Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Theseus
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cary, NC
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1425 - 04/12/12 at 07:23:19

Hello all. I'm Aaron, a software engineer from Cary, NC. I just started riding last fall, then bought an '04 Savage as my first bike. I've only just registered for an account here, but I've been lurking for a long while.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #1426 - 04/12/12 at 08:08:02

Wow!!! Springtime riding is definitely in the air  Grin Lots of new riders joining the board lately. Welcome, and search around there is lots of good info about your bikes and several great members to visit with when you get into a bind, or just have something to share.

Until next time...Keep the rubberside down  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
N1Kk0
Ex Member

Reply #1427 - 04/12/12 at 10:32:30

Hello my name is NiKkO ,i'm 35 ,i'm from france near paris .
i have a suzuki LS 650 savage 1997 called Amy the savage !
I'm a chapter leader of black label society french chapter .

My passion are :

Custom bike et Hot rod
Computers
My car : Renault Twingo (very funny french car ,i'm member of generation twingo ,a crew fan of this car !

see ya soon !

Me and my bike :

NiKkO_et_Amy_002.jpg
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #1428 - 04/12/12 at 10:49:00

Hi all! I'm from Russia. I have a savage ls400. with mileage 20000 miles. until I installed the silencer from harley and drive belt instead of a chain. all this I really like it!

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
223fan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Crawley   WV
Reply #1429 - 04/12/12 at 14:42:01

Hello all.My name is Bryan and I'm from West Virginia.I just got my S40 a week ago and love it.I need to get some forward controlls and adjust the carb and It"ll be perfect.

IP Logged
mikeb6699
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1430 - 04/12/12 at 16:07:49

what's up y'all, Mike here in sunny FLa.  I've had my savage for a little while now but am just getting the time to actually work with it and get it right.  Have a friend who has had one for a couple years and built a rad bob/chop/whatever you want to call it and that's the direction I'm heading.  He turned me on the site and I'm glad he did.

IP Logged
aintright
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

eerie, pa
Reply #1431 - 04/12/12 at 16:18:46

scroop wrote on 04/11/12 at 18:34:29:
Great to hear from all of you good folks out there.  Some friends and I are thinkin' about that Erie bash, Aintright - I'll be looking for ya.  Thanks for the photo, Loco.  

the roar on the shore is a good time. i think this year will be much better than last year. i'll post up some pics of the bike once it doesn't look so stock. hahaaha

IP Logged
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)
Reply #1432 - 04/12/12 at 18:31:32

Hello, my name is Jacob Kordes. I live in Pennsylvania, USA. Not to far from Pittsburgh. I recently bought a new 2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40 650. It is the color orange and I already had the dealership that I bought it from add an official Suzuki Boulevard sissy bar. It is my first bike and I love it! I already got about 150 miles on it. Bought it with 1 mile. I've been going by the manual for everything or going with the members advice on this forum. This forum is full of helpful tips, advice and answers to questions that I want to know. Thanks to all the members here! Great job everyone. Keep up the great work! Looking forward to spreading my opinions, posts and questions within the future.

Jacob

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1433 - 04/12/12 at 19:07:15

Love the orange Savage, Jacob.  Ride 'er with pride and honor as 2012 is the last year of this big-single, carborator-feuled machine ('83-'12). I'm about 1 1/2 hours southeast of you.  Let me know if you're also interested in checking out AR's "roar on the shore."  It sounds like a good time to be had.   Cool

Ride free!
  IP Logged
savagedan
Ex Member

Reply #1434 - 04/13/12 at 10:46:29

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dani (aka Daniel) and just yesterday I bought a '98 Savage, black, from a nice old guy in Garden Grove, CA.

It was worth the 1+ hour drive from the Valley. The bike has only 748 miles  Grin

But it's worth mentioning that the guy, Chris, has put only 400 miles on it and hasn't ridden it since '09 besides to move it around the block a bit. I think it still has that same tank of gas... Shocked

This led me to inspect the gas tank, rusted as all heck on the inside. I'm taking it to a radiator shop today and will buy the Raptor petcock at a Yamaha store nearby.
I'm also going to give her an oil change, get some Seafoam and do whatever other minor things need to be done.

I am so happy this site exists, I bought this Savage thinking it would be a quick turn-around before I was speeding down the highway but then became overwhelmed by what looking like a lot of fixes. Now after scouring this site (3 hours last night), I know what I gotta do and am EXCITED  Grin

If you have any input, I would greatly appreciate but I think I'm going in the right direction.
I appreciate this library of data. Its so good  Cheesy

Cheers!

P.S. I tried to attach an image of my bike but I can't see it in preview  :'( I hope it shows up after re-attaching it.

540022_10150538036414364_550419363_7720255_1381616028_n.jpeg
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #1435 - 04/14/12 at 00:37:51

Hello I am new here. My name is Halvor from Norway. I have a lot of fun riding and modding my savage 96. I will try to post some photoes:
1.JPG  

1.JPG

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #1436 - 04/14/12 at 00:39:05

More photoes:
2.jpg  

2.jpg

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
Arion
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1437 - 04/14/12 at 09:58:48

Good day one and all.  We're Pia and Bob from the San Antonio area of the People's Republic of Texas.

Came across this forum just recently and decided to join because my charming wife's current ride is a 2006 S40 Boulevard - which she loves.

We'll now have two forums to keep track of.  This one and the Kawasaki Versys forum because my current ride is a 2008 Versys 650.

She kids me that her 650 is actually larger than my 650 because mine is "only" 649 cc.  And because it's a better shade of red.  Oh well.  Smiley

We'll post a picture when the system allows us to do so.  

IP Logged
Jim Arnold
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1438 - 04/17/12 at 09:59:50

Hey all, my name is Jim and I just picked up a 98 Savage last Tuesday (and already put 250 miles on her).  Love her already, rides great and definitely the perfect pick for my first bike (and I can see myself holding on to it for a while).  Looking forward to bobbing her out a little bit through the BlueCollarBobbers kits.  Side note, has anybody added their drag pipe?  I'm not sure whether or not I'll need to jet the carb after adding it, and the response I got from them was that they've heard doing so and not doing so both work awesomely.

Below is a picture of her now, I'll be sure to update pictures a long the way.  Thanks for creating such an awesome resource for a new rider and Savage owner!  

Savage.jpg
  IP Logged
aintright
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

eerie, pa
Reply #1439 - 04/17/12 at 18:55:55

check out the table of contents in the tech section under carbs. everything that i've read says you should rejet when going to a "drag" type exhaust. that's what my plan is.

already have the baffles and exhaust wrap. just need to order up a jet kit from lancer

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:25:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.