Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1500 - 09/18/12 at 08:43:10

Did you have to get longer cables?

IP Logged
srbates
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1501 - 09/18/12 at 19:34:59

Hey, yall! My name is Sandy and I just bought a2004 Savage LS650 last week. I took a rider safety course over the weekend and am now ready to ride. I have looked over this site and found a lot of useful information, Thanks for creating this site. Safe riding  Smiley

IP Logged
Jeff Jopling

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1502 - 09/23/12 at 06:25:06

Hey everybody I have been on this site for a while looking at all the helpful posts tips and tricks. I live in Louisiana just got an 07 s40 with 2500 miles on it. Black pretty clean. I have alot I hope to do to it so I see this site as an invaulable resource.

Thanks

IP Logged
buddynagel
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gainesville, FL
Reply #1503 - 09/23/12 at 23:47:45

Well hello from Gainesville, FL. I picked up my '97 ls650 about two weeks ago. My first bike! Bought it on a whim; saw it while browsing craigslist for things I shouldn't spend my money on. The next day it was mine! The night I found the bike I also found this site and before I even drove out to look at it I already knew it inside and out, thanks to this site of course. Got it home and after a quick ride around the block (no registration, tag, or proper motorcycle license yet) just to get it out of my system, I immediately began dismantling. Just felt like I had to get a proper introduction with it, to ~know~ it better. I'm ALL about reverse engineering. Also I'm an automotive tech at a Toyota specialty shop so I have the general tools/ know how to be able to tear into things like this so hastily. I already have LOTS of plans for this bike and this site has more info than anyone could ask for! Cheesy

IP Logged
D1708
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1504 - 09/24/12 at 13:10:00

HELLO FROM LONDON!

Im D, nice to meet you all. VERY glad I have found this forum. I have got a Suzuki Savage LS650 G reg which is year 1990. It was given to my brother about 5 years again and has been outside rusting away. I have built up the courage to restore the bike and make it into some sort of bobber.

I am in need of help and parts but will start a thread in correct section.

See you around!

D

IP Logged
1bozo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1505 - 09/24/12 at 20:26:51

Hi...I just purchase a 2007 Bobber. it is my first Bike and I love it!!!  The previous owner told me about this site and said ya'll were some great folks and an awesome resource. I am grateful to be a part of this community. I do plan one or two more mods to my bike. thanks for being here!!

1Bozo

mybike3.jpg
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #1506 - 09/25/12 at 14:05:04

Welcome!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
LJac05
YaBB Newbies

Canada

Toronto, Canada
Reply #1507 - 09/27/12 at 10:41:27

Hi Everyone,

Just bought by 2008 S40 / Savage this summer and have used this forum extensivly.  Thanks to all the contributers and I look forward to contributing myself.

2008 Suzuki Boulevard S40
Toronto, Canada
  IP Logged
svenofthejungle
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1508 - 09/28/12 at 19:50:46

Hi! I'm Sven, and I live in Tampa. I'm a master's student (anthropology and public health). My bike is a 2002 Savage, 24,500 miles, the last 5,000 miles of which were mine. Her name: 'Noble Savage'. All stock except the rear tire.

On bad days, I call her the 'Millennium Falcon'. You'll see why in the photos. She doesn't look like much, but she'll handle Florida Interstates all right. Being up there in miles (and kept outdoors much of her life), her hyperdrive will sometimes malfunction. I am mechanically inclined, but not experienced.

Riding a motorcycle is quickly changing that. In fact, of all the three major problems that afflict Savages --- oil gasket leak, cam chain tensioner, petcock diaphragm --- I got at least two (gasket and tensioner). I haven't popped open the bike's guts to see how far the tensioner's extended, and how much wear the chain's endured, since I'm waiting on exhaust head and clutch cover gaskets.

I've been combing these forums since last winter, and now that I'm starting to run into situations where I'm doing more than replacing clutch cables and other 'little' parts, I'm ready to learn how to really wrench.

