Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
MarcosS40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

N. Central PA.
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1485 - 07/14/12 at 13:19:50

Hail and well meet! My name is Mark and I bring you tidings from South Williamsport, PA. The home of Little League Baseball!  I'm 56 and single at the moment. This is my first bike since 1973. My first was a '67 Suzuki X-6 Scrambler.  High chrome pipes and 305 lbs wet. Had a 13t front and 55t rear sprocket, huge mudder knobbies and could climb about anything you put in front of it. Sure had fun with it. Then owned a couple of Yamaha Enduros till about 76 when I had to let them go. Didn't really get to ride again until 1994 when I shared a place with my brother Gary, who owned a 1400 Intruder and worked out of town all week. As long as there was gas in it when He got home, I could ride it through the week anytime. Sweet deal. Found a new woman and that happy period ended. A divorce, grinding it out 50 hrs. a week at work, another relationship and breakup, and here I am.  

I bought an '06 S40 with 21,312 miles on it about a month ago. The week after my SO moved out. (Fair trade I say!)  The picture doesn't do it justice really. It is as clean as the day it came off the showroom floor. No cam chain noises that I can hear. Maybe will need a valve adj. soon, but otherwise in tip top condition. Already had a K&N in it, and the Idle mixture adjuster was out to 2.5 turns, so someone was tinkering.   Wink  I've tinkered further by drilling the stock muffler with 4 3/8ths holes in close to the center outlet. Gives a very nice deeper sound now.
 This a fantastic site and resource for S40 owners, and I am sure glad I found you. I hope I can contribute. I have an Aircraft Mechanics training background, and worked as an auto mechanic, sheet metal fabricator, and assembler. I've also done some welding, mostly tig, and gas.  I surprise myself sometimes with a fairly good idea. Perhaps I will be able to help someone.

MarcosS40.jpg
  IP Logged
Firetox
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chantilly VA
Reply #1486 - 07/15/12 at 07:17:04

Hello from a new savage owner.  i picked up my 2001 Savage 650 yesterday and i love it.  it came with the sportster seat, engine guard, bug shield, drilled exhaust, and even a drag bar if i want to put it on.

not sure i like the seat i may swap back but he gave me the org too.

I came from a drastically different 1991 Bandit 400 and I’m really glad i did.

IP Logged
simm22
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1487 - 07/15/12 at 17:43:41

Hello, I am Chris from Seattle WA and I just bought a savage 650 about 2 weeks ago and it has seemed to consume my life for the past 2 weeks. I am really into the bobber style bikes so I bought one that already has a good start to that. I got a great deal on it and it needs a little work but seems to run well. I am sure I will have alot of questions about it as i continue to make it my own. Stoked to have it and stoked to be a part of this site. I have already learned a ton and just been a part of it for 2 days haha. Other than that I am married have two beautiful kids and am a firefighter. Life is good and even better now that i got my savage!!! Will get pictures up soon.

IP Logged
96BOB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NORTH CAROLINA
Reply #1488 - 07/20/12 at 19:58:50

hello everyone, i have been a memeber of the site for a week or two now and have asked a question or two but havent introduced myself.my name is travis and im from north carolina. i have been working on a 96 savage for a while now as a bobber project and i must say I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!! i still have a ways to go to complete it as with ape hangers,forward controls and white walls and then maybe it will be close to complete Undecided anyway just thought i would introduce myself properely instead of just jumping in and asking for things.

IMAG0055.jpg
  IP Logged
cigarandcoffeeman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1489 - 08/02/12 at 08:56:46

Hey Dudes and Du de'ss, Im mike from the Uk sweet age of 20.....

Mad about the savages, had 8 bikes since i started riding and apart from my 1959 francis barnett the savage is my fave Wink simple and cool.

I had a 650 one rather modd'd but came into money trouble so had to let it go Sad
but recently purchased a 400 version, which is currently being recomissioned by my self, i have a few questions to ask about it but they'll be in the rubber side down, to keep you guys happy Cheesy

IP Logged
Bock
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1490 - 08/07/12 at 14:32:22

Hello All! Just bought my first bike this past weekend.  Purchased a 2006 S40! Had just over 3000 miles.  I hope I got a good deal.  Paid $2,250 for it.  It even came with a windshield.  I hope to get to know you guys.  Looks like a nice group of people.  Happy riding!

IP Logged
FerventPiranha
YaBB Newbies

I love my S40!

Reisterstown, Maryland
Reply #1491 - 08/22/12 at 11:32:13

Just wanted to say hi, as a new forum member. Over the weekend I purchased an '06 S40, with 1600 miles on it, and much of the confidence for the purchase came from these forums. My other bike is an '06 Ninja 250, and am a member of their Riders Club, and I was thrilled to see a similar resource for the Savage.

