Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1755 - 06/02/14 at 18:25:37

Welcome Savagena & masbeo.  Feel free to ask any questions, we have plenty of folks here who will be happy to help.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
RangerRide
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1756 - 06/04/14 at 18:06:08

What's going on everyone? New here and this is my first post on this forum or any other. Just bought my first bike today, a 2006 with 5500 miles on it for $1800 bones off Craigslist, completely stock. Seems to run good as far as I can tell. Only riding experience is on my dads Harley a few times, years ago. While shopping around I found this forum and immediately wanted one. I've already spent hours looking on here. I'm going to get my riding skills up before I start making any mods but am already dreaming big. For now just going to change all of the fluids, check the cam chain adjuster and everything I can using the Clymer Manual. From what it sounds like I might as well throw in the Raptor Petcock too. Also Exhaust pipe is pretty blue. It sounds like that means it is running lean so I will adjust the idle screw.

Me, I live in Fayetteville, NC. If anyone is in the area hit me up. New rider with very little mechanical experience. Just tune ups on my truck. But I can read, follow directions, and am excited to learn. Bigger guy 6'1" 220 but bike feels comfortable so far. Taking the motorcycle safety class in two weeks.

Sorry for the rant just excited!

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #1757 - 06/04/14 at 18:26:07

RangerRide wrote on 06/04/14 at 18:06:08:
What's going on everyone? New here and this is my first post on this forum or any other. Just bought my first bike today, a 2006 with 5500 miles on it for $1800 bones off Craigslist, completely stock. Seems to run good as far as I can tell. Only riding experience is on my dads Harley a few times, years ago. While shopping around I found this forum and immediately wanted one. I've already spent hours looking on here. I'm going to get my riding skills up before I start making any mods but am already dreaming big. For now just going to change all of the fluids, check the cam chain adjuster and everything I can using the Clymer Manual. From what it sounds like I might as well throw in the Raptor Petcock too. Also Exhaust pipe is pretty blue. It sounds like that means it is running lean so I will adjust the idle screw.

Me, I live in Fayetteville, NC. If anyone is in the area hit me up. New rider with very little mechanical experience. Just tune ups on my truck. But I can read, follow directions, and am excited to learn. Bigger guy 6'1" 220 but bike feels comfortable so far. Taking the motorcycle safety class in two weeks.

Sorry for the rant just excited!

Welcome to the forum! This is a very cool place with a lot of helpful folks who have seen/done almost everything to a Savage. Yer gonna love this bike! Smiley

IP Logged
FarSan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oerebro, Sweden
Reply #1758 - 06/05/14 at 04:09:25

I'm sixty years old, living in Oerebro, Sweden, and last year I bought a 1997 Savage as my first street bike. Have in the past had some dirt- and moto-X bikes, most for fun, riding on endurance tracks and gravel pits, etc..

The past 10-15 years has been more or less totally focused on my work as a technical product trainer and service support manager at a Swedish subsidiary of a German forklift manufacturer.
Starting to look forward to retirement and may begin to grow my hobbies again, music (I play keyboards in blues/rock bands), fly fishing - and motorcycles.

I want to get some experience and advice from other Savage users on this forum. The bike has been around for 22000 km and in good working condition, but I’m planning a general overhaul and that's one of all the good reasons I joined this forum.
Already picked up a lot of all the good info and experience you folks have shared on this forum.

I noticed that the member map has only two markings here in (the whole) Scandinavia, maybe it’s not updated anymore - or I’m the third one  Grin

Best regards
Aulis G aka FarSan

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1759 - 06/05/14 at 05:45:39

Welcome RangerRide and FarSan!

Ranger....you might want to look into getting a 6" forward control set also... I am 5' 10" tall and put a 4" forward control set on mine and it makes it much more comfortable to ride. Look in the for sale posts for them.

FarSan.... there are numerous facebook Suzuki savage sites also...I know a few folks over in that area are on them.... the guys here are very knowledgeable and the average age is probably in the mid to late 50's so you should fit right in!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #1760 - 06/09/14 at 19:05:28

Just got my bike license a month ago and picked up a $600 Savage with 4,348 miles two weeks ago as my first road bike.  At 56, it's either now or never.

Living in Newbury, MA

savage_cleaned_up.jpg
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #1761 - 06/09/14 at 19:09:50

Welcome, a great looking scooter for $600.   Smiley

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Tim Mazac
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Roswell Idaho
Reply #1762 - 06/15/14 at 20:12:46

Hi. This is my normal post. I'm Tim.

WWW   IP Logged
Tim Mazac
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Roswell Idaho
Reply #1763 - 06/15/14 at 20:13:09

My V-twin road bike is getting covered with cobwebs.  This bike is just too much fun to ride. Pulled my camper over the Cascades breaking the speed limit.  So light, it's scary. Always smells like burnt dirt. Love this bike.