2012-07-05_20_20_30.jpg
  IP Logged
jglassett
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1509 - 10/02/12 at 09:42:18

Hi. I'm Jon.

I'm new to motorcycles (don't you judge me). The Savage--a red '97 with nearly 17k miles on it--is my first. We're on reasonably good terms, but it needs some TLC and there's much more I'd like to do beyond just getting it mechanically fit. The more time I spend here, the more I see the potential of this machine and get excited at the prospect of really making it my own.

Thank you to everyone who's posted here. This forum has been incredibly helpful and I expect that will hold true as I get more brazen with mods and all that other good stuff. The technical advice, in particular, has been amazing. You don't need me to tell you what a great community and resource this is, but I guess I just did anyway.

What else? I live in the US. More specifically New Hampshire, where everyone else rides a Harley. I've taken and passed a rider safety course. I'm an Aries. I like long walks in my sleep...

IP Logged
Nigel-in-SoCal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1510 - 10/03/12 at 20:20:46

Hello. I got my first M/C license 47 years, and I've owned a number of bikes over the years. I currently own a Triumph, but it's a balls-ache getting it out of the garage. It's too nice to leave outside so it's tucked into an alcove and I have to move both my wife's car and a small fridge to get at it.
I decided to buy something that I can park outside and jump on when when I want to buzz around town, and that I can ride to work whenever the fancy takes me.
I had always liked the look of the Savage/S40, so I went a shopping. I now have a 2007 model with 37K miles on the clock. I know it's high miles but it still sounds pretty tight. I know, I know - check the cam chain tensioner. Still, I love this bike! It's a joy to ride being light, low and very nimble, and it fires up first prod on the starter. Can't ask for anymore.
Anyway, everybody likes pictures, so here goes, although it's just a bone stock bike.

San_Diego-20121003-00014.jpg
  IP Logged
Nigel-in-SoCal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1511 - 10/03/12 at 20:21:59

My other bike:

triumph.jpg
  IP Logged
Nigel-in-SoCal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1512 - 10/03/12 at 20:25:36

And one more: My daughter and me on California Highway 94 - The Smuggler's Run

mad-n-me2.jpg
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #1513 - 10/08/12 at 11:29:19

Hello from oldNslow. I think the screen name describes me pretty well. I'm returning to motorcycles after almost thirty years of getting around in nothing but four wheelers. I did quite a bit of riding in my younger days, starting with a Honda Super 90 - anyone here remember them - when I was in high school, and working my way up to a CB 350 a few years later. I even had a short fling with motocross in my early twenties.

When I started looking for a bike the Savage appealed to me immediately. I liked it's old school looks and simplicity. And the size and weight felt perfect to a 5'6" geezer like me. I'm now the happy owner of a very nice 2006 model with just over 9000 miles on the clock. I'm the fourth owner of this particular specimen so I don't know much about it's history. As far as I can tell it's completly original except for the tires, and everything works just as it should.

Once the riding season here in Northern New New York is over for this year - only another month I suspect - I'll be taking a look at the cam chain adjuster. I'll report what I find to add to the accumulated
knowledge about this issue. Right now the motor isn't making any unusual noises.

I'm thrilled to have discovered this forum. The amount of information here is astonishing. I hope that eventually I'll have something worthwhile to contribute.

IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1514 - 10/13/12 at 23:24:11

I am John Stokes I live in a place called Dairy Flat about 20 miles north of Auckland New Zealand. I am not quite 63 years old, I started riding a 350cc Jawa Model 634 in 1976 and enjoyed it. I had a nasty prang in 1979, a car rotated into me. I was a month in hospital and another month recovering. A year later I was wiped off again when a cars rear brakes locked and the back of the car slid sideways and caught me. No motorcycles for 27 years. Brought a Chinese Suzuki GN 250 in 2007 and enjoyed it. Saw an S40 in the dealership and began to think, saw the right coloured S40 a few months later and had to have it. Got it and have had two years of pleasure since.

P1010137_800x600_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 07:19:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.