Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
tdub2112
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1620 - 07/29/13 at 13:17:30

Hey all! I signed up here a year or two ago when I started researching bikes, and then the boss (mom) put the kibosh on that idea.

Untill now.  Grin

I'm now the proud rider (not owner) of a '03 Savage. Since I've been riding dirt bikes since I was about 8, things came really naturally, and with my small size (5' 4" 130lbs) The little Savage has just the grunt and right weight for me.

Went for a Sunday ride with dad. mom (02 Kawi Concours) and my brother and sister in-law (06 Ninja 250) out through the wind farms east of my house. I gotta say, I'm in love, The torque is super manageable, but has enough pep to get up and go when it needs to.

Now I just need to find me some saddle bags, but that's a question for the search bar.  Smiley

1002467_10201659695196602_1266555012_n.jpg
  IP Logged
Munnizza
YaBB Newbies

LS650 is my
religion!

Rome - Italy
Reply #1621 - 07/29/13 at 23:36:18

Hi all!
I'm Turi, a 32 years old from Italy, owner of a yellow '98 Savage since 2005.
I'm sorry for my english hoping to be able to be undestood by all of you.

I had an accident in july 2009 and my bike has been firm for four years till today.

In this week I'll start its rebirth and customization and I'm sure that here I'll find in you my same passion and a priceless help for my cause.

So, bike-friends, I greet all of you!  Cool

savage.JPG

I'm a real sicilian badass, not one of the guidos...
  IP Logged
Duckman24
YaBB Newbies

Life's better on 2
wheels!

Ottawa, Canada
Reply #1622 - 08/01/13 at 17:07:57

G'day all, just got my first LS650 (2005)!  Smiley Traded my 2005 Katana for it. Some have called me crazy but I've always liked the Savage and kind of like the thumpers, had a DR650 before the Katana. Got lots of questions but will do some reading before posting!
Cheers all!
Duck Smiley

IP Logged
Ralph_86-Savage
YaBB Newbies

Romans 10:9

Fayette Co., WV
Reply #1623 - 08/02/13 at 10:51:55

Hey everyone!

My name is Ralph. I'm a 29 yr old mining engineer(civil by degree) and live in Southern WV.  
I've always wanted a bike, but it was never in the cards for me.
About 4 years ago, I went to Indiana to help my uncle reroof his garage.  He had an 86 Savage (under 5,000 miles too) in the garage that looked amazing to me, for its age.  It had one very small tear in the passenger backrest and a dent in the gas tank from dropping it in the garage and the rear right blinker was broken off but he had it rigged on.  We talked about that bike a while and I told him how much I loved it.  I drove home and about 3 months later, he called me to see if I was interested in the bike.  Of course, I told him yes, depending on the price.  He told me that if I was willing to drive back out there to see him, I could just take the bike home with me.  The rest is history.  My uncle passed away with cancer recently and now i'm more driven than ever that make it my own.

I appreciate the time you all have taken to put so much good information on this forum.  I've been burning through the pages for over a month pretty steadily.  I look forward to using this site at I continue to grow as a biker and as I modify my bike.  Even though i'm only 5'6" and pretty portly Wink , this bike is amazingly comfortable and fun to ride.  

I guess I will catch you all in the forums...

1986 4spd Savage
Approx. 6,000 Miles
  IP Logged
CutlassChic500cid
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1624 - 08/05/13 at 19:54:36

Hey everyone!

I've been a lurker for a few years, joined when I bought and started a rebuild on an 86 Savage. The way life goes the project got pushed aside for a few years. I got as far as rebuilding the motor and left it in the paint stage with still a lot to be done.

Well I got the bug to want to learn how to ride again a few months ago, and there's something about the size of the Savage that I don't find one bit intimidating. With HUGE anxiety and a few health issues I need something that I'm really comfortable with. So looked on craigslist and low-and-behold I found a 2004 Savage with a little over 1300 miles on it. Needless to say I snatched it right up. Probably over paid a little bit, but I never see them for sale around here (except at a dealer) and it is practically brand new, so I really didn't mind.

Before I start riding it I've been swapping over a few custom parts from my 86, like the Drag Bars, and the custom risers that my friend's father milled out of aluminum in the MIT machine shop, one of a kinds that I'm rather fond of.  I still have a little bit more to do, like wrap the header, and adjust the brake if I can (it just seems to put my foot at a VERY uncomfortable angle), and remove the darn sissy bar that I keep tripping over as I get off of the bike.  All this and I don't even know if I can ride, lol. But I am willing on giving it a try.

Now that I've told you a bit about my bike, here's a bit about me.  I'm a 30somthin lady from just outside of Boston. My main hobby was wrenching on cars and trucks (hence the name CutlassChic500). Nothing I own is ordinary, just can't be that one that fades into the background, which is another reason I am drawn to the Savage. I didn't get into bikes until I met my Fiancé five years ago. He's got a 08 Triumph Daytona 675, Both his parents ride Harleys, then there's his dad's project Harleys, and a 68 Triumph Tiger. Needless to say, my 1980 Cutlass with the Caddy 500 under the hood got pushed aside and I started getting interested in easier, less expensive builds - Bikes. It's a family thing. We've all done a few trips to Sturgis (his parents are out there right now WAHHH), and one trip to the Tail of the Dragon.  I'm ready to ride those roads myself in the future.

