Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1455 - 04/28/12 at 16:35:15

Name is Chance, haven't ridden in 15 yrs I will be taking my riders course in a week and I will pick up a 2001 Savage I have on layaway the week after that. Just ahve to avoid getting run over in Houston traffic and I will be riding with a few of my buddies this summer.

Loving all the tech info on this site and the detailed break downs and walk though makes me confident of being able to wrench my own bike. Hope that I can contribute this forum in the near future.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #1456 - 04/29/12 at 08:57:12

Hi! My name is Greg. I failed to see this sticky and began my life here without the official introduction!

Anyway, I live in the thriving metropolis of Denver, Pennsylvania, uSA. We have a traffic light and a post office, so I suppose it is a big city. I just purchased a 2002 Savage. I used to ride a Kawasaki 750LTD a hundred years ago. I told my kid when she moved out I was buying another bike. She moved out a few weeks ago and here I am! I argue with computers during the day. Cats are my favorite people. Chickens and squirrels make me smile.

This site is awesome! If it weren't for you fine people, I would have purchased the incorrect motorcycle!

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
damiancds
YaBB Newbies

I've caught the bug
and can't/won't
stop!

Upstate NY
Reply #1457 - 05/09/12 at 12:34:32

Newbie here. I'm from upstate NY, (just added my self to the map thingy, which is neat as hell).

Anyway, I'm just starting out, my brother was kind enough to let me ride his Suzuki intruder and I caught the bug. He was letting me learn on it and then I dropped it doing circles in the road. No damage besides a scratch or two on the pegs and handlebars. After feeling like Sh!t, we decided I needed to learn on my own bike. Enter the Savage, I wanted something smaller and with a better fit for me. So I found one about 100 miles away and loved it, bought it, for more that it was worth unfortunately, but it's done, and now I have a bike. Now if only I could be patient enough until it's done in the shop (getting tires brakes, tuneup and some other things). After I get it back, this will be my bike to learn on with how to maintain and repair virtually everything.

My road test is in the beginning of June and can't wait.

1996 Suzuki Savage ls650 Stock, Except for:
-Larger Rear tire (140/90-15)
-saddlebags
-winshield
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1458 - 05/09/12 at 13:43:56

Lots of new members.  Yeah!!  Welcome!  Stick around and have some fun with us.  

Oh, check out the "Scavenger Hunt" sticky thread!  It gives you another reason to ride, as if we need one!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bikejunkie
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1459 - 05/09/12 at 20:34:40

Hey Everyone,

Jaymi here from Portage Wisconsin and I got my first Savage week and a half ago. Its a 99 and I picked it up on craigslist for $800. Hoping to bob it out. Not my first bike but bigger than my 1976 CB360.
« Last Edit: 05/12/12 at 06:56:15 by bikejunkie »  

0421121647.jpg
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #1460 - 05/11/12 at 07:16:23

What's up everybody?  It's good to see so many new people on here!

I've been lurking on these forums for months, learning a lot about these bikes thanks to all the great information on here.  Cool  I finally got off my butt and joined, so I might as well introduce myself.  Wink

My name is Jeff.  I float all over the Northeast. Roll Eyes I'm a Masshole, transplanted to New Jersey, and I just recently accepted a job in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably be moving to the SE PA area soon.

I've always been into bikes, cars, trucks - you name it - especially custom stuff.  I have a Cadillac with hydraulics, a lowered Caddy with all sorts of Impala SS goodies, and plan to go in the bobber direction with the Savage.

I attached a pic.  It's all stock for now, with a windscreen that's not too ugly, and some saddle bags that kind of are (ugly, that is).  Tongue

savage_002.jpg

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
mybtr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1461 - 05/11/12 at 20:19:48

Hi all, I am on the west coast of Canada, in Vancouver, BC. When I graduated from high school I got my first bike and xs400. Ran it into the ground, it was reliable and fun to ride. Fast forward 23 years, now own a 1986 Savage love the bike runs like a top, great on long trips.

IP Logged
BelizeanBanman

Just ridin' my
Savage.

Reply #1462 - 05/12/12 at 20:51:39

Hello

I've been on here a few weeks now gleaning information that has been invaluable, already. I have not yet taken the time to properly introduce myself, so here goes.

