Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
bess227

Back in the saddle
after 20 yrs

N. Wilkesboro, NC
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1440 - 04/18/12 at 09:30:23

Hello,

My name is Scott, I am 48 yrs old, great bride of 26 years, two daughters and a grandfather to a 5 yr old boy. Just bought a 2007 S40 with a 1100 miles. Finally to the point in life where I can ride her back and forth to work daily.  

Been 20 yrs since I have ridden, and this bike is perfect for what I am going to use it for.  Also live about 15 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I lend money to folks to buy cars at franchise dealerships during the day, and in my spare time love to bowhunt ( a real passion), spend time with my family, teach a couples bible study class on sunday morning, love music, love fishing, and swim enough laps at the Y to keep some of the weight off. I also enjoy training my blood tracking blue heeler that is used in the recovery of wounded deer for myself and others.

Love this site and all the great info and help provided here. Hope to be a contributing member and not a hitchhiker.

Safe riding to everyone.

15 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. 07 S40, Black, stock, Slipstreamer shield, Saddleman bags, Routy FC's, Sissy Bar.....love this bike.
  IP Logged
Iowegian
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greetings from Central Iowa
Reply #1441 - 04/18/12 at 16:31:39

Hi All,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking for several weeks.  I bought a brand new 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 about 4 weeks ago, in part due to the information I found on this forum.  It had 1.9 miles on the odometer when I loaded it in my truck for the 40 mile trip home (I am a new rider and was not ready to tackle that treck).  I have put 600 miles on it since then and even used advice in the forums to change to oil last night.  I now have a Clymer's manual and plan on tackling the rest of the 600 mile service this weekend.  So far the bike has been a blast to ride.  It is happy to putter along and will go faster than I need it to!  Can't seem to wipe the smile off my face.

My_S40_1024x768.jpg
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #1442 - 04/18/12 at 16:37:23

Tons of new members this spring, welcome all.  Cool

Iowegian, be sure to check out the list of Clymers errors in the tech section, go through and correct your manual.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1119775997

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Iowegian
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1443 - 04/18/12 at 20:34:58

Will do, thank you.

IP Logged
TonyP
YaBB Newbies

'97 LS650

San Ramon, CA
Reply #1444 - 04/18/12 at 22:15:03

Hello!
Just wanted to introduce myself as I have been a visitor of the site for a while and just recently became a member. My name is Tony and I bought my '97 Savage 4 years ago. It's my first bike and I've had a great time riding it and customizing it to make it my own.

Most recently, I changed out the taillight and relocated the rear turn signals. I used Sax Man's rear signal mod posting (http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1265238686) which helped immensely. I plan on doing a lot more customizing in the future, specifically a new paint job (by Mikey, stay tuned) and new handlebars (mini-ape or pullback style?)

Anyway, thanks for all of the help so far! Take care and ride safe.

-TonyP

IP Logged
Cam Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central New Jersey
Reply #1445 - 04/21/12 at 07:38:26

Hi:  A few weeks ago I bought a new, left over 2011 S40 in orange and black. I am a little older and this is my first bike.  I have been messing around with sports cars for many years before making this purchase.  I have always been impressed with the advantages of light weight, high torque and relative simplicity that large single cylinder machines offer, but I didn't want to take on something really vintage.  I have been watching this form for quite a while and found the technical information very useful in making my decision. For now I want to improve my riding skills and confidence.  Modifications may come a little later.  

IMG_2415.JPG
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1446 - 04/23/12 at 13:05:26

Hey everyone,
I'm Steve. I always loved riding. My mom had an old TS she would bring me to elementary school on. When I graduated high school in 01 her gift to me was offering to finance a bike. I was still living at home so I could swing payments, I had always wanted a bike, and a friend of hers who was going through a midlife crisis had just bought a bike and didn't want it anymore. That's how I ended up with my black '99. It was great for me at the time and suited me and my driving style very well. Didn't do too bad with the ladies either  Wink I rode everywhere, anywhere, sun, rain and once in the snow. Fast forward a bit, I started riding less and less. Two years ago I participated in the Miracle Ride (charity fund raiser for the children's hospital here) and since then I started riding more and more.
Last year I was down right sick and tired of the bike. The last time I did a search for any Savage mods was probably in 2003 and there was a rumor an HD carb could be put on and one picture circulating the net of a guy who put a turbo on his Savage. I figured I was condemned to a life of slowness and had accepted my fate. I was actually tuning it up to get it ready for sale this year. I lost my Clymer's manual and did a google search for how to do the valve lash adjustment and found this site. You'll all be happy to know I've decided to keep it for at least one more season (which is good 'cause part of me didn't want to sell it - it's my first bike) and try out some of these mods here.

So far all I've done was crash it to remove the front windshield, added some saddlebags, replace the oil plug, gut the stock muffler, and a jet kit. I want to try the VM36, a mild cam, and a new exhaust. I was just going to keep lurking in the background and PM Lancer but the forum requires 10 posts before being allowed to send PMs. Someone will probably be happy this forum convinced me to keep my bike though.