The trailer is a prototype, patented and will be on the market soon. Less than 100 lbs with a bunk and galley.  

Idaho Bedroll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z7QnNkMgF0&feature=youtu.be

WWW   IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #1764 - 06/15/14 at 20:52:06

That is awesome Tim! Keep us posted on production! Do you have a price point in mind yet?

IP Logged
Enlightenedsoul
YaBB Newbies

Turn On. Tune In.
Drop Out.

Reply #1765 - 06/16/14 at 14:50:43

Seaweednh: That is a steal. $600 for that was highway robbery. Congratulations!

Tim: I would be interested in one of those for sure brother.

Hello SS community. My name is Michael. I am 24 years young and from Louisiana, USA. I bought my first bike 6 months ago which is a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 with 7500 miles that I got off a friend that has to do some jail time and have quickly caught the fever. Found the community/forum while doing search engine surfing for cheaply priced parts and accessories.

Thanks for reading. Have a bad ass day!  Wink

[center]07 Suzuki Boulevard S40
  IP Logged
BalingWire

"The savage in
man is never quite
eradicated."
HDT

Wauseon, Ohio
Reply #1766 - 06/16/14 at 14:55:13

Howdy folks. I just bought my first cycle (pictured) in 30 years, a 2001 Savage with 13,000+ miles. Am working on getting my motorcycle endorsement (again) on my driver's license. Bought both a $34 Clymers and a $17 Owners Manual off Ebay. My engine has the infamous oil leak by the exhaust, and a leaky front fork seal. Otherwise, it seems in good shape. I hauled it back home, strapped down inside my cattle trailer, surrounded by hay bales to keep the machine jammed into place.

This is meant to be my economical hot rod "bobber" project, to divert my Hot Hod Fever Syndrome  (HRFS) and penchant to tinker into something more affordable than buying a rusty 1930s somethin' or 'nother.  It's already in the barn, where I'm finishing up another project first, a TV stand hand carved from a slab of wood.

I've been hand carving slabs of wood into furniture for a couple years now, first with a 96"x46"x3" walnut kitchen table on antique cast iron legs, with a live edge 2 1/2" thick  hand carved walnut trestle between the iron legs,  a 3" thick maple footboard and headboard for the guest bedroom, and a 3" thick walnut clock shelf (from a scrap of the first project.) I am contemplating that I will carve a burl or spalted seat for the bike.

00P0P_jcHzf6Qrhd_600x450.jpg

"The satisfactions of manifesting oneself concretely in the world through manual competence have been known to make a man quiet and easy."
Shop Class as Soulcraft: An Inquiry Into the Value of Work
  IP Logged
Grotsmack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1767 - 06/16/14 at 17:50:35

Just saying hello to all. I bought my first bike ever, a 2011 LS40 used and have been learning to ride. So far, it has been a joy to ride, and I look forward to expanding my distances with this. Right now, just back roads, and loops around our little town.

IP Logged
1st Sgt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1768 - 06/16/14 at 18:29:44

Greetings to all, I own a 2007 S-40, unmodified (for now), 10k miles (3k of mine). I've been riding off and on for 38 years, mostly Enduros, (oops, dating myself). The S-40 is my first cruiser and I wish I found them sooner. Grin

IP Logged
Tim Mazac
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Roswell Idaho
Reply #1769 - 06/17/14 at 08:45:11

Hey, Top.  I pulled the back seat and put on a trail 90 back rack.  She's now my duel-sport but with the shot legs of the old Enduros. Wish I'd found this great thumper sooner.  When the first true dual-sport (1968 1/2 KO CT90) arrived I was there. My school bud's thought I was nuts and kept pointing to the other 90 on the show room floor with the tank where it should be. All I could see was the Hi-low and all the places it could drag me.

My new Gimper Thumper will have a Hi-low. Converting to chain I will have room to run two front and rear sprockets.  

I've figured out the the grunt my trail-savage will have. Stock belt is 2.95:1 (5000 rpm @ 80)and she's sprinting and shuffling through town and running way to hard on the highway. Gota go with an old school 2.52 (4.25k @ 80), four speed with an overdrive. Trail will be 3.56 (5k @ 64). This will drop the idle speed from 12 mph to 6.5 and will work well for butt-walking and boot padding through crap .

Front and rear, road, will be the inside sprockets: 17t and 43t =60. Trail sprockets, outside,will be 13t and 47t =60 the chain will be the same length for both applications and all sprockets have a primary number of teeth for optimum wear. May go with 520 chain to reduce weight.

Will have to lace a 17" rim to the rear to get good enduro tires.  I plan to ride a Savage around the world... no joke.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 09:33:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.