Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
vr6rippin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1680 - 11/19/13 at 16:58:00

Hey all, first post! I picked myself up an '86 with 7000 miles the other day, guy took it apart and realized he was much better at disassembly than reassembly Roll Eyes I've been scouring the forums for weeks looking for ideas for which direction to go with it and I'm still not sure, but I can't wait to get started, a build thread is coming.  Smiley

IP Logged
billyp
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1681 - 11/20/13 at 03:33:46

so ,hello there ,from Athens, Greece, Europe.
and Billy's suzuki-savage- bobber, almost...new, that is a model of 1997.  with, what else, a blue collar USA kit.  suppose, the only one in this country.  got this bike  3 months ago, with 7000 klm ,use it every day. small problems so far , like  a carburator adjustment, petcock problem, changed it, and as far all ok. now runs with new muffler, noisy noisy stuff.....  for you people, that you have NEW models of this one, you are really lucky....feel fre to send any news, questions or whatever.. see you....

DSC_0038.jpg
  IP Logged
keith pearson
YaBB Newbies

ancient biker

Reply #1682 - 11/22/13 at 05:12:56

I am keith Pearson and this is my bike in progress.   I bought just the engine and rea wheel from a Savage, then I got a new chopper hard tail frame form "Hard Up Choppers"   in the UK.    Then I had to make and weld all the brackets.      I used a Kawasaki front fork, and lowered it to keep level.     Now it is very low.        I used the stock down  pipe for the exhaust and a copy of a British "Burgess" silencer  which gives a real British 1950/1940s  thumper sound. I also used a replica Lycett saddle and a replica "Lucas" front light.     I used a "Zenith Brainbox" for most of the wiring , they really save space and a lot of fiddling.            IF this link works I will send more pics, including my other bikes.

IP Logged
keith pearson
YaBB Newbies

ancient biker

Reply #1683 - 11/22/13 at 05:39:45

this is during the wiring-up.   The Brainbox means NO relays anywhere , except the starter solenoid.    I  have converted to a hand change for the gears, and also swapped the brake pedal over to the left - where it was in the good old days on all British bikes.  When I got a BMW I was confused , the gears and brakes were the wrong way round..    I am now 70 and took up bikes once more to have something to do - I don't ahve enough room for taking cars to bits. First I rebuilt a Honda Shadow 600  in Bobber style, then started this Savage project, then I bought a Vulcan 1600 Nomad.     I had a Bentley, but we sold that, so I also had a whole garage to keep bikes in.    

IP Logged
Thurston
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1684 - 11/23/13 at 07:56:31

Hello everyone

At 56 yrs old I just took up riding this year following retirement.  After taking the MSF course in April I purchased a 2013 Boulevard S40 and I can’t tell you how much fun I’m having on this thing.  I put about 5,000 miles on it this season.  The sales person I bought it from told me that I’ll probably want to upgrade to a bigger ride within a year or so, but you know I REALLY like this bike and think that I’ll stick with it.  
This forum is such a great source of information and inspiration. I really enjoy my daily read of the new posts and learning from the past ones.

Thanks to all.

IMG_1624.jpg
  IP Logged
Tempted
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1685 - 11/26/13 at 15:24:00

I just purchased an 86 for my brother inlaw. He has been riding my ZRX1200R and its just too much bike for a beginner. I bought the bike cheap, it needs a new harness, and I'll be completing the build over the next few days. I don't know how I'll be painting it, its an orange/red fade right now. I'm sure I'll have questions that you guys can answer quickly.

As for myself, I've been riding 10 years. I do my own work and have built 3 bikes from the ground up. My current stable consists of a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, 2005 Suzuki Katana, 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i and now this Savage. I *hope* to be adding a 2005 Yamaha V-Max that I'm in negotiations with. Past bikes are a 2007 Harley Street Bob, 1992 Suzuki RMX250S(one of my favorites), 2001 Ducati Monster(worst bike I ever owned) and a KLR650.

I'll get some picture of the Savage up tomorrow. I'll be building the harness tomorrow, repairing a small ding in the tank and painting it Friday. I have to build some kind of headlight bracket, this one is broken at the tabs, cut out some side covers and make a battery tray. Hopefully the bike(19k miles) will prove to be reliable, I'd hate to put him on a money pit or lemon for his first bike.

One thing I didn't know is how ridiculously light these are. I picked the bike up by the seat bracket and carried it over some stuff in my garage, something I could never do with my other street bikes. I realize the bike has no power or top end, but being that light makes me think it should have at least a little grunt on the bottom end. Thanks for the forum and thanks in advance for the help.