--Steve

IP Logged
Nskawtea
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1447 - 04/24/12 at 07:13:55

Hello everyone. I'm very new on this site and I would like to have a place to turn to when ever I run into any problems. I bought an 2005 Suzuki S40 three days ago. I did have problems with it but I fixed all of them by just being curiously wrenching around and cruising on this site Cheesy

I have been riding the S40 since 1000 miles from a friends uncle and we low balled this to a thousand dollars with 4600 miles on the clock. Good deal because the brake were on steel, battery was as good as anything dead, missing parts, but I still keep it shine and is proud of owning one. Bought EBC brakes and works flawlessly and a new battery. I get plenty of attention on this light weight cruiser. But to list the pros/cons from my own experience:

Pros:
- 55-60 mpg (even with some throttle thrashing and 2 up)
- quiet belt drive
- The stock drag bars, I just love them!
- super easy to maintence
- low end grunt scares passenger
- low weight

Cons:
- It be nice to have an extra gallon, but I made a 120 mi. trip with 2 gallons without reserve
- vibrates everything like living hell! But it gives a sence it's fast and feels fast

Well, everyone enjoy riding!

IP Logged
gcsdls

Midlife...about
time!

Arkansas
Reply #1448 - 04/24/12 at 14:09:04

Hi y'all,

49 year old greybeard here...in Arkansas.  Just bought a 2005 S40.  First motorcycle I've ever owned.  I've wanted one since I was 12, but wasn't allowed, then was too dirt poor, then wasn't allowed again.  I've finally begun to enter midlife, in the best way.  Smiley

I'll be asking questions to the point of being a nuisance, probably, and I'm glad you all are here to answer them.  Maybe if I learn enough, I'll be able to give back one day.

God bless you all!  Here's my new ride!

thumper_1_001.jpg
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1449 - 04/25/12 at 17:24:52

Haven't checked this thread in ages; welcome to all the new folks! Cheesy
The new black/orange paint scheme is awesome. Makes me want to go buy a new bike... at least until I look at my bank account. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
rsquare
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1450 - 04/26/12 at 05:48:00

my Ryca

bikepic.jpg
  IP Logged
Nimbus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1451 - 04/26/12 at 09:26:46

Hi, I'm Fran. I'm 59 and just got my motorcycle license last year about this time. My husband found a great Boulevard for me right after that.

I'm a fair weather rider, so I haven't put on that many miles til lately.

Loving my little bike and finding interesting things all ya'll are putting on your bikes. Thanks to all who contribute to the boards here.

Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged
Bamm
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks My World
Daily!!

Eden
Reply #1452 - 04/26/12 at 16:58:26

Hello from the newest newbie,

My name is Beth and I have my engine apart, replaced my tensioner and chain.  I am getting ready to put her back together.  This is my first bike as I have never ridden even a dirt bike.  Nervous much...Yes I am.  I too must apologize for the questions in advance as I am sure they will have logical foundation they will surely prove I am new to the inside of an engine (motorcycle anyway).

PS
Where is the forum we
have to agree to or be
deleted?  I seem to
have lost it.                            

Beth

275.jpg
  IP Logged
Kiran
Ex Member

Reply #1453 - 04/27/12 at 04:45:47

Hello! I'm Kiran and I'm 47, living in south FL. I wanted to check out the TU250, and I didn't even know I wanted a S40 before I went to the dealership and the salesman pointed it out to me.  I'm short and I really like being able to flat-foot a bike while seated, so the S40 felt right immediately.  It's about the 10th motorcycle I've owned, but the first totally new one.  It's awesome to have a forum dedicated to just the LS650! Smiley

IP Logged
Silver Stud
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1454 - 04/28/12 at 07:08:27

Howdy and Greetings:
My name is Phil, the "Silver Stud".
"Silver" as in - greying hair.
"Stud"   as in - the way women now ogle me when I'm sitting on or standing near my S40.

Oops!!! wrong button:
Searching for answers to a problem for my 81 cm400t which I purchased new in 86.
I stumbled onto this website if by accident or was it?, my brief visit here was eye opening.

What happened next ?
I read many posts, viewed the bike section, I found myself wanting the 'big single' Suzuki.
So instead of fixing the Honda I did some looking around and finally purchased an 07 S40.
After taking it for a test ride, I was giddy, riding the Suzuki home was pure exhilaration.
I spent the next week making it road worthy and basically fell in love with my new bike.

What is it like ?
The S40 is great, a low center of gravity, good gas mileage, cruising around is pure joy.
I like the pop pop pop rumble exhaust note when your cruising at a steady speed.
I even enjoy an occasional loud backfire, the big single popper is its own animal for sure.
At 5' 11" 225 lbs the Suzuki fits me like a glove, very nice ergonomics and wide power.
Never been one to nitpick, I couldn't be more happy with my exciting fun motorcycle.

In closing:
Thank you for letting me join in the group, I hope I can contribute something someday.
Best of wishes from your new friend, the "Silver Stud"
----------
CLYMER manual = $ 30
Marvel Mystery Oil = $ 4.50
SenDEC tachometer / hour meter = $ 40
GoldPlug Magnetic Oil Drain Plug = $ 10 + shipping
Lemon Pledge = $ 5.00 - BRASSO metal polish 'gold bottle' = $ 3.00
SuzukiSavage.com = $ Priceless
----------

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:21:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.