Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41256 times)
torque1257
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #180 - 06/18/08 at 14:22:23

So I started to read this site in search of the perfect "beginner" bike, and when every where I looked called the savage basically a toy I thought I could learn to ride on one and trade up. low an behold I drove 128 miles to buy a savage only to find out that it is a real bike. I scared the crap out of myself the first time I goosed the throttle and I must have rode about 100 miles on the 1/2 mile road I live on, it isn't on the map and has only been paved since 2006. I crossed the main road on my bike once and then I had a wild hair, something really cool happened, I went faster than 30mph and I was riding, I rode a bike that had 10,000 on it when I bought it and now has 10,300 less than a week later and I live 5 miles from work. I bought a 1987 savage and I am thrilled. that being said, I have read everything except the clymers manual I could find about this bike and have begun reading the archives here too. I bought a bike that I thought was a little learner only to find that I am quite happy with it and will probably never trade up. the down side is, I am 6'2" and I am not a tiny guy 230 lbs. I feel a little bunched up and my rear is tingly, think I want to get the gel pad and I registered here mainly to have a place to find out more about my bike and to find out about forward controls.
If anyone has any advice for me being a new rider, feel free to drop your .02. thanks all and ride safe.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #181 - 06/18/08 at 14:46:14

Hi, welcome,
and glad youre enjoying your bike!! Ed.L has forward controls,just post /New Topic in Marketplace,Wanted:whatever and you'll get answers. Or in others,RubberSideDown or Cafe, for other questions,etc.

And again,Welcome...and congrats on your new bike!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
aebooze

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingsland, GA
Reply #182 - 06/19/08 at 06:18:09

Hi everyone, my name is Paul and I've got an '07 S40.  I bought it back in march and haven't done too much to it except put saddle bags on it and changed the oil once.  Not too much bike riding experience but I love riding this bike.  Been browsing the site a bunch since I found it yesterday and looks like the perfect place to find any help I need with it.  
-Paul

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #183 - 06/19/08 at 15:20:16

Paul, welcome.  You'll find everything Savage on this site.  Enjoy the bike and keep the rubber side down.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
smitty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deep East Texas
Reply #184 - 06/22/08 at 14:17:54

Hello everyone,
Another old geezer on a Savage. I found a 2003 with 656 miles on it about 85 miles from me, and the price was right to boot.

The bike is low enough and light enough for me to handle, and besides that it's just super cool!  Haven't ridden much in the last 35 years, so I'm gonna have to be very careful.  Lot of feral hogs, deer, loose dogs and potholes around the area. I love living in the country, but there are some down sides.

I guess it was natural that the Savage caught my eye since I grew up
around thumpers and vertical twins.

I've been reading the forum for a while, and there's some great folks
here, and a lot of good info!!

I look forward to being here a while.

Smitty

IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #185 - 06/22/08 at 14:32:12

Welcome, Smitty.  Good to have another "old geezer."  They help to keep us young, good looking (but occasionally overly self-assured) studs in line.  Like you said, there are lots of great folks around here, and a wealth of information.  

We worry about deer here.  I can't imagine hitting a hog.  What a mess.  At least a deer won't try to eat you after you smack it.  Be careful.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
SavageDanny
Ex Member

Reply #186 - 06/24/08 at 06:21:21

Hello! My name is Danny. I am not exactly new here, I have been lurking for a while.  I finally got around to registering yesterday.

About a year and a half ago I was given (for free) a 1988 Savage with 23000 miles on it.  It had not been recieving much tender loving care.  But thanks to this site and a Clymers manual I have taken her from hardly starting and running to running like a dream.  I found that most of my questions had already been answered here.  Thank you to those who keep this great site running.

Since owning the bike I have managed to add 2500 more miles on it, taken my MSF class, gotten my licence and learned more about motorcycle maintenance than I ever thought I would. I have even begun commuting to and from work on it most days.

Thanks again for the great site!

