Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
TheShaggyDA
YaBB Newbies

England
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1470 - 06/01/12 at 14:03:45

Made a couple of posts so far, but was waiting to pick up my Savage before posting here. The name's Doug and I'm in England, and this little beauty is my new '94 Savage I got today :-

Just had the frame and swing arm powder coated, new tyres, and the previous OCD owner has changed the front, rear and steering bearings along with every fastener being swapped for a stainless one. New tyres front and back, only 8000 miles old. I love it.

Short, grunty and simple - just like me Smiley

IP Logged
Tim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

San Jose, California
Reply #1471 - 06/07/12 at 15:21:06

How's it going?

New to the forum so I thought I'd start off by saying hi to everyone. Love my savage for it's nimbleness, light weight and, maneuverability; perfect for a new rider like myself.  
(My little neighbor, myself and my babygirl)  Smiley

IP Logged
Scott.aust

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brisbane Queensland Australia
Reply #1472 - 06/14/12 at 04:08:42

Hello all, just saying hello before i start asking lots of stupid questions! I'm Scott from Brisbane in Queensland Australia and i picked up my Savage a few days ago. I have had a few bikes in my younger years - dirt bikes as a kid, a yamaha XT 250 as my first on the road, then over 10 or so years- a XS 250, CB900f2b, Z1000mk2, Katana 650 and a XS1100. Now im a bit older i wanted something light and easy to handle and something i could tinker with myself so after looking for a while when a Savage came up for sale i thought thats for me. I bought it from a man here that runs/ owns a bike museum, he inports many bikes from all over the world that aren't very common here and any that he doesn't keep he sells off. What i have is a 5th month 1986 model which came from Chattanooga TN. It has 17000 miles on it but has been very well looked after and kept original just not quite good enough for the museum. The only mod i can see on it is the brass plug removed from the carby so maybe the jets/ internals have been done too, no backfiring and starts first go! Thats the story so far ! Thanks Scott.

016.JPG
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #1473 - 06/15/12 at 18:07:54

Hi everyone, proud new owner of an '07 S40 with 2k on the odometer. Traded my SeaDoo for it today, it's been just over a decade since I've had fun on two wheels and always wanted a Thumper!  I'm quite happy to see such a well established online community here for the LS650/S40 and look forward to Shooting the Sh*t and swapping ideas with everyone   Wink

DOH!!  Bummer no image attachment allowd for my first post   Shocked

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
T-Dawg
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Yokosuka, Japan
Reply #1474 - 06/15/12 at 19:51:57

Hello everybody. My name is Ryan. I just bought a 1997 Suzuki Savage LS400. I'm in the Navy stationed in Japan and this is my first bike. 400cc is the largest engine I can get being a new rider here in Japan.

I'll try to get some pics up, but it ain't the prettiest.... but I got it pretty cheap. Got a fair bit of rust and corrosion. Last guy parked it outside so the front spokes are rusted, the chrome is pitted and rusted in some spots. The right front brake lever and foot peg are bent to hell. And the passenger front footpeg is broke off completely. Looking to buy either of those if anybody has any.

I've been creeping around reading stuff on here for about a week or so. I like the seat lift mod.. that's going to happen. I'm 5'11", 220... so this bike is a little small for me. Also saw that a guy makes forward controls.. will be looking to get some of those soon. Gotta get new tires first though.

Anyways.. just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Thanks for all the good info so far.. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way... oh yea... thanks for the manuals... haha. I love doing my own wrench work.

1997 Suzuki Savage LS400 - Seat Lift Mod, Lotsa Rust and Rattling parts...

2004 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 - Lots of mods
2000 BMW 318ti - Stock
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1475 - 06/15/12 at 20:32:04

Welcome to the club.
remember, you have a 400, every thing else may be the same as the 650, we can't be sure, so check it out before buying.  easy way to check are the part numbers, all of ours has 24B in the part number if it's specific to the savage.

WWW   IP Logged
Jaydogg25
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1476 - 06/19/12 at 14:04:50

Hello all,

i'm Jason i live in Ohio. i own a 2005 s40 about 5500 miles on it, havent rode in a while and got a great deal on this bike. even being a big guy i love this bike.

just started to do some upgrades. right now stock but i have jet set comming as well as a Dyna Exhaust. i'm sure i will have lots of questions. love this site lots of great information about the bike look forward to learning alot and of course moding the bike Smiley

IP Logged
Rohko
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1477 - 06/19/12 at 17:50:35

Hello, I'm James and I live in Arkansas. I've been watching this site for years but I didn't have anything to contribute so I didn't bother to make an account.  Whelp, I finally have started to make some interesting modifications, instead of just lopping things off. Money willing I hope to have a pod air filter installed and my muffler fully secured by the end of the summer.

I've been riding since I was in high school and started on a GSF600S Suzuki Bandit.  550LBS and did a lot of stupid things. Then I got this bike because of the aesthetic appeal, and fell in love with it because of the power to weight ratio.

My account approval was actually really timely, I just got and installed the muffler in the picture. It's a used Harley something or other. After a short test drive I noticed a DEEP tone, alright volume, more power, and oddly enough, plenty of torque.  Just a side note.

