Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41255 times)
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #150 - 05/15/08 at 19:04:07

Howdy Meck.  I'm live in Bigfork, MT which is near Kalispell.  Perhaps I know your wife or her family?  Oddly enough, I was born in Rhode Island on a Navy base.  Anyway, welcome to the site.  Hope you're enjoying your bike as much as I am mine.

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
meck

Woonsocket, RI
Reply #151 - 05/16/08 at 04:46:43

verslagen1 wrote on 05/15/08 at 09:16:47:
Welcome Newby!  what a story!  I hope your BIL's gained some respect for you, sounds like you answered their challenge admirably.  Did you ask who's head made the dent?   Grin

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't ask about the dent... but I'm pretty sure it wasn't another son-in-law. I probably wouldn't want to know anyway!  Smiley

1988 LS650
  IP Logged
meck

Woonsocket, RI
Reply #152 - 05/16/08 at 04:48:16

Sandy Koocanusa wrote on 05/15/08 at 19:04:07:
Howdy Meck.  I'm live in Bigfork, MT which is near Kalispell.  Perhaps I know your wife or her family?  Oddly enough, I was born in Rhode Island on a Navy base.  Anyway, welcome to the site.  Hope you're enjoying your bike as much as I am mine.

One of my brothers-in-law lives in Bigfork. The rest of the family lives in Kalispell and Whitefish. The family name is Anderson. Actually, my wife is out there right now for a visit.

1988 LS650
  IP Logged
Sandy Koocanusa
Serious Thumper

Don't blame me.
 I didn't vote
for him.

Bigfork, MT
Reply #153 - 05/16/08 at 05:47:06

Chances are I know some of them.  Would it be Bart and the boys?  He's a builder out here.  I'm trying to think of his kids' names.  They are all a little younger than me, so we weren't in school together.  Another Anderson clan owns a masonry business here.  I'm sure there are others, but it is still a "small" town, despite the number of people moving in.  It would be nice to meet you if you ever get out this way.  We could take a ride up to the park ON PAVEMENT.  I'm too old for that off-road stuff.

Jason

Savage: (adj)1. Wild 2. Uncivilized : Primitive 3. Ferocious 4. Cruel or merciless : Brutal --- Webster's. (n.) 1. A motorcycle named for its seat.--- Sandy's unabridged
jlmorton@centurytel.net jlmorton@centurytel.net   IP Logged
meck

Woonsocket, RI
Reply #154 - 05/16/08 at 06:01:04

No, it's another Anderson clan. My father-in-law works over at Flathead Electric. I don't know when I'll be out next, but I'll be sure to let you know!

1988 LS650
  IP Logged
toro
YaBB Newbies

Hell yeah

Whidbey Island
Reply #155 - 05/16/08 at 23:25:43

Hello, it's been a while sine I rode (when I was 16 I broke my collar bone in an accident). I am a new savage owner and I love my bike. I just got a couple of slip-ons off of ebay and am looking forward to getting her running better than factory.

« Last Edit: 05/19/08 at 15:14:05 by toro »  
  IP Logged
SuziQ

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oshawa, Ontario Canada
Reply #156 - 05/18/08 at 10:57:30

It's Me
Today at 09:39:12   Hope I'm in the correct category on this site.  It was a few minutes ago that I registered with the intention of seeing what I am getting into.  I have just ordered a 2008 black S40.  I live in Oshawa Ontario Canada which is situated 30 miles east of Toronto and about the same distance from Mosport International Racetrack where I spend many hours.  I'm a retired GM Reliability Engineering Employee and at present own an 83 Honda CM 250 Custom (Rebel) parallel twin belt drive and a 2001 Honda VFR 90 degree V4.  I decided on the S40 wanting something lightweight, belt drive, simple engineering, easy to clean and something that has been around in the marketplace for awhile to cruise mostly the back roads of our Ontario countryside. It may take a few days for my dealer to prep the S40.  I tried to purchase it in the box but the sales-lady said "no way".  