Name: Roger
Bike: 1986 Suzuki Savage, 11,414 miles
My age: 19

This is my 3rd bike, the previous being a Kawasaki KLR 250. Needless to say, I'm likin' this one a whole lot more. I'm a college student so I can't pump a lot of money into it, but I spend into it as good as I can Smiley

Here is a picture of me and my darlin' right after a 50 mile ride:

534424_4027872102182_1442959761_3529023_1883283414_n.jpg
  IP Logged
TheSavagePJ

Learn as you go...

Schenectady, NY
Reply #1463 - 05/15/12 at 09:05:44

Hi people of suzukisavage.com,

My name is Ryan, 28 years old and I live in upstate New York. I am a first time rider, and I am very proud to say that my first bike is a lightly used 2004 Savage, 6400 on the clock, runs and performs much better than I could have ever expected. I was researching bikes for almost a year. I didn't want something I was going to get bored with, or something that was huge, heavy and ran the possibility of getting away from me. One of my friends suggested the Savage, checked it out at the dealership and it fit like a glove. Light weight, ballsy, torquey and missing the lawnmower/dirtbike sound of smaller Japanese bikes.

Needless to say, I'm already in love with the bike. I never realized there was so much worldwide love and support for this bike. I've been blown away by some of the mods you guys (and girls) have done to these bikes. Since this is my first bike, and being an inexperienced rider, I plan on keeping mine mostly stock. I would like to convert all the lights to LEDs, I'd like to check out making the headlight stronger (Maybe HIDs?), adding a sissy bar and a Harley exhaust. My next stop will be skimming the forum for answers to these questions.

If anyone would like to save me from searching, your input would be greatly appreciated. Look first, ask questions later. Golden rule of all forums.

A quick picture of the Savage next to my other ride, a 2004 Chevy Cavalier LS, some minor mods done to that, but that info is for another forum.

460858_381246218593274_100001236988892_1181179_1673038360_o.jpg

2004, stock minus dyna exhaust
TheSavagePJ electrospector00   IP Logged
MichPhil
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1464 - 05/19/12 at 12:39:41

Just a hello. Lady rider here. Haven't rode in awhile but Im interested again. Looking at all my options here. Smiley

IP Logged
Brian
YaBB Newbies

South Carolina
Reply #1465 - 05/24/12 at 05:49:38

Hello, my name's Brian and I'm a broke college kid.  Bought an '02 savage a couple of weeks ago as a graduation present to myself and my first bike.  I'm slowly getting good at riding it, I only get to ride an hour or so per day because I get off work at 5 and my permit only lets me drive until 8  :'( .  Hopefully soon I'll feel comfortable driving to work on it (there's a lot of traffic).  Anyways, I've been lurking for a little bit and decided to actually hop in to the disscussion.

IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #1466 - 05/25/12 at 08:14:28

it's me with my friend and our bikes. (at the left side-my ls400 '95 with harley muffler and drive belt(chain in stock)

http://my.mail.ru/?ffsputnik=1#photo=/mail/nerudo63/130/252
« Last Edit: 06/27/12 at 00:14:53 by wambr »  

i-252.jpg

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
Jon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1467 - 05/26/12 at 13:48:52

Hey Everybody,

My name is Jon, I'm 23, I am studying industrial design at the University of Cincinnati and will be graduating this upcoming summer. I don't have a bike but am seriously wanting a savage! My biggest passion is furniture design, I am starting a business making unique flat pack furniture for a fair price.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #1468 - 05/30/12 at 08:37:31

Yo!   I'm Gary, 65, retired and live in the beautiful Sierra foothills of California at Lake Don Pedro.  I have over 360k miles (my handle) logged on 13 motorcycles.   I own or have owned 4 Yamahas, 2 Harleys, 3 Hondas, 2 Suzukis, a BMW, and a BSA.   I've ridden thru every state except Hawaii, every Canadian province, and a few trips thru Mexico.   My sanctioned riding events include the US 4 Corners, California 5 Points, Baja 1000, Saddlesore 1000 (1000 miles in 24 hours), Barstow to Vegas (5 times), and more.   I have ridden further south than the Tropic of Cancer, and further north than the Arctic Circle.  I really enjoy riding, but I am also a pilot, brewmaster, bass fisherman, and former Apple engineer...   oh yeah, it's been a heck of a party!

« Last Edit: 05/31/12 at 15:09:48 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Michael Ralph
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1469 - 05/30/12 at 17:08:57

Didnt  notice this thread at first but ill give it a try. I am from central and upstate NY. In the military, and purchased a 2001 savage about 2 months ago. I am planning on using this bike as a first "project" bike to get to easily understand how a motorcycle works

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:11:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.