Any who, I keep lurking around and post updates if I get any interesting results on my build.

0619121859.jpg
  IP Logged
stevidx
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1478 - 07/05/12 at 10:48:14

Greetings from the edge of the continent (left side),

New member Steve here from California. I recently bought an '09 s40... was just looking for something to commute on and found a low mile 1,7xx bike for fairly cheap $2500... had never heard of the savage... just liked the way it looked and figured with the low miles it would be reliable... OMG what a blast this thing is to ride! I've put almost 4000 miles on it in the last 3 1/2 months or so... I thought I bought it to save on gas, but shortly realized it was my mid-life crisis. My poor truck has only been started about 3 times since got the bike and it now lives on the street cause the bike got its spot in the garage. I'll probably just lurk around here for a while, but I'm stoked to have found this place.
Steve

photo-6_copy.jpg
  IP Logged
Steampowered Boy
YaBB Newbies

Deny me and be
Doomed!!

Glendale, CA
Reply #1479 - 07/07/12 at 20:33:09

Hey cats and kittens, thought I'd say hi since i'm a new owner of a 2012 S40 after not owning a bike for 10 years or so.

Nice to meet all of you, feel free to say hello, and let me know if you are in the Los Angeles area too.

How other people treat you is their dharma; how you react is yours.
zombiematic digtldecay   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1480 - 07/08/12 at 03:46:55

T-Dawg wrote on 06/15/12 at 19:51:57:
Hello everybody. My name is Ryan. I just bought a 1997 Suzuki Savage LS400. I'm in the Navy stationed in Japan and this is my first bike. 400cc is the largest engine I can get being a new rider here in Japan.

I'll try to get some pics up, but it ain't the prettiest.... but I got it pretty cheap. Got a fair bit of rust and corrosion. Last guy parked it outside so the front spokes are rusted, the chrome is pitted and rusted in some spots. The right front brake lever and foot peg are bent to hell. And the passenger front footpeg is broke off completely. Looking to buy either of those if anybody has any.

I've been creeping around reading stuff on here for about a week or so. I like the seat lift mod.. that's going to happen. I'm 5'11", 220... so this bike is a little small for me. Also saw that a guy makes forward controls.. will be looking to get some of those soon. Gotta get new tires first though.

Anyways.. just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. Thanks for all the good info so far.. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way... oh yea... thanks for the manuals... haha. I love doing my own wrench work.

Hey Ryan,

As one Vet to another ... thank you for your service.
Drop me an email ( savage.s40@gmail.com ) and let me know what kind of parts you need.  I believe I can help with that.

IP Logged
mojohand40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1481 - 07/09/12 at 06:36:16

Hi;
New member. Just introducing myself. I've been riding for about 12 years.
Just recently got a 1998 Savage on the cheap that needs a little work. I also have a 03 Honda Shadow Spirit that is my main ride.
My first bike was a Suzuki GZ250. I really loved that little one lunger and always wanted a savage since I got rid of it. Don't know why I waited so long.
The previous owner had a recent service done, oils change, spark plug, carb work..but the original owner really ragged it a bit. Definitely stored outside for years.
The only things I've done so far:  a new front tire (desperately need it!) and I put on new front brake shoes, thanks to some help from this forum!
I got fork seals on order, as that's the next main thing it needs to be truly road worthy.  The engine seems fine so far.
Oh..and I got a new bar and grips waiting to be put on. (I'll do that this week, get rid of those buckhorns!)
Anyway...this is a great source of info for guys like me looking to learn how to do a little wrenching.
I'll post a pic or two soon.

IP Logged
sparkie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1482 - 07/10/12 at 04:04:23

Hi
i`m Sparkie from the uk
I have a 1987 savage that was imported from the us
It was in a sorry state when i got her,she had been on a farm for 3 years so everything had gone,so i have replaced everything and she looks stunning now.I will try and upload a picture of her when i got her so you can see.
Not very good weather for riding in the uk at the moment but hopefully that will change soon.
If wanted to start a number of pictures of the build where is the best place to put them?
Thanks happy thumping

My_Suzuki.jpg
  IP Logged
86-Savage
YaBB Newbies

Ontario, Canada
Reply #1483 - 07/10/12 at 20:24:42

Hey, my name is Jose and I live in Ontario, Canada.  I purchased an 86 Black Savage in Sept of last year. My best friend and I have put almost 10,000 km's on this bike since getting it.  This is my first bike and can't ride enough.  I am teaching my best friend how to ride and she is getting better all the time.  This is an awesome site and has been very helpful. Thanks to everyone that makes this site what it is.

IP Logged
RandomHero
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1484 - 07/12/12 at 14:54:09

Hello all.  Name is Roger im from San Antonio. Dont have a Savage yet but im looking for one. Never rode before and want to start. I am however, a "disabled" rider. Look for a thread from me soon to see if anyone can give me ideas on how to solve my issues. If you want to think about it, i have a right arm disability so i cant have any right hand controls. Get your brain working for now. Ill post a more detailed thread when i get a chance. Hope to learn more from you guys. Thanks for having me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:15:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.