Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Mr Hyde
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston Ontario Canada
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1410 - 03/02/12 at 07:00:14

Hyde here. For some reason, obviously only known by the Savage spirits, I was unceremoniously dumped from the Savage forum after being a member for the past 2 or 3 years. E-mails to John received no results. So much for being an alliance member. Is there any way to get someone to reinstate for former stats? Thanks

Mr Hyde

Serious Thumper
Alliance Member
Date Registered: 02/28/08 at 4:04pm
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #1411 - 03/02/12 at 18:22:56

I would like to start with a sincere thank you. During the few weeks I have viewed this site as a guest, I have observed that almost everyone here shares a passion for the machine as well as for the pure joy of riding it provides. This mutual passion proved to be the catalyst I needed to start my journey. Thank you; I think.
I am 62 and have never ridden. I hope to retire in a year or two and wanted another activity. A guy can’t play golf all the time. After research and some good advice to start small and simple, I purchased a 2007 S40 from a well established local independent motorcycle repair shop for $1,500. As the story goes, the previous owner had left it for routine service and never returned to claim it. After 18 months or so, the shop owner went through the steps to obtain a mechanics lien and received a clear title. The bike has 3640 miles and appears stock except for a set of saddle bag mounts.
To date, my journey has consisted of buying the bike, getting a learner’s permit, signing up for the MSF class, joining this forum, buying liability insurance, a helmet, and a good set of boots. I also have spent many hours in a cold garage; waiting for spring by sitting on the bike and doing my best to imitate the sound of the big single cylinder at idle.
Best Regards

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #1412 - 03/03/12 at 05:10:18

Welcome, Dead Fish. You and I are of the same cloth, I am 62 as well, although I've had my bike license since '70, I had not ridden much since '75. Bought mine Sept '10, so I have got a season in. You said "cold garage" so I suspect you hang your hat somewhere in the northern regions.
You stole it from the mechanic, although I expect he made some money on it.
I am kind of semi-retired now. I am a supply teacher, so I can work when I want, or need to.
I gave up on golf years ago after I lost 12 balls in 9 holes one day, the thrill was gone. Grin
Have fun with it , and keep practicing the sound thing. ( just do it when no-one can hear you Grin)

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
wedge98
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1413 - 03/06/12 at 07:39:42

Hello everyone. Last saturday I bought a 1986 Suzuki Savage with the intention of using it as a RYCA build. I have been riding for over 15 years and owned many motorcycles with my current collection at 5.

I stripped the Savage down last Sunday to fix a few known issues and I really like the design so far. Simple, elegant, and easy to work on.

I ordered about $150 in parts and in about 3 weeks, all the minor issues(like a bad clutch switch) will be fixed. Then I can give her a proper long distance shakedown ride before I start to plan out the build.

This forum is quite awesome with the huge amount of knowledge I've found and the service manual has already come in handy to solve the electrical gremlins. Smiley

Thank you all for this great place and hopefully I can contribute some good knowledge, ideas, expierences over time.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #1414 - 03/18/12 at 19:57:56

Hello all.  First off, let me say this is an excellent forum full of a wealth of information.  I've been lurking here for a few weeks trying to learn all that I can before I buy my first motorcycle.  I think I've finally decided on the Boulevard S40/Savage LS650.  It seems to have a very dedicated following around here.  I haven't made a purchase yet (and probably won't until next spring; gotta pay a few bills first).  Until then I'll be around soaking up as much wisdom as you guys can dole out.

Thanks a bunch,
Kris

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pascal
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

France
Reply #1415 - 04/11/12 at 09:52:28

Hi, I am Pascal from France.
I live next to Biarritz.
I am 52 years old.
I pocess a LS since january.
This is a very good bike to ride cool.
Has read you soon  Wink

IP Logged
DzikiDzik
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1416 - 04/11/12 at 10:32:58

HI, Michael from Poland here. 32y, Savage is my first moto ever. Bought it 5 months ago, made about 2kkm and everyday without riding LS is huge pain. Spring is on so im beginning to make my bike a little more "my way", hope you help me here with this.

IP Logged
MagneTron
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Salt Lake City, UT
Reply #1417 - 04/11/12 at 13:18:41

Hey everyone,
First post, just wanted to introduce myself. Name's Josh and I'm a grad student in Salt Lake City. I've decided my first real bike is going to be a Suzuki S40 (I had a '78 Yamaha GT80, more of a scooter though). Thank you for all the great information, its been very helpful. I hope to add some valuable info myself one day Smiley

IP Logged
aintright
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

eerie, pa
Reply #1418 - 04/11/12 at 14:01:50

the name's trevor, just bought my first suzuki s40 a few weeks ago. it's been too cold to really ride up here in nwpa, but i've had it out a few times.

i've been trolling this site for a few months now and got a ton of info about the bike and a good starting point for mods.  

this guy probably won't see too extreme of changes (i have a tendency to cut up everything i own) for now it's just going to get cleaned up with some dual headlights, led brake lights, front and rear led turns, exhaust, oldfellers air filter mod, rejetting, etc. etc. etc...

there's a bike rally up here in july i'm hoping to have it all prettied up for.

well thanks for all the info and hopefully i'll be able to give some back some time

IP Logged
locomotiveman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota USA
Reply #1419 - 04/11/12 at 16:13:13

Yeah.....Hi everybody. LOCOMOTIVEMAN up here in Minnesota USA. I LIKE this 2001 LS650 I just bought. Looking forward to gleaning this Site for tid-bits.
Yes, I 'tweaked' the LowSpeedMixture on Day#1. What a difference! Mine was FactoryCherry...set @1/2 turn out. Pluggin' the Mixture Screw at the factory.....How dumb.
Now I'm havin' Fun in the Sun.             Locomotiveman

IMG_3797_001.JPG
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1420 - 04/11/12 at 18:34:29

Great to hear from all of you good folks out there.  Some friends and I are thinkin' about that Erie bash, Aintright - I'll be looking for ya.  Thanks for the photo, Loco.  

Ride free!
  IP Logged
beatup86
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1421 - 04/12/12 at 00:53:30

Hey all, my name is alex, im 26 and live in norfolk va. ive been lookin for a savage for a while now (wanting to do a ryca build on it) and it brought me to your website. almost have all the money needed to buy the kit and the bike, but also want to upgrade the motor as well. this will be my first bike ive owned myself and i can honestly not wait lol.

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #1422 - 04/12/12 at 02:37:39

Hello, I'll be picking op a Savage shortly. This will be my first single cylinder bike I've owned. I'm looking forward to it.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1423 - 04/12/12 at 06:24:32

Mr Hyde wrote on 03/02/12 at 07:00:14:
Hyde here. For some reason, obviously only known by the Savage spirits, I was unceremoniously dumped from the Savage forum after being a member for the past 2 or 3 years. E-mails to John received no results. So much for being an alliance member. Is there any way to get someone to reinstate for former stats? Thanks

Mr Hyde

Dude, sorry to hear of your drop.
Have you talked to Oldfeller or Verslagen yet about this ?
At least you are back up and functional again.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1424 - 04/12/12 at 06:30:19

welcome to all the new folks
It is nice to see you here
This is a fun bike to ride and to tinker with

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:17:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.