IP Logged
UglyandBuffalo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #157 - 05/18/08 at 13:48:53

Hi people, we are Ugly ( thats me ) and Buffalo ( my girlfriend ), we are from the north of England and Buff has owned a Savage ( bright orange complete with tassels and teddy bear) for 18 mths , its not been without its problems and still is but still much loved and looked after Wink

IP Logged
SuziQ

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oshawa, Ontario Canada
Reply #158 - 05/18/08 at 15:00:01

Hi Ugly, nice hearing from a 'bloke' from England.  I am a member of the Honda VFR English Forum - Website and converse back and forth with the guys 'overthere'.  They really love their motorcycles and over the years have been a great help in the technical department.  Where'yu to anyway?  

IP Logged
UglyandBuffalo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #159 - 05/19/08 at 14:46:51

Thanks for the welcome, we are from Hull, a city on the North East Coast of England, i have had bikes since i was a teenager, i have a VT750 ACE at the moment and prior to that a Suzuki GSXr, Buff use to ride a long time ago and got the Savage when she was fed up of being on the back of me,we go camping a lot and to a few bike rallys when we can or when the sun is shining Grin

IP Logged
gungho
YaBB Newbies

Reply #160 - 05/20/08 at 21:27:33

I am James, and will be buying my first bike tomorrow or the next day, as long as the mechanic checking it out gives me good news.  It is a 2002 Savage 650 with just over 10k miles.

I am reading through here and some of my concerns are being addressed by old posts.  

Concerns were backfiring, a bit of a leak on the top end, and just general happiness of the rider with this bike.

The price I'm getting seems fair, I'm paying 1600 for it.  The seller is paying for half of the mechanical inspection, too.  I originally wanted a 750 or bigger twin-cylinder to ride two-up later on once I'm comfortable.  I found this and for as often as I will be riding two-up, I don't think it'll be an issue, we won't be on the highway cruising long distances, it'll be 50mph top speed for less than 30 miles.

I am pretty excited and glad that there is a community of people that love their bikes so much.  I also own a Jeep and know what a great resource websites with enthusiasts like you all can be.

James

edit:   I didn't want any of my post to be taken as I'm "just learning" on this bike and planning on moving up to a bigger bike.  I'm not a speed demon or a young kid who wants to look cool.

IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #161 - 05/21/08 at 05:03:13

Hi All! Im new into the whole savage thumper bikes scene but took the dive yesterday on a beautiful blue S40.. Grin..came across this site a couple days ago when the dealership had a really nicely decked out 02 LS650 for 2850 and like a dummy i went an wanted to research the bike out more... lol I liked what i read up on at this site and went back..the bike was gone. Matter of fact when i settled on the S40 and went through the deal...3 people came in after they took the bike out ( cause i had to wait 1 hr!!! for the sales rep to finish with someone else AFTER i had bought that bike! )asking where it was cause they were coming back to buy it...  Shocked I guess i didnt realize just how many are clamoring for bikes these days!  Thanks for the forum here guys its nice to see others willing to help out!

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #162 - 05/21/08 at 11:48:22

Welcome, and enjoy one heck of a good bike.  Don't forget to read up on the carb mods to get it running the best.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #163 - 05/21/08 at 18:50:06

Hey Thank you Sir! I just got back from a little 20 mile jaunt... Can i just say... Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! Wadda beaut of a ride... sure there is as others would say is alot nicer / comfy rides ... but for what i have in a 22 mile on the odom JOY to ride with a 6'2 276 lb rider... all i can say is .. Im lovin it... Now...Whose up fer riding in Southern Ohio ??? Cool An yes from what ive understood here I need to do that... Tongue ...just dunno how...

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
calalli
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #164 - 05/24/08 at 13:10:29

Hi, I am a 45 yr old complete newbie.  I bought an 01 Savage with 2k miles this morning.  Now, after dropping it three times in twenty minutes, breaking off the right mirror and rear turn signal and I think breaking my collar bone, I am ready to learn how to ride.  My wife witnessed everything she was afraid of and I haven't left my cul de sac  Undecided.  

I love the bike, it was really clean, and it will be again.  I'll learn to ride and all will be good.  Hopefully a year from now I'll look back at this post and laugh.  

here we go!
cal

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 03:41:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.