Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
phatmanswingin
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Buckeye, AZ
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1635 - 08/22/13 at 17:15:22

I hope I'm welcome.  I don't have a savage/S40. In fact I don't have a bike at all.  
My name is Scott. I'm 50 all my kids are grown and all I want to do is learn to ride.  Unfortunately, I'm broke as hell. :'(  But I have decided, that when I do get a bike (and I WILL) it will be a savage/S40.  All my searching has led me to think it'll be the best bike for me.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1636 - 08/22/13 at 20:40:39

Welcome Scott! the S40 or LS 650 savage is a good choice, for learners or for us older folks that don't want to worry about picking up a big ol' heavy bike.

Also, you can pick up an S40 or LS 650 used for a fairly cheap price, I got my wife's 2004 for only $1,500 and it was in pretty good shape.
Depends on where you are from as to what the used ones are going for, so keep looking on craiglist and ebay to see if there are any good deals, i'd also check at motorcycle shops in your area, down here there are consignment shops for motorcycles.

Good luck on your hunt!!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
civilsavage
YaBB Newbies

Standing at the
Crossroads . . .

OH and PA
Reply #1637 - 08/24/13 at 04:24:17

Hi all!

I've been looking at buying a Savage for a while.  I've always had sportbikes in the past, but no more time for oiling chains and synching carbs.  The simplicity of the Savage appealed to me, and the idea of a big thumper as well.

So, I found this site while researching for the skinny on any mechanical woes.  You guys influenced my buying decision- I looked at several, but I bought the one whose owner had already swapped out the petcock.  Not only is it one less thing I'd need to do, but the fact that he had done it spoke well of his overall TLC on the bike.

Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a 2002 Savage with a bit under 6K miles on it.  Has a windshield and saddlebags, otherwise bone stock.  I haven't actually got it yet, pending the need to transfer title and get plates so I can ride it home.

Cost me $1600 and it's in great shape, no dings or drops.  That's another nice thing about these bikes, everyone seems to want either a twin cruiser or an I-4 sportbike.  The thumper crowd is clearly small, but if this site is any indication, passionate!

2002 Savage, 2005 HD E-Glide Classic
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1638 - 08/24/13 at 06:52:31

Howdy new dudes.
Welcome to the family.
This is quite the fun and very practical bike which is under appreciated by most of the bike world.
This site/forum is a good place to be; many fine folks here to share with and, if needed, to get a lot of helpful info on this bike.
I hope to see you around.

IP Logged
bluemt95
YaBB Newbies

'88 Black Savage,
14,500 miles

Charleston, IL
Reply #1639 - 08/28/13 at 19:50:22

Hello riders! I'm a newbie to the forum and to riding.  Just got my first bike in June.  1988 Savage with 13,850 miles, started and runs with no problems and paid $500.  I thought it was a steal so I jumped on the opportunity!
I always dreamed of getting a bike and my wife actually supported me each spring as I dreamed and searched for an economical bike.  I've got 5 kids and extra cash was/is never available.  Finally after 8 years of marriage, I saw this sweet looking cruiser that fit me good (I'm 5'7"ish) and started right up with the $500 for sale sign on it, I was hooked. It was actually at a garage sale I came across the bike 3 blocks from my house.
Since June, I've been stalking this forum.  Never having owned a bike, or anything with a carburetor (except my push mower), I was so glad to find this forum.  I'm mechanically inclined, just no experience with this equipment, at least not yet.
I've already got near 1000 miles on the bike and so far I've put on the Raptor Petcock, added a fuel filter and new fuel line, and changed the oil.  I'm thinking the Verslavy is in my future since I've got 14k miles on it, and I'm hearing a little clacking going on.
Anyway, I am totally in love with this bike and totally in love with riding the open road.  I'm riding every day to work 40 miles round trip, and anytime I'm going anywhere by myself and the weather is cooperating.

Thanks for this forum and giving me the confidence and support to dig in to my bike and keep on the road for years to come!

IP Logged
davidstipek
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki's Whatever
Size Bike... Rock!

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reply #1640 - 08/29/13 at 01:11:44

Hi Everyone..
I'm David, Retired (Originally from Seattle) residing @ Chiang Mai, Thailand with my Wife of many years. Now is our turn to take care of her Mom.
I need to be careful as most Thai have nicknames, hers is Toy (from her father as she was always the size of Baby Doll when little) So when she says where are you going and I respond.. "To work on... To ride... Tinker with... I need to change my answer to Bike (Not say Toy!)
I had a Suzuki Crystal RC110Y Electric start. Not really many affordable Bigger bikes here then. As it got older I had already desided to do a frame... to make my own cruiser... I did using NSR150 Honda rear forks/shock/disc B/wheel. Also used Honda Phantom tank and shift / Rear brake levers and front forks. Right now both wheels are 18". I was planning to replace front fork assembly (Complete: tire/rim/disc brakes) It will do 3 things:
1. Raise bars 5-6" even using a 17" rim/tire
2. Give me total Disc brake use!!
3. This is according to my wife! Give me a matching front Wheel!  Roll Eyes

Oh... I did use the 4 speed 110cc Suzuki 2T engine after complete going thru, only had 16,000 KM on it. New seals , rings, Over size Exhaust used Suzuki 150cc with expansion chamber and can (went from 7/8"OD to 1"ID...  Cool gave me more midrange and topend now it will exceed 8000 rpm with out loosing torque. increased speed in each gear 4-6 KPH. I also used final gearing for those of you trying to figure this out of Drive gear 15T (428) and Driven gear 35T (428).

