Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Ricky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1605 - 07/07/13 at 08:52:14

Hi, Ricky here in Miami. I've had several bikes over the years but, this is the first Savage and I've gotta say...I friggin love the bike. It's a blast to ride.

2013-06-19_10_59_30-1.jpg
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #1606 - 07/07/13 at 10:28:40

Dang fine lookin' ride there! Welcome!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Ricky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1607 - 07/08/13 at 00:09:22

Thank you, sir. Glad to be here.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #1608 - 07/09/13 at 18:56:59

Welcome Ricky! Nice bob!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Ricky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1609 - 07/10/13 at 12:52:05

Thanks Zar. Cool

IP Logged
thecoolerking
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kansas
Reply #1610 - 07/11/13 at 12:08:55

Just bought an '05 S40 with 2700 miles on it. It's up to 3100 now in just a couple of weeks. Fun bike. It's been 30 years since my last ride (a dirt bike) and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've just ordered the Raptor petcock and got a Dyna muffler to install when my adapter get's here. Will rejet too. Gonna move the rear turn signals and install some bags after that. Look forward to lots of fun with the mods.

2005 Suzuki Boulevard S40. Modifications include: Carb Jet-Kit with 52.5 Pilot, 150 Main Jet and reduced needle spacer. Idle screw out 3 turns. Dyna muffler.
  IP Logged
Cambridge89
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1611 - 07/16/13 at 16:56:45

I just bought Epeck's Savage bob and I've already started having fun, White walls should be in this week and rims go in for black powder coat tomorrow.

So far only thing I've done is fabbed an intake (pep boys special) and straight piped/ wrapped exhaust. seat situation is temporary till i get my weld-on studs and springs, really looking forward to a eye-catcher bobber.

Anyone in the Jacksonville FL area?

bobber_001.jpg
  IP Logged
BLOCK
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cocoa, FL
Reply #1612 - 07/16/13 at 19:30:24

Hey guys. New guy in town. Just bought my 87 savage last week. I have her torn down right now. Engine and frame are getting new paint. Removing air box and other bits and pieces. Hoping to lower the forks and  build some hard struts while I have her down. Should be back on the street next week! Thank you guys so much! The info posted here has helped allot.

87' ls650 Monster Thumper
  IP Logged
swedishbiker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Växjö Sweden
Reply #1613 - 07/17/13 at 00:13:43

Hi bikers, I am a new Savage owner in Sweden. The local Harley dealer had a DIY 1993 Savage for sale.  So I bought it Smiley
In younger days I had a 1965 Triumph Daytona 500, a 1981 Suzuki GS500 and today I drive Yamaha XJ900 1983. My youngest kid is 8 and taking him on tour with the XJ is not good. It built for higher speed and highways. With the Savage we can cruise and also drive gravel roads.
To do on the bike, remove camcover  Embarrassed I did try but it did not come of, somebody has glue it with silicon and I did not dare to use tools between the head and cover. It is leaking some oil over the exhuast port. And the head bolts could need service.
Engine is ticking a little but I dont think its the chain, sound on left side high as it was the valve. No smoke from exhaust so it's not leaking oil. Sparkplug shows a little high temperature. Seat cover bad, drive belt not perfect, fork is leaking oil.
32000 km on the meter. I think the bike will stay my life time with me, if I can fix the small issues  Smiley

rightside.jpg
14365412   IP Logged
locomotiveman1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota USA
Reply #1614 - 07/17/13 at 20:42:56

Hi. I'm back. I must've 'Deleted Myself'. I'm now Locomotiveman1. Anywho, 8,800 miles on the little 'Thumper' and no Verslagy Mod to the Cam Tensioner yet. It's great to 'troll' you guys' brains for Mods and update info. Later, Locomotiveman1

locomotive_midair.jpg
  IP Logged
toddsls650
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1615 - 07/23/13 at 15:54:09

Hi! My name is Scott. My brother just bought a 95 ls650 but I'm the mechanical one so it will be my responsibilty to keep it on the road. He has always liked what I've done to all of my bikes so he has givin me artistic freedom to do to his bike anything I want. I am really liking the bobber look so I think we'll go that route. I am currently on a 2012 Fatboy that I've done alot of custom work to and have taken it about as far as I can so I'm looking forward to this project, especially since the money is coming out of his pocket. I've been looking around this site and see alot of nice rides and awesome tips and tricks, glad to be here.

IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1616 - 07/24/13 at 16:01:31

I would like to say "Hi" and thanks for a great website. I live in Tacoma WA, and there are very few of these bikes around here. I was relieved to find some real solutions to some serious shortcomings on this model. The dealer was no help, pointing out modifications would void the warranty (Warranty? We don need no stinky Warranty!). So with your help, I have corrected the harsh ride, the flaky petcock, the rough idling, and most of the afterfiring. The midrange power still needs work. BTW, I love the styling, the nimble handling, all of the controls are top-notch, and the bike fits me perfectly. This summer WEWA is enjoying incredible weather, and I'm riding every day. Pinch me; I must be dreaming!
Cheesy

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1617 - 07/25/13 at 08:03:34

HAPPYDAN wrote on 07/24/13 at 16:01:31:
I would like to say "Hi" and thanks for a great website. I live in Tacoma WA, and there are very few of these bikes around here. I was relieved to find some real solutions to some serious shortcomings on this model. The dealer was no help, pointing out modifications would void the warranty (Warranty? We don need no stinky Warranty!). So with your help, I have corrected the harsh ride, the flaky petcock, the rough idling, and most of the afterfiring. The midrange power still needs work. BTW, I love the styling, the nimble handling, all of the controls are top-notch, and the bike fits me perfectly. This summer WEWA is enjoying incredible weather, and I'm riding every day. Pinch me; I must be dreaming!
Cheesy  

Have you done the white spacer mod ?
If not, you need to do so to correct the midrange blaa's.

IP Logged
HAPPYDAN

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1618 - 07/25/13 at 11:15:36

Hi Lancer. Thanks for the suggestion. I am saving that for when the crappy weather comes back. Probably September. Did I mention the bike I bought was a brand new 2012, bought in February this year. I was surprised at how little the dealer knew about this bike, so no dealer service for this one! I made that mistake with a Samurai years ago. The little jeep ran great until I took it in for major service. Never ran right again. BTW, my first bike was a X-6 Hustler - what a screamer! Sold that and got a TS 250 Savage, a dual sport. I guess Zuki kept the name but changed the game.

IP Logged
Stealthmobile
YaBB Newbies

Play the grey!

whitehorse, yukon, canada
Reply #1619 - 07/29/13 at 12:40:17

hello from north of 60! I call Whitehorse, Yukon home and have for 40+ years. Love it up here and have no desire to go south except to go outside once in awhile to see how crazy it is out the real world rat race. I have a '06 s40 that has sat for 3 years and is time to revive and then hot/rat rod it Wink. I bought the bike new in '08, rode it for a couple of years, then blew my back out very badly in '10. it has sat from then and now with fuel prices as they are!! any way hello to all

'06 s40 stock (for now)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:33:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.