Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1725 - 04/18/14 at 14:29:18

IrideNEus wrote on 04/04/14 at 19:33:08:
Hi, I purchased this 2012 S40 leftover about a month and a half ago. I rode it home (75mi.) stripped it, bobbed it, jetted, k&n'ed, and dyna mufflered the bike over the course of the next month. I have since flipped the bar risers and rode about 500 miles. So far I enjoy I can interchange oilfilters with my dr650 and now have a nice tight cruiser.

Nice work dude; like the color effect.
Where are you from ?

IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #1726 - 04/21/14 at 17:42:37

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2001 Savage with 10,000 miles on it and I really like it. It is my first bike and I really enjoy riding. I'll use any excuse I can think of just to get out on it.

Here it is.

Ride.JPG

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #1727 - 04/21/14 at 19:15:15

spearheadss wrote on 04/21/14 at 17:42:37:
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2001 Savage with 10,000 miles on it and I really like it. It is my first bike and I really enjoy riding. I'll use any excuse I can think of just to get out on it.

Here it is.

What handlebars are those spearhead? Somehow they don't look stock.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #1728 - 04/21/14 at 20:09:54

ZAR wrote on 04/21/14 at 19:15:15:
Hello all,

Here it is.

I'm not exactly sure. They were on there when I bought it. Maybe someone else can help.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
sokixusa
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1729 - 04/23/14 at 15:52:27

Hi everyone!

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #1730 - 04/23/14 at 16:48:31

spearheadss wrote on 04/21/14 at 20:09:54:
ZAR wrote on 04/21/14 at 19:15:15:
Hello all,

Here it is.

I'm not exactly sure. They were on there when I bought it. Maybe someone else can help.

Looks like the C50 bars...dang those are wide, like a beach cruiser bicycle.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1731 - 04/25/14 at 20:17:17

Howdy.  I'm iamgodzi1la, and y'all already got my bike running.  I picked it up for $400 from a motivated seller who had let it sit with a dead battery for a year.  I replaced the battery, drained the gas from the tank and carb, soaked the carb in seafoam for a day, changed the oil and all the filters, and it started up on the first try.  I had never done anything like that before, but y'all made it easy.  Thanks.

I still need to get some front turn signals and some high rise handlebars, and to raise the seat, and replace the thingies with the switches on the handlebars, but I've exhausted my budget for the next couple of weeks.  I also don't have my license, yet.  This is my first motorcycle.

P04-24-14_09-17.jpg

2001 Savage LS 650, capped Supertrapp exhaust, Raptor petcock, Spitfire windshield, raised seat, 3" socket riser, oversize handlebar, sealed battery, wip
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #1732 - 04/28/14 at 12:45:49

iamgodzi1la wrote on 04/25/14 at 20:17:17:
Howdy.  I'm iamgodzi1la, and y'all already got my bike running.  I picked it up for $400 from a motivated seller who had let it sit with a dead battery for a year.  I replaced the battery, drained the gas from the tank and carb, soaked the carb in seafoam for a day, changed the oil and all the filters, and it started up on the first try.  I had never done anything like that before, but y'all made it easy.  Thanks.

I still need to get some front turn signals and some high rise handlebars, and to raise the seat, and replace the thingies with the switches on the handlebars, but I've exhausted my budget for the next couple of weeks.  I also don't have my license, yet.  This is my first motorcycle.

That is an awesome story!!! I love it when people are able to tackle projects for the first time and succeed. Welcome to the forum.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1733 - 04/28/14 at 16:44:36

Congrat's man, great deal !

Does it run and shift ok ?

IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1734 - 04/28/14 at 19:51:46

Thanks!  I found this forum before I made up my mind to get it.  It's a tremendous resource and I knew I'd be able to do whatever needed to be done.  I've worked on cars, chainsaws, and regular bicycles, so I figured a motorcycle couldn't be that much of a stretch, and I could part it out if it turned out to be a dud.

It blew some smoke and what looked like water the first time I started it, but since then it's been pretty smooth with just a few pops, mainly when it decelerates.  I think it might be idling too low.  I was worried about the clutch because the clutch lever wouldn't fully disengage when it was released, but the cable just needed a workout.  It's fine, now.  

I still haven't taken the safety course or the test for my license, so I haven't done more than ride it around the parking lot a few times, but I've been starting it and letting it run for a little while with a shot of seafoam in the gas.  A friend with his class M rode it from his place to mine and said it performs beautifully.  He wants to buy it from me, but I'm going to hang on to it.  I'm having too much fun.

2001 Savage LS 650, capped Supertrapp exhaust, Raptor petcock, Spitfire windshield, raised seat, 3" socket riser, oversize handlebar, sealed battery, wip
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1735 - 04/29/14 at 04:13:59

What model year ?  Milage ? etc ?

IP Logged
iamgodzi1la
YaBB Newbies

Reply #1736 - 04/29/14 at 04:46:57

It's an '01, and the OD reads 22,xxx, but it's exempt.  I'm not too sure about the etc.  It had some little rust spots on the chrome that polished right off.  The paint has a few scratches around the gas cap from someone careless with their keys, but is otherwise in good shape.  The only non-stock parts I've found on it are the supertrapp exhaust and a riser made of 2" pipe nipples (sound familiar to anyone?) that I've replaced with 5/8" sockets until I can afford some higher handlebars.  And whoever worked on it last didn't reconnect the brake light to the rear brake pedal.  I was just looking into that a minute ago.  I don't even know if the cable is there, but if it is I should be able to fix it when I get home.

IP Logged
JDK
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Eastern, Pennsylvania
Reply #1737 - 05/01/14 at 10:38:38

Hi everyone.  I'm new, so a  short intro.  I have a 98 LS650 and have kept it stock for the last 7 years.  Originally bought it for my wife but then we had a kid and she stopped riding.  So I inherited it.  Now i'm ready to make some mods.  Really liking the looks of the bobbed Savages so I'm going that route.  Trying to read a lot on the forum to learn from everyone else's knowledge and experience.  

Jason

98 LS650, Raptor petcock, everything else stock. Bobber mods in the works
  IP Logged
thejollyco
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1738 - 05/03/14 at 17:20:43

Howdy! I figure I'd do a quick introduction. I bought a 96 Savage right before winter, when I first got my license. Never would I have thought that there was such a place where I could get so much information on how to repair and maintain a bike. I have done some quick and easy stuff but I still have lots to learn and a fair amount to do before the bike is up and running.
I'm in Buffalo, NY by the way.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1739 - 05/04/14 at 03:22:47

Welcome to both of you, JDK & Jolly.
This is a pretty good place; we have fun; tinker with our bike and share what's been done.  The good part is that they work sometimes !  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:19:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.