Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1530 - 01/03/13 at 18:49:55

Face here! Long time listner, first time caller. I've been lurking around here for some time and I must say, this place is awesome! I just had to join. I picked up a Savage a few months ago for a RYCA (fad?) build, and came across this forum while doing research on performance options and maintenance procedures. The wealth of info and experience here, coupled with a genuine sense of community, is very addicting. I can't seem to stay away, so I figured I'd stop trying. Anywho, hopefully at some point I'll be able to provide an informative post that might help someone out the way you all have helped me. Thanks guys!

2007 S40 w/6550 miles on the clock................. It won't look like this for long.

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
jvdb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1531 - 01/03/13 at 20:22:52

Face wrote on 01/03/13 at 18:49:55:
I picked up a Savage a few months ago for a RYCA (fad?) build

Guess I won't have the only Ryca around SL. I'm building one for my wife right now (winter project). I'm close to done, but won't get the tins painted until Feb.

How far along are you?

IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #1532 - 01/03/13 at 20:40:18

Torn down to the frame at the moment. Still need some prep work before I send the hub and tank to RYCA. As long as I can stay motivated, I should be starting a build thread here pretty soon. And I think mine will be a little different than most! (teaser) -inverted forks-

Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
jvdb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1533 - 01/04/13 at 07:36:57

Face wrote on 01/03/13 at 20:40:18:
Torn down to the frame at the moment. Still need some prep work before I send the hub and tank to RYCA. As long as I can stay motivated, I should be starting a build thread here pretty soon. And I think mine will be a little different than most! (teaser) -inverted forks-

Nice, you going to fix the rake angle too?

I need to send off my USD forks to get rebuilt sometime this winter. Want to upgrade the valves and springs.

IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #1534 - 01/04/13 at 17:53:55

jvdb wrote on 01/04/13 at 07:36:57:
Nice, you going to fix the rake angle too?

Yup, with shorter forks, taller rear shocks, and custom triple trees I should be around 4.25 inches of trail on 28.5 degree rake.

What are you doing for triples, by the way?

Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
jvdb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1535 - 01/04/13 at 19:35:46

Face wrote on 01/04/13 at 17:53:55:

What are you doing for triples, by the way?

Sorry I wasn't clear, the Ryca is my wife's bike and won't get anything special suspension wise. My bike is a '06 Honda 599. I have a Penske 8983 rear shock, want to put CBR valves/springs in the front (and maybe a steering damper if I can find a good deal).

IP Logged
13clicks
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1536 - 01/09/13 at 12:26:45

New guy... I have a savage chop. Looking for info and other savage related.

image_032.jpg
  IP Logged
HoustonBussa
YaBB Newbies

If it ain't fun I
ain't doing it
-SYCKK Life

SW Houston
Reply #1537 - 01/11/13 at 02:00:13

FNG ALERT!!! FNG TROLLING THE SITE. APPROACH WITH EXTREME CAUSE AS LAST SPOTTED ABOUT TO OPEN HIS MOUTH TO REMOVE ALL DOUBT ABOUT HIS FNG STATUS!!

You've been warned.. haha.  Name is Marcus.. AKA HoustonBussa. Which I bet you can't guess where I live or what I ride. haha.

I found the site as I researched yet another kid wanting to do a RYCA build.  Unlike most though, I'm going for the bobber vs the cafe'.  Always wanted to build something so I figured that this would be challenging enough to make me want more, but not be too deep to keep me from succeeding.  Just to get my feet wet.

Trust story. My garage was converted to a music studio. So the only place to park my bike is in the living room.  And the wife is cool with that (in part because her bike is parked right next to mine)... Normally when I want to do seriously do something, I just go do it and let her find out after the fact. (Easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission) When I know it wont even fly, but I want to see her entertaining reaction, then I ask her. So one day I sent her a picture of a Savage and asked if I could turn it in to the RYCA RR-1 bobber.  I almost fell out of my chair when she said SURE! That will be a fun project for US. (note the us)...  Back to my parking situation.  She KNOWS this means the living room (which is tiled) will look like Suzuki came and just puked all over my floor (as I have a Hayabusa and she has a Marauder).  And I told her with our time and skill set, this may take a year.  She was cool with that.  I'm really thinking 3 months, but best to under promise and over deliver.  That all said and done, what husband in his right mind wouldn't jump on it.  

I've been going crazy trying to find the perfect project bike. But people are proud of 'their first bike' and the price tags show it. (86 going for $2k in rode hard put away wet condition with a retail value of $800).  A lot of them out there with out titles, but with Texas laws, I don't want to pay to get it titled. (1.5x the bikes book value) And if priced right, by the time I have it shipped I might as well have went with an overly priced one closer.  Either way, I may have found one and get to see it Saturday. Fingers crossed that I will own a new (to me) 2001. (Parts for sale list to come soon.. haha)

WWW   IP Logged
n64trav3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1538 - 01/11/13 at 14:52:05

Hey everyone, my name is Travis and im 21 years old. i purchased my 1986 Savage around may of 2012 to replace my first ever bike, a 2006 Ninja 250, but sadly that was stolen  :'( but what better way of using the insurance money than to get a whole bike again  Smiley ive been lingering on here for months and finally got the courage not to long ago to make an account. and i just want to say thanks to everyone that has helped me with various issues that i had with my bike.

IP Logged
Manhick
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rogersville TN
Reply #1539 - 01/15/13 at 11:22:59

Hello everyone, Im' manhick. I'm a long term lurker and finally decided to join. I've always been a huge fan of small bikes especially singles. My dad and I have worked on bikes when I was growing up  but I still have a lot to learn. I am finally going to take the plunge and pick up my own savage this month. Not sure what my plans on mods are yet but I'll probably ride it stock for awhile until i do. Thanks for all the great information on here!

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #1540 - 01/15/13 at 12:18:07

Welcome, what a good idea to ride it stock for a while, you may even find that mods, bobs, chops and so on aren't all that necessary.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Jimmy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1541 - 01/16/13 at 13:49:09

I'm Jimmy.  Been lurking around on here for a couple of months.  But anyway, I picked up my first bike, a 99 Savage for $600 not running.  Got it going, and only had to ask 1 dumb question on here (so far), haha.  Doing a little bit of customization before Spring comes.  I don't wanna say I'm doing a bobber, but here it is in mock up of the fender and seat, not actually bolted down.  Need to shave the frame some more to get that seat lower

mock_up.jpg
  IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #1542 - 01/24/13 at 14:58:27

--------

« Last Edit: 02/27/13 at 06:28:25 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
Didndee742
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1543 - 01/30/13 at 05:52:14

Hi everyone !

Just arrived among Savage owners and lovers, I'm glad it's been accepted so fast !

I'm Aleks, i'm almost 45, I live in France, and I own a 95' Savage.

I did a bit of custom work on it, and looking forward to improve it, thanks to your advise and knowledge. I'd love to give a special style to my bike, that I would call "café dragster". Hopefully, with spring coming, I will be able to change a few more parts...

But I will also have to improve my english, sometimes I don't immediately catch the meaning of words in technical explanation !!

Thanks to all for sharing your passion

IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #1544 - 01/30/13 at 06:09:53

-----------

« Last Edit: 02/27/13 at 06:28:43 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 05:31:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.