It's nice to meet you all here, I've already found some amazing information to help me out. Hope to meet you all here soon  Cool

IP Logged
bobberstylist78
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)
Reply #1625 - 08/13/13 at 22:53:52

hey everyone my names austin im 19 from a small town in north carolina and recently purched me a 96 savage ive been riding dirtbikes since i can remember but always wanted a streetable cycle i bought my bike for $800 with 20000 miles on it and took it apart bobbed it out and put some red flake custom paint with a supertrapp i absolutly love this bike but hopefully can get the clutch slip worked out

IP Logged
Fizzer
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1626 - 08/14/13 at 00:47:06

Hi everyone
Andy here from Oxfordshire, UK.
Not ridden a bike in 5 years and have just got a '91 Savage
I'm doing a Ryca build
Should be ready just in time for winter   Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Mordiem
YaBB Newbies

I JUST WANT IT TO
WORK!!!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #1627 - 08/14/13 at 09:19:07

Hi everyone,

Not sure if I have introduced myself or not yet. I've been on here for almost a year now. I got this bike (86' Savage) from a friend in a trade. He had taken some mechanics classes at the local community college and though he could redo the whole bike, (he was wrong) he stripped out most of the wiring and didn't label anything when he did it. needless to say the bike is a bit of a headache. Now I'm not much better but I do know when your over your head. I've been working on this bike off and on for about a year (mostly off) I've recently started re-reading this msg. board and it rekindled my interest in the bike. There is still a LOT of work to be done but I'll get there in time.

IMG_20130813_191532_384.jpg

86' Savage
  IP Logged
terpfan1980

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Near DC
Reply #1628 - 08/14/13 at 13:11:57

Howdy all, I've asked a few questions along the way, over in the appropriate area, and taken advantage of the marketplace to buy some replacement parts and such, but hadn't yet stopped in here to introduce myself.

While I posted some details about things that are still on my wishlist of repairs/upgrades for my relatively new-to-me but definitely old and well-used 1998 Savage over in the Rubber Meets the Road area, I figured I could stop in here too and introduce my bike a little better.

This poor lady needed several items taken care of when I got it, including:
  • New tires
  • Brakes
  • New petcock
  • Broken speedo
  • Holes in exhaust (redneck engineering resolved for now, fiberglass tape has been used to cover over those holes and get the bike past inspection, as done by the shop that I had the inspection done at)
  • Oil leak repair (nasty oil leak on the left side of the bike)
  • tune-up/get bike running again (the catch-all that had the shop so happy to take my money  Tongue Cheesy Grin)

I had some fun trying to get the titling resolved and get tags for this bike, but eventually got that all taken care of, and have now been able to enjoy more than a few rides on it, which has helped me put together my to-do list for this.

Earlier resolved items, or items in the process of being knocked off my list:
  • Toolkit was lost long ago, ordered replacement while ordering a new Choke plunger
  • Choke plunger replacement is on order (choke won't stay in place as it currently sits)
  • Helmet lock was lost along the way, replacement for that is on order
  • A couple of the turn signal indicators were damaged previously and had been kept on by tape, replacements were ordered and will be installed later

Still on the list of things to address:
  • Driver's seat has a hole in it that has been taped over - looking at replacing the seat with a new Corbin seat when funds are available.
  • New muffler (intending to keep stock muffler on it)
  • Windscreen (I prefer to have a windscreen/shield on bikes that I ride, aftermarket screen/shield is in my wishlist at Amazon, probably obtained soon)

As it sat at the previous owner's (parent's) garage:

IP Logged
MrPazloe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern NJ
Reply #1629 - 08/14/13 at 13:48:32

Greetings everyone!

My name is Niche. I'm a 32-year old Medical coder from Northern NJ. I've been lurking on these boards for a couple of months, ever since I purchased my 2006 Savage (3200 miles). Love my thumper! Ordered a Ryca kit a month ago and just finished it. Learned ALOT during the process.

I haven't needed to post any questions since the search feature here is awesome! I was able to do the raptor petcock upgrade using the post with pictures here. Also adjusted the air mixture screw using the info on the boards. This is a wonderful community packed with good and knowledgable folks. I'm happy to be here!  Tongue

Mr Pazloe

2006 Ryca Suzuki Savage (2300 miles)
Army green with black spoke wheels!
  IP Logged
Snowacko
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1630 - 08/15/13 at 19:05:45

I've been creeping on this site for a while now. Tons of great info on here that helped me tons in figuring out why oil squirted all over the place, why my electrical issues have issues, etc. etc. Here is my savage that I've been working on since last winter. Now I'm bored, and I can't wait to tear into another one!

P1040520.jpg
  IP Logged
justjim117
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1631 - 08/19/13 at 18:12:47

Hey all! My name is James from Tulsa, Ok. I'm just over 40 and have always dreamed of owning a bike. Passed my MSF class recently and bought a 2013 LS650 after trying out a 2003 Harley Sportster. The Harley sounds good but felt it rode horribly. The S40 is a great bike. No only a great beginner bike but big enough to hang onto for many years. Very easy to ride and just feels right. Glad to be apart of the Savage family.

IMG734.jpg
  IP Logged
Rix

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1632 - 08/20/13 at 10:07:02

I'm Rick.
I just bought a '13 boulevard s40 off the showroom floor.
(why did they change the name to THAT?)

First new vehicle I've ever bought. Waranty FTW.

I also have an mb5 with some stuff done to it (lol)

Pic:

2013 BOULEVARD S40/LS650 ALL STOCK
1982 HONDA MB5 WITH MODS
  IP Logged
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
Reply #1633 - 08/20/13 at 16:14:12

Hey y'all. I am NHLycan and I'm a newbie. I picked up my 2003 SL650 in July and I love it almost as much as I love my wife. I've got the Raptor coming in Thursday and I'll be lifting the seat Saturday. After she's winterized I'll come calling for the cam adjuster. Oh, I'll also be adding the fuel filter with the Raptor.
I lurked for a few weeks and this is a wonderful forum. Thanks so much.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #1634 - 08/20/13 at 18:50:54

Fantastic! Looks like a great new group of guys and gals came aboard since I last looked. Welcome to all of you!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 23:37:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.