Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1545 - 01/30/13 at 06:14:52

Aleks,
l'accueil au forum et nous envoient beaucoup de vin.

I think I just said "welcome to the forum and send us a lot of wine". If not, please accept my apology; but you can still send the wine. Cool

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
nrausch
YaBB Newbies

2003 Savage

Brooklyn, NY
THANKS FOR HAVING ME!
Reply #1546 - 01/30/13 at 06:23:03

Greetings all!

Nate here from Brooklyn, NY.

I ride a vstar classic 650, and have done pretty basic wrenching and body work. Jan 1 2013, bought a 2003 Savage for the wife to ride, and for me to hone my mechanic skills on. The bones are all there, but the clutch and exhaust seem to need the most immediate attention. So far I have stripped the whole body down and done a paint job. (Progress pic attached.) Flushed the oil a few times, changed all the filters and fluids, etc...  Rideable, but I'm having an issue which from scanning this great forum is likely to be a clutch adjustment. The engine sounds good and is revving but all of the power just doesn't make it to the wheels after 2nd gear, and 5th gear is almost useless. Will be cleaning the carb and diving into the clutch this weekend. Wish me luck.

I look forward to learning from and contributing to the community as much as I can.

Anyways, hello!!!!

Nate
Cool

Screen_Shot_2013-01-30_at_9_39_32_AM.png

2003 LS650 Savage.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #1547 - 01/30/13 at 20:10:51

Nate if the clutches are slipping it could be worn discs. Don't throw them out but search out some old used plates from a shop and find the thinnest one you can. Clean it up and ADD it to your original stack. Adjust from there and you may add a few thousand miles before you replace them.

Second thought on clutch slipping,someone may have used the wrong oil and you ended up with "greasey" discs. Don't use oils with the "friction reducing" additaves! It causes clutch problems!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
nrausch
YaBB Newbies

2003 Savage

Brooklyn, NY
Reply #1548 - 02/05/13 at 14:36:45

Thanks ZAR,

I'll be diving in there in the next two weeks. Decided to get the carb cleaned and the valve adjustments done first.

2003 LS650 Savage.
  IP Logged
Didndee742
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1549 - 02/07/13 at 00:32:22

Hi all,

Hexnut and Blinky, thanks for your words of welcome (bienvenue, in french Wink).
I'm afraid sending a lot of wine is not possible (in terms of quantity, and probably customs rules), but should any of you be willing to visit France, and come over to Saint-Etienne 42000 (I live very close to it), I will be more than happy to have you as a guest, and share a a few good bottles...

Just leave a message...

IP Logged
teggy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1550 - 02/10/13 at 12:51:27

Teggy: Mike from DeKalb, Il 40 years young. I've been wrenching and riding two wheelers since I was 16. I currently own a 06 Savage that I have rebuilt as a project for my better half. I ride a 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200 that I have owned for 5 years now. I work in service for a Ford dealer.

I love the Chicago Blackhawks and all hockey. In general I'm a Chicago sports fan I.e: Bears, Cubs, Sox and Bulls.

I enjoy working on motorcycles about as much as riding them.

507.jpg
  IP Logged
wheelsoffreedom76
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Reply #1551 - 02/13/13 at 14:51:20

Hello everyone, Mike here. I just bought a 2006 S40 on Saturday. I started with a mini-bike when I was six (Honda 50), then a Yamaha special 50 streetbike when I was ten. I hadn't ridden since I was sixteen till this past saturday (a fair amount of time passed) when I rode my S40 home from the dealer. I am a auto/truck/equipment mechanic by trade, and currently on extended vacation. Thanks to everyone here for all the information that has been very helpful thus far.

06 S40
  IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #1552 - 02/20/13 at 09:39:50

Hello everyone, I think there's two or three of these type of threads so I figured I'd spread myself around. I bought my second bike a 96 Savvy a little over a month ago and immediately started tearing it down to a more streamline backyard bob look. My first two wheeler was an 84 Honda Shadow vt700 but these thumpers have some pep to them. I did a lot of research on this site before becoming a member and buying the bike because I wanted to purchase a thumper that was affordable and fun to customize. I both love and hate that there aren't more simple "bolt-on" items for this bike but it is bitter sweet and makes for a great canvas to express our own ideas. While I am a partial fan (and I use that word lightly) of BCB's and Ryca's kits, I couldn't possibly call it my own build if I used their styles. Please do not take offense any and all who have. It's just not for me, not to mention overpriced! I'm aiming to mount the rear fender and possibly taillight today which will require some minor fabricating/ mounting. I'll post an older pic but not much has been done since due to life/work, the constant battles we all face  Tongue Still waiting for my drag bars, grips, and turn signals. She'll be getting paint makeover as well when all said and done. I'll share details of the build then. Ride and roll on all!

0204131614a_001.jpg

J-Bird
  IP Logged
Niki
YaBB Newbies

Denmark
Reply #1553 - 02/20/13 at 11:25:10

Hi there!

Niki from Denmark here. I've been watching the forum for awhile.

I bought a 97' Savage with 34000 km on it last summer. General state of the bike was OK, allthough it was in need of some TLC, but mostly cosmetic.

