yup, it's got skulls...

IP Logged
Scottler

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Saratoga County, NY
Reply #200 - 07/08/08 at 09:41:14

Hi all, from the newest member!

I am COMPLETELY new to riding, so apologies in advance for any elementary questions I might later ask.  A few months ago, my wife and I set a limit as to what we'd consider an acceptable gas price.  As we grew closer and closer to our limit of $4.50/gallon, we had to start weighing options.  I drive an Explorer, and she's got a Jeep Liberty, so we use our share of gas!  I've got a 26 mile commute each direction, so I needed to improve my 17 mpg consumption, and a bike seemed the perfect solution.

After looking at hundreds online, and a few in person, I'd just about given up on finding a reasonably priced used bike - everyone knows that there's a huge demand right now, and they're horribly overpricing.  

Then, over the weekend, my father in law (who rides a 1500 Valkyrie) spotted this slick little '99 LS650 in remarkable condition and eagerly called me.  I was able to get it for about $400 under book, and he included a helmet, a jacket, and the cover.  I'll be picking her up tonight.  I'd like to take the MSF course, but the next opening isn't until the end of August.  So for now I'm sticking with my permit to get some experience.  From there I'll take the road test and then take the MSF course for safety reasons instead of licensing reasons.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell - looking forward to talking to you all as I get some mileage behind me!

IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #201 - 07/08/08 at 09:52:18

Scottler wrote on 07/08/08 at 09:41:14:
I am COMPLETELY new to riding, so apologies in advance for any elementary questions I might later ask.

Welcome!

For starters, I suggest you ask the men here why they decided to buy a women's bike!  Smiley

Cheers. Spiff

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
Scottler

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Saratoga County, NY
Reply #202 - 07/08/08 at 09:59:40

Quote:
For starters, I suggest you ask the men here why they decided to buy a women's bike!

Because it doesn't chaff as much as the underwear!

IP Logged
sidny4
YaBB Newbies

Thumping since May

Fargo, ND
Reply #203 - 07/14/08 at 12:38:36

Well, I bought my 08 Suzuki s40 at the end of May (couldn't find a used one in my area at the time.) I'm new to the bike but not to single cylinder bikes. I grew up riding a '74 Suzuki TS185 around the farm, it was a fun bike, but this one is a lot more fun. Tongue

I have a screamin' eagle exhaust on the way to help improve the sound of the s40.

'08 Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
knox co. thumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ohio
Reply #204 - 07/14/08 at 17:18:08

Purchased 2005 s40 approx 2 months ago. It had 693 miles on it. It now has 2300 miles, love it.

Just ordered jetset from Lancer on ebay Smiley

Didn't read posts about that other guy until after I ordered muffler from him Sad      Keeping fingers crossed now.

Also getting K&N air filter.

Hope to have pics up soon.

Ride it regardless of the weather!
  IP Logged
nparker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #205 - 07/15/08 at 04:23:39

Hello, newbiw here! Well not noob to motrcycles but a noob to Savages. My wife has a '05 S40 and we were going to sell it as it only has 250 mile on it. (Got her a bike to start riding and then we had a baby, so she hasn't been riding.)

Anyway, the resale on the bike isn't that high, so we decided to sell my sport bike and I get to convert her bike to a bobber if I want. I would appreciate any guidance from any members. I've looked at almost all the threads about bobbers, and it'll give me something to play wth and still keep a bike.

Great site and I've already got some ideas on which mods to start with.  Smiley

IP Logged
Lord Eoin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #206 - 07/16/08 at 19:19:26

I don't own a SAVAGE yet.  But I m workintg on a Suzuki GN-400 single and a Suzuki SP-500 Single.  So, if y'all don't mind a nonsavge asking questions, thanks.  P.S.  I have owned my share of Thumpers in the past from Ducati Singles, Yamaha SR-500, and the 1955 Norton 500 that would kick back and throw you over the handlebars.
P.S. for you Enduro type people , you might look for the SP-500 and 600's for different forks, etc.  

IP Logged
suzukigrl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan
Reply #207 - 07/17/08 at 17:33:21

HI All, My name is Mindy and I bought my first bike in May a 2007 S40. At the time it had 3 miles on it  now I have 3,500 miles on and ride it as much as possible. My husband rides a 86 Suzuki Cavalcade. I just got tired of riding with him and wanted my own. I found the S40 easy for me to handle and to learn to ride, since I had never rode before but still able to keep up with him. It was also a bike that we were able to not do any "big" modifications to for me to ride because I am a left below the knee amputee. I have to shift a little different but only had to raise the shifter on the S40. I work for a supercenter store and work across 3 states so I get LOTS of riding time. I am glad to have found a place that I can ask all my stupid questions, I'm sure I will have lots.  Grin

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #208 - 07/17/08 at 17:39:33

Congratulations on getting a Savage. My ex-girlfriend is also a below the left knee amputee and she had no trouble riding either.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Wagslick
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #209 - 07/19/08 at 07:44:49

Hey, I'm Kent. Just got my savage at the beginning of summer. It's my very first bike. I like it a lot.

I stole this picture from another fella on the thread but my bike looks EXACTLY like this:

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/03/24 at 06:07:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.