Rear tire is 18"x3.5". I have room to use, was on wheel to begin with but very well Worn had a 18"x6.0" Looked "Nice" but for safty and the look on "Toys" face I changed it. It was actually 1" shorter in Height.

100_2045.JPG
  IP Logged
Quadra
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1641 - 09/01/13 at 13:16:12

Good day all.

Long time reader,  figured I'd start contributing.
Have an 86 savage that unfortunately has been sitting in  my carport for the last 4 years or so. That said,  my father's recent passing has prompted me to get back in the saddle. (He loved nothing more in life than riding his Shadow ACE all over the Pennsylvania backroads.).

At some point next year, wife and I will be moving back east (NY or PA, still up for debate). So I look forward to taking the savage cross country; but not so much looking to riding the 300 lbs pipsqueak through the open plains on a windy day. Either way, it should be fun....... assuming I don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere.  Tongue

IP Logged
ylekot
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1642 - 09/07/13 at 22:54:53

Hello.....I am from WAY North NY......thinking about picking up one of these bikes to bob out.....

Have been lurking for a long while and finally joined up Smiley

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1643 - 09/08/13 at 08:12:59

Quadra wrote on 09/01/13 at 13:16:12:
Good day all.

Long time reader,  figured I'd start contributing.
Have an 86 savage that unfortunately has been sitting in  my carport for the last 4 years or so. That said,  my father's recent passing has prompted me to get back in the saddle. (He loved nothing more in life than riding his Shadow ACE all over the Pennsylvania backroads.).

At some point next year, wife and I will be moving back east (NY or PA, still up for debate). So I look forward to taking the savage cross country; but not so much looking to riding the 300 lbs pipsqueak through the open plains on a windy day. Either way, it should be fun....... assuming I don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere.  Tongue

No worries riding it long distance, I road my wifes this spring from the panhandle of florida to the north Carolina mountains with no problem. Even did a little interstate traveling thru Atlanta without getting blown out of the saddle, the bike is VERY nimble and no problem with getting around or passing.

Oh and welcome ! look forward to hearing about your travels  Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1644 - 09/08/13 at 08:15:37

ylekot wrote on 09/07/13 at 22:54:53:
Hello.....I am from WAY North NY......thinking about picking up one of these bikes to bob out.....

Have been lurking for a long while and finally joined up Smiley

Welcome! I am thinking of doing the same with one for myself! Going to cut out all the excess weight and minimalizing as much as possible, so if I drop it I can pick it back up! LOL.... getting older and wiser.... Grin

IP Logged
Skitzer
YaBB Newbies

Watch out where the
Huskies go!

Maine
Reply #1645 - 09/08/13 at 20:24:35

I'm Bob from Bowdoinham, Maine.
I'm retired US Navy and currently work for Comcast cable.
I have never owned anything but Harley Davidsons until a few days ago. My current Harley is a 2008 Heritage softail.
I picked up a 1998 Savage a few days ago with 4,650 miles on it for the purpose of bobbing it. I happened to see a Youtube video of a bobbed Savage and was fascinated by it ... I had to have one. It's not in the best of shape because it has been sitting for years in a basement and hasn't been ridden much. It has some rust and corrosion here and there but nothing serious that cant be fixed as I tear it down. The engine runs great and that's the most important thing to me. Tires need to be replaced and brake pads need replacing as well so those will be a priority after I clean the hell out of it. I will break out my camera and take some before pictures and maybe post a few.
I will be seeking some guidance and should have some questions for you Savage Veterans out there. Looking forward to some good conversations and ideas here.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1646 - 09/09/13 at 00:51:29

Welcome Skitzer! You come to the right place, these guys are the guru's of the savage/s40 and then some!

If ya wanna good read hit the Tech section, theres tons of stuff! If you get stuck or are just throwing an idea around in yer head, put it up in the café and wait fer the comments!

IP Logged
Gerry

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Southwest Michigan
Reply #1647 - 09/09/13 at 06:45:22

Hi all,
My name is Gerry.  I just purchased a 97 Savage a couple of weeks ago after discovering Ryca Motors article in the August/ Sept. issue of Cafe Racer.  I am in the process of dismantling the savage now and I have ordered the CS-1 kit from Ryca and have sent the rear rim and fuel tank off to Ryca for them to mod.

I have been riding for 35+ years, various bikes from Norton's (my first bike when I was 17) to various Japanese sport bikes in the mid to late 80's thru to about 2004 or so.  My current bikes are a 2007 Ducati GT1000, a 2008 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200.  My wife and I do a lot of touring on the Guzzi.  We enjoy that immensely.

Been lurking here for a couple of weeks.  Really blown away by all the info offered here for the Savage. This forum is an incredible resource.

Thanks for reading,
Gerry  

This message was posted using Google Chrome on a system using Linux Mint 17 Mate
  IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #1648 - 09/09/13 at 13:34:13

I just joined this forum. Ive worked all my life for all my vehicles and bills, and my dad and stepmom just gave me a 2006 boulevard s40 and im overly excited. At the moment just surfing the forum for ideas on seats and all the possibilities of this bike.

IP Logged
fsfishnchips
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1649 - 09/13/13 at 11:19:06

Hi All~

I bought the Savage 1 year ago as my first bike, didn't join the forum as I thought I would out-grow it very soon.

1 year later.....

I am still in love with my Bike & decided to run this Savage to the ground and hand over to my (future) kids Grin  

975496_10151513021418014_1394416368_n.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:38:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.