I've made a few changes to it since i bought it:

-Replaced handlebars with some wider ones
-Added some 4" lights
-Put on new seatcovers
-Added a Raask Dragpipe (That thing is friggin' LOUD! Grin)

Also I got the bike re-painted. In the picture it looks very light blue, but IRL it's significant darker.

I still have a few things to do before it hit the road:

Check cam tensioner
Put on some forward controls, as my 6,2" really needs it  Smiley

That was about it for now. Cheers!

IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1554 - 02/23/13 at 10:40:34

My name is Shon, and I'm new here! I'm 42, married, & I have 2 boys- one 3-1/2, & one 7 months. I went to school for A&P mechanic, but I work as a mechanic in the food industry, (coffee). I grew up around motorcycles.....literally! We didnt have a garage, so my dad would park his '49 Panhead in the house in the winter. I'm originally from Rockford, Il, but I got so completely sick of winter I moved to Columbia, SC in 2011.
I bought my first motorcycle in 1990....I'd never ridden anything as the pilot previous to this.....EVER, not even a mini bike! Since then, I've owned over 100 motorcycles, ranging from Ducati 916 to XR600 to YZ250f to SV650, & on & on. My passion is road racing, which I've been doing since 1997. I've collected a couple handfuls of regional championships, & I've been on national podiums. I even managed to snag CCS regional championships the last to years, at my ripe old (racing) age. I'm also a track day instructor/coach.

I joined the forum to pick brains & find knowledge on the platform. Like many others here, I'm doing a Ryca build, scrambler version. I just got the bike, & it will have a couple different twists. I'm doing a couple downshifts on the racing in 2013, with the addition of son #2, (hey! Racing ain't cheap!), so I'm building this to get more bike time, as well as I enjoy wrenching & fabricating.

(Copy & pasted from another "intro" post)

IP Logged
Jiggyfly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1555 - 02/23/13 at 10:41:57

teggy wrote on 02/10/13 at 12:51:27:
Teggy: Mike from DeKalb, Il 40 years young. I've been wrenching and riding two wheelers since I was 16. I currently own a 06 Savage that I have rebuilt as a project for my better half. I ride a 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200 that I have owned for 5 years now. I work in service for a Ford dealer.

I'm from Rockford. Familiar with Archer Alignment?

IP Logged
Sticks16
YaBB Newbies

Tampa, Florida
Reply #1556 - 02/25/13 at 09:18:34

Hey Niki nice drum set up....What kind of music you rockin with those demon drives??

J-Bird
  IP Logged
zieglarf
YaBB Newbies

Lovin my Suzi!

San Antonio, TX
Reply #1557 - 03/01/13 at 15:54:58

My name is Frank in San Antonio, TX and I finally got my bike. I had a couple small bikes when I was young - about 20 years ago - but never really learned to ride properly. Never had a license - and just farted around on those and got rid of them. I've wanted to get a bike for at least a few years but couldn't afford it.

I've been checking out bikes and have been interested in the S40 for a while. This past weekend I took the local MSF course and had a blast. Then I started shopping seriously for a bike. A local dealer had last years model (2012) on the floor with 2 miles on it. Discounted to get rid of it and Suzuki offering 0% financing. That clenched it.

I rode my S40 home on Wed. I put 100 miles on it in two days just doing nothing except riding around a little to really get used to it. As a newb with very little experience - I'm loving it!

Here I am getting ready to take it home!

Frank_and_Suzi.jpg

'12 S40
WWW   IP Logged
oldsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

panhandle of florida
Reply #1558 - 03/18/13 at 17:30:50

Hi, I'm Bill
 We got a 2002 LS650 Savage for the wife's "next step" into the motorcycle world. She is...shhh don't tell her I told you.... 49 yrs old and decided last year she wanted to drive instead of ride and well...got her license last month and has been riding a honda 250 rebel to get her skills up.
Seen the savage at a local consinement dealer and offered $1,300 for it and he took it, said his wife didn't like it (fell over on her and broke her ankle).
I've gone thru the electric/fuel/air systems and all seems to be good so far, rear tire has to be replaced some how it got sliced deeply. I've spent the past two days cleaning chrome, will be replacing the front brake pads this week.
Wasn't used to high vibes and have to hunt down a few rattles, the tool box needs trim, the speedo housing makes noise and I think I might have to adjust the valves because i'm not sure how loud they are supposed to sound.
I'll be reading and posting untill we get this thing right!

2002 Suzuki LS650 Savage
2007 Honda 250 Rebel
2007 Harley Davidson RoadGlide
2013 Kawasaki 300 Ninja
  IP Logged
PinkHelmet
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mangalia, Romania, Europe.
Reply #1559 - 03/19/13 at 11:11:38

I'm Adrian from Romania, Eastern Europe, and I've recently become the owner of a '95 Savage (50k km) with some extended controls in exchange of my Vn800 which has grown too heavy for my weak knee.

So, hi everybody!

[img][/img]

C360_2013-03-17-15-04-31-279.jpg

Out of my mind. Back in 5'...
rusuac   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 03:24:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.