Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Lojim
YaBB Newbies

Every man needs a
place to retreat

Mechanicsburg, PA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1665 - 10/11/13 at 09:34:10

2003 Suzuki Savage 650 purchased with 8,543 miles. Has aftermarket pegs, grips, and exhaust.

The day I got it:

My daughter Jenny liked sitting on the bike:

My other daughter Julia was all smiles:

And the only mod I have done so far:

I've put about 1,500 miles on it in about a month of ownership. Really enjoying this bike!

...someone tell my wife I'm not crazy...

2003 Suzuki Savage 650
  IP Logged
black5750
YaBB Newbies

"That's one
Savage, Savage"

Lake Saint Louis, Mo
Reply #1666 - 10/13/13 at 20:24:55

New owner of a 97 Savage. Already put 1k on her in less than a month. Been roaming the boards finding tons of solutions for a few neglected areas that need a fixin'.  Pulling tins off soon for a new paint job, oh yeah!

97 Suzuki Savage LS650
  IP Logged
SeaLily24
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1667 - 10/22/13 at 13:11:16

Aloha from Hawaii!
Proud 2008 S40 owner here  Smiley
Thanks for the forum!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1668 - 10/22/13 at 17:04:47

SeaLily24 wrote on 10/22/13 at 13:11:16:
Aloha from Hawaii!
Proud 2008 S40 owner here  Smiley
Thanks for the forum!

AlooooooooHHAA   Cool

Welcome aboard bro

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1669 - 10/22/13 at 17:06:20

black5750 wrote on 10/13/13 at 20:24:55:
New owner of a 97 Savage. Already put 1k on her in less than a month. Been roaming the boards finding tons of solutions for a few neglected areas that need a fixin'.  Pulling tins off soon for a new paint job, oh yeah!

Howdy dude.
Lived in Cahokia for a couple of years when at Parks College...a very memorable time.   Grin

IP Logged
JayDuta
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1670 - 10/22/13 at 17:34:06

Yo! I picked up a 1996 LS650 about a week ago for $1,100. A friend of mine turned me on to do a RYCA RR-1 Build. The condition of the bike was not the greatest. It's been sitting out side for I don't know how long, but it only has around 4k Miles on it and the paint is pretty much worn out, rust, dirt and webs all over it. It doe's have a head gasket leak which left oil gushing out through the bottom of the head case.

I'm excited about the build and all the things I will be encountering. I found this site in hopes that I can contribute to an solutions I might find during the build as well as get some help from you guys.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #1671 - 10/23/13 at 09:31:24

JayDuta wrote on 10/22/13 at 17:34:06:
It doe's have a head gasket leak which left oil gushing out through the bottom of the head case.

Probably not a head gasket issue......Go into the Tech Section Index with Links, and look at the Head Plug Repair threads.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
JayDuta
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1672 - 10/23/13 at 10:02:30

There gasket is sticking out of the head a little already and the previous owner tried to use some sort of sealant around the bottom of the head. I'll be sure to check out all the other common leaks as advised in the Tech section. Thank you.

IP Logged
HartAttack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1673 - 10/28/13 at 17:28:58

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and new to riding. I have been through the basic rider's course and am now in the market for my first bike. I have pretty much decided on a Savage or S40 and look forward to browsing the site for tech information and getting to know the community.thanks in advance for all of the knowledge I will most likely be picking from your brains. Oh, and don't worry I know how to use the search function.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #1674 - 10/28/13 at 17:58:51

HartAttack wrote on 10/28/13 at 17:28:58:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and new to riding. I have been through the basic rider's course and am now in the market for my first bike. I have pretty much decided on a Savage or S40 and look forward to browsing the site for tech information and getting to know the community.thanks in advance for all of the knowledge I will most likely be picking from your brains. Oh, and don't worry I know how to use the search function.

Welcome Hart! And don't be afraid to ask if there's something that you can't find. I've been here a couple of years now and still have fits with the "search" function. Take note of some of the things like the head plug leak and the cam chain tensioner issues. Once you correct those items the Savage/S40 is a dependable bike good for upwards of 50,000 fun-filled miles!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
HartAttack
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1675 - 10/28/13 at 18:06:19

Thanks! And like I said I'm still in the market so if anyone knows of any sweet deals in the southeast I would be willing to drive. I'm currently stationed at Fort Stewart, GA (Southeast GA), so anything within 250 miles or so I would definitely consider. Thanks again!

IP Logged
TC
YaBB Newbies

All you gotta do is
jump.

Thousand Oaks, CA
Reply #1676 - 11/04/13 at 08:04:43

Morning everyone!
I'm a 24 year old student a year into marriage and 6 months into owning a motorcycles!  Both my wife's and my dad grew up riding and currently both own Harley's (Electraglide and Heritage). But I've never been into big beefy bikes. I bought a 2006 s40 over the summer. So far I've moved the license plate to a side mount and trashed the bulky fender mount and flipped the stock risers around to give it a bit more of a bobbed look. As of now I plan on swapping to a dyna muffler, pod filter, rejetting, adding some z bars and who knows what else! I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but super new to motorcycles so I look forward to utilizing all the info on here!

2006 S40/Black/Biltwell Keystones/Reversed Drag Risers/Gaiters/Raptor/Dyna/Belt guard Delete/Engine Guard Delete/Bates Tail Light/Side Mount Vertical License
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1677 - 11/04/13 at 08:48:05

Welcome TC!

Be sure to slap up a couple of pics of your ride, and what you are doing to it.
There is tons of information in the Tech section thread to help you out on any conversions you will get into.
These guys here are guru's on the savage/s40 so don't hold back on asking any questions you have!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Tummelisa083
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1678 - 11/05/13 at 19:08:36

Hi, just bought a LS650 2002 with 14000 miles. Going through regular maintenance at the moment to be ready for MD safety inspection.  Eventually I want turn it into a cafe racer.

I own a Yamaha XT500 and Yamaha SR400 as well.

image_127.jpg
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1679 - 11/05/13 at 20:33:41

Welcome Tummelisa083! Keep the rubber side down! Wink Grin

Nice looking ride!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:24:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.