Flat Black 88

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #187 - 06/24/08 at 21:33:23

Hi All:
I have been away from riding for about 20 years and got the bug again this spring. After much research, I discovered the S40/ Savage. It's the perfect match up for me. I'm a short ass so the low seat and narrow size works perfect. I've had it for 2 weeks and already have 1,00km on it going around the city and a few short hi-way trips. I'm sure I had a girn on for every kilometre so far. It is turning out to be a great bike!!!!  It's a new 2008 and as cash becomes available I will be taking all the great advice here and: add on, tweak, mod ect. to enhance the great ride. 1st it needs to be broken in.

I have been browsing this forum for a while and would like to thank everyone who has posted for all the great info. I hope that I will be able to contribute  in the future as my experience grows.

Smiley Smiley

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
NWAPhoenix
YaBB Newbies

Respect all, Fear
none.

Northwest Arkansas
Reply #188 - 06/26/08 at 12:00:04

Howdy all! Longtime lurker, first time poster.  I'm the owner of a second-hand 06 S40 that I can't legally ride because the original owner never registered it before he got rid of it.  I do sneak it out occasionally for a run down the road or around the block, but can't really take it anywhere without risking a big ticket.  Hopefully I can find a way to resolve the issue soon and get it out and ride it.  So far I've been working at straightening out the mess the original owner made. Anyway the information I've found here has been very useful, and I hope to stay here for awhile Wink  Anyone in Arkansas that has friends at the DMV, hit me up LOL

James

James
NWAPhoenix hot_stang_guy79   IP Logged
Puddle Pirate
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Island, NY
Reply #189 - 06/27/08 at 11:25:05

Hi everyone. My name is Tom and I live on Eastern Long Island, NY. Have been checking out the site for the past three weeks. Just purchased a 2003 Savage with 41 original miles. The prior owner took delivery and then it sat in the garage. I'm up to about 400 miles now and I love the ride. Been out of riding for close to 30 years.( kids, work, obligations, etc.) Looking forward to enjoying my new ride and meeting all you Savage lovers. I added a Dakota windshield and  a gel seat and I'm good to go.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
  IP Logged
Niky
YaBB Newbies

let's ride...

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #190 - 06/27/08 at 12:43:18

Hello all... found this site and its been awesome so far. Thanks so much everyone!

Bought my savage used a couple months ago - that pic is the day I brought it home! Working on modding out a couple things but I am a new rider and looking forward to it...

WWW   IP Logged
Jeff D.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #191 - 06/30/08 at 10:50:26

Hello all. Just got a 2000 Savage and I have really been enjoying the weather here in KY on it. Seems like a great online community and I am looking forward to be a part of it.

IP Logged
Brad_THMP3R

Fighting for Iraqs
Freedom

Hampton Roads, Va
Reply #192 - 07/03/08 at 09:57:03

Hello all! I'm Brad from Tampa Bay Florida but am stationed now at Langley AFB, Va. Have a 04 savage, before I had an 88 ninja 750r. I love the thumper thing. I have much plans for the bike, BOBBER type, but still want to be able to go 2 up on a whim. I've done the spacer mod and low speed screw adjustment and bored out sportster pipe and the butt-o-meter points to Woo-Hoo Grin! Drag bars are next along with taking off the "savage" sticker on the tank. overall I am happy with this bike. BTW I paid $2500 for it about a month ago. no regrets

Jardine slashcut - oldfeller filter - 52 pilot, 152 main - no spacer - ngk iridium plug - olive drab paint - no head covers - respect brotha! I'll eat you!
WWW   IP Logged
the haz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #193 - 07/03/08 at 11:31:19

http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Templates/Forum/default/cool.gif
Hi - I am the haz.  Just joined the forum.  I just got a 2001 teal blue Savage and so far love it.  I did have some wiring problems i think caused by water so put it in the shop to check out and get a thourough safety check.  I live in Jacksonville, Florida and am 62 years old.  Hope to post pics soon.

IP Logged
SilvrDragon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Topeka, KS
Reply #194 - 07/03/08 at 23:47:03

Hello all i'm a new proud owner of an 03 Savage! I live in Topeka, KS!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/01/24 at 06:57:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.