I'm sure I'll mainly be a lurker, but I want to give a big thanks to the numerous articles in the Technical section I already read over the last couple weeks. I've already ordered a jet kit, the "correct" oil and a ZDDP booster, and other such things. I'm sure I'll end up spending lots more money on the bike due to this site, but at the same time enjoy it more! Thanks.

IP Logged
DaTrader
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1492 - 08/31/12 at 05:29:13

Just wanted to say Hi and Thanks to all the contributors here! I started browsing around the site a few months ago and decided that a Thumper was for me!
I put money down on a 2007 last week and will pick it up in a few months when I return to civilization (Long story).
Thanks again guys!

vp2817195_1_large_001.jpg
  IP Logged
4putt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1493 - 08/31/12 at 20:06:15

Hello fellow Savage lovers. I am Peter from the Houston,TX area and have a 2001 model. Have followed this site for some time now and gotten plenty of good information. Must admit I had trouble falling in love with my Savage at first. I had issues with the high engine RPMs at highway speeds and the seat was always a problem. I have little or no natural cushion down there and my Savage was a hard ride no matter what. And screaming too much for my comfort.

All that has changed though. Over the years I've played with the mods. Did the Supertrapp after market exhaust, rejetted, geared up with the chain mod, and now have a very comfortable seat with a rider's backrest. The backrest is the cat's meow as they say.  Now when I goose the throttle I don't have to hold on for dear life.

Only have 2700 miles on her as it sat for some time. Figured I would get it running and sell. Well that plan has done a 180. She runs great now and the seat with backrest has made it so much fun again. The seat itself is from my Honda VTX 1300. It used to be like an ironing board in terms of comfort. I took it off my Honda quickly and went with the Ultimate out of Canada. Great seat. The ironing board hung on my garage wall since '03 collecting dust. In a last ditch effort I modded it to fit the Suzy and had some re contour work done to the padding. Adding the backrest made it the best.

Now it's fun again.  Not sure I've figured out how to post my picture of my bike.
« Last Edit: 09/03/12 at 06:30:41 by 4putt »  

DSCN2989.JPG
  IP Logged
DaTrader
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1494 - 09/01/12 at 03:55:06

4putt wrote on 08/31/12 at 20:06:15:
Hello fellow Savage lovers. I am Peter from the Houston,TX area and have a 2001 model. Have followed this site for some time now and gotten plenty of good information. Must admit I had trouble falling in love with my Savage at first. I had issues with the high engine RPMs at highway speeds and the seat was always a problem. I have little or no natural cushion down there and my Savage was a hard ride no matter what. And screaming too much for my comfort.

All that has changed though. Over the years I've played with the mods. Did the Supertrapp after market exhaust, rejetted, geared up with the chain mod, and now have a very comfortable seat with a rider's backrest. The backrest is the cat's meow as they say.  Now when I goose the throttle I don't have to hold on for dear life.

Only have 2700 miles on her as it sat for some time. Figured I would get it running and sell. Well that plan has done a 180. She runs great now and the seat with backrest has made it so much fun again. The seat itself is from my Honda VTX 1300. It used to be like an ironing board in terms of comfort. I took it off my Honda quickly and went with the Ultimate out of Canada. Great seat. The ironing board hung on my garage wall since '03 collecting dust. In a last ditch effort I modded it to fit the Suzy and had some re contour work done to the padding. Adding the backrest made it the best.

Now it's fun again.  Not sure I've figured out how to post my picture of my bike.

Nice Bike, Congrats!

IP Logged
4putt
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1495 - 09/01/12 at 09:51:43

"Nice Bike, Congrats!"

Thanks DaTrader.  I'm looking at your bike picture. Also a nice bike. Tell me about your saddle bags.

IP Logged
DaTrader
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1496 - 09/01/12 at 20:43:26

4putt wrote on 09/01/12 at 09:51:43:
"Nice Bike, Congrats!"

Thanks DaTrader.  I'm looking at your bike picture. Also a nice bike. Tell me about your saddle bags.

I wish I could tell you about them but unfortunately I haven't seen them yet! I bought the bike on the net from a dealer with a great rep, it comes with a warranty after I accept delivery, which in my case is late March of next year. I'll tell you about them when I see them!...

IP Logged
xxxombee
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1497 - 09/11/12 at 21:31:10

My name is John, and i live in Georgia. I've been looking at these bikes for a while but still have a few things i need to find out first before buying. I really like the way they look and if everything works out I'll be a proud owner soon.

IP Logged
misterbbq

Acworth, GA
Reply #1498 - 09/16/12 at 11:45:29

from acworth, ga.  just bought a 2005 white ls650.  don't even have my license yet!  getting that on wednesday.  along with my tag / title and all that transferred over.

can't wait to start riding!

IP Logged
Yakuza Bob
Ex Member

Reply #1499 - 09/18/12 at 08:35:47

Hi there.

This is just me and my newly bobbed Y2k Savage - "Yakuza Bob".

Nice to meet y'all
Bike Mike

6_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 09:34:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.