IP Logged
SavageBreed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1686 - 11/28/13 at 02:21:03

New to the site. Recently purchased an 86 Savage to customize and build. I am a welder by trade and always have had a fascination with motorcycles and two wheels since my first dirt bike at 8. Honestly didn't know these bikes existed until a few months ago (raised in a Harley household). I have seen a large amount of bolt-on/weld-on kits out there. I am looking to fab and burn out as much of this project I can myself. People say I need a hobby and my job name has been "Savage" a few years so here I am...  Grin

IP Logged
Bluesman

Jack of many trades

Malmö, Sweden
Reply #1687 - 11/30/13 at 02:32:18

Hi there - I´m Rick, from Sweden. Long-time motorcyclist, the latest being a pre-unit Triumph chop. Also network guy at the uni, hobby guitarist and tube amplifier builder/restorer. Oh yes, I also still do analogue photography. Cool

I´m guiding a young lady with a fresh license and a 95 Savage  to the world of motorcycling (including doing her own mechanical work on the bike), and this is a great place to pick up useful tips. Friendly atmosphere, too  Cool

Cheers /Rick

Cheers /Richard
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1688 - 11/30/13 at 08:30:26

Bluesman wrote on 11/30/13 at 02:32:18:
Hi there - I´m Rick, from Sweden. Long-time motorcyclist, the latest being a pre-unit Triumph chop. Also network guy at the uni, hobby guitarist and tube amplifier builder/restorer. Oh yes, I also still do analogue photography. Cool

I´m guiding a young lady with a fresh license and a 95 Savage  to the world of motorcycling (including doing her own mechanical work on the bike), and this is a great place to pick up useful tips. Friendly atmosphere, too  Cool

Cheers /Rick

http://shitkicker.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/2b.jpg?w=630&h=437

Welcome; nice Trumpet you got there dude.

IP Logged
Bluesman

Jack of many trades

Malmö, Sweden
Reply #1689 - 12/10/13 at 13:11:13

Tnx Smiley. Now, after working a bit with the aforementioned young lady on her Savage I realized what a cool piece of machinery this is, so I got myself one, too. A -97, with 14000kms on the dial, and in immaculate cosmetic and mechanical condition. It was such a joy to ride it home after a battery and plug swap. In midwinter.

And somewhere along the line, I remember doing a shootout between 15 or 20 cruisers for a mc mag here in Sweden, way back in 1995..and some 10 testers pointed out the cult machines of tomorrow. The Savage - even if it had weaknesses - was the one. Weren´t we so right? Smiley

Cheers /Richard
  IP Logged
LucasMonster
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1690 - 12/23/13 at 18:39:05

Hi everyone! I have decided to venture into the wonderful world of motorcycles, and the Savage seemed to fit me perfectly for my first.

I have gone through the motorcycle safety course, and am now hooked on the two-wheeled lifestyle. I can honestly say there is nothing like the feeling of twisting that throttle and feeling the push of torque through my body.

My '95 Savage (who I've lovingly named "Yoshimi") has some issues, but my dad and I (along with all the awesome info available on these forums) are working on getting them fixed. I look forward to learning everything I can about this fun ride.  

My_Bike.jpg
  IP Logged
SSG
YaBB Newbies

Keep Calm and Chive
On!!!

Ft. Bragg
Reply #1691 - 12/25/13 at 17:18:49

Hi ya'll. My name is Todd. I bought a 97 model about a year ago. My buddy had it in the back of his truck trying to sell it. He could not get ahold of the buyer so I bought it. I am in the Army, currently at Ft. Bragg. I am turning my Savage into a bobber and I am on a budget. I will get pics up as soon as I can. I have been reading through this website for some time now and decided to become a member. I have gotten plenty of info to include a new raptor petcock, Northern Tools rear fender, and rebuilding the front suspension with the homemade tools from this site. I just completed the MSF course last month and can finally enjoy my cycle. Man, I am glad I bought this bike out of the blue. Thanks for everyones ideas and knowledge, it has helped me out tremendously.

96 bobber, raptor petcock, cone filter, 14k miles,
  IP Logged
uigiroux

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1692 - 12/26/13 at 01:17:33

Hello,

My name is Uriah Giroux and I bought a 2007 savage last year with only 83 miles on it.   Some rich guy who has a bunch of cars decided he needed a bike and got this and drive it a few times then let it sit.   So I got a nearly brand new bike for half price!   Anyways I'm slowly trying to turn it into a car racer / brat style bike and am about half way done,  my main thing left to do is change the seat.   Looking forward to sharing ideas and whatnot with everyone!

IP Logged
seedubs1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1693 - 01/10/14 at 17:31:52

I'm Christian.  I've ridden bikes for a long time.  I'm mostly a suzuki guy, and I've ridden mostly crotch rockets, dirt bikes, and mortards in the past.  Getting older now and not into trying to kill myself, so I started looking into finding myself a nice little cruiser.  

Picked up a savage a few weeks back, and I'll be chopping it up and turning it into a bobber over the winter.  Can't wait to get back out on the road once the snow melts.

Also, thanks in advance to all of the awesome and knowledgeable people on this site.  I've been lurking for a while and reading/preparing to do a lot of the modifications that these bikes seem to need to get them to where they need to be (cam chain tensioner modification, head plug leak, rejetting, petcock swapping, etc...).

IP Logged
bejot
Ex Member

Reply #1694 - 01/16/14 at 02:24:27

I'm Bartek and I'm from Poland. Bought my Savage in 2011 and since I have no clue about engines, metal work, welding, painting and all that stuff I decided to take it apart and work on it myself.
It's my first bike and so far I'm loving the simplicity of it - despite it lacking in the power department.

2013-06-01_17_44_04-2a.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:32:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.