Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1350 - 07/27/11 at 17:48:37

It's great to hear from all of you folks out there!  I'd love to see some photos from some of you guys outside of the U.S.  Open up a thred in the Cafe' and show us your home town - with you and your machine, of course.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
capttwb
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maryland Eastern shore
Reply #1351 - 08/04/11 at 16:23:57

Hi all! I'm new to the forum. Having ridden motorcycles for 45 years, it really is great to ride a real motorcycle again. I just bought a 09' Savage, and rediscovered the joy of riding just for the sheer pleasure of riding. Big bore thumpers ROCK! Actually I guess it is called a S40 Boulevard, but it looks just like the Savage of the 80's. I'm ashamed to say I bought it to teach my wife to ride, and can't stop riding it myself. Thanks for having me. Smiley

IP Logged
Chick-A-Ri
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1352 - 08/14/11 at 15:33:52

Hi, Chick-A-Ri  here,  new to the forum & Savage.

Have been riding on & off 20 some years, & as I’m reaching my Medicare era, I have gotten a 2003 Savage where I can still shrink another 2 inches &  have my feet touch the ground. I am also now able to get it out of the garage by myself. Got her 2 weeks ago & have given her the name Scrappy, as I have found she defiantly has a mind of her own.  We’re starting to become good friends.  I do have a few issues to make the ride a little more comfortable. Have never had a bike with riser handlebars before.  Also would like to get a more comfortable seat. We do longish rides from time to time & have found I’m ok the first 100 miles but after that, well I’m sure you all understand!  Got a gel pad from Wal-Mart, which has helped a lot, but would like a good seat. I seem to be sitting somewhat on the edge of the back seat, which is where the problem lies. Really love the way she handles & sure we will be putting many adventures together for a long time.  WinkOnly other adjustments , I have to turn my tank bag upside down to ride or I can’t see the speedometer,  have to learn to turn my turn signals off again, & not having a tripometer.  Math & old people don’t far well.  
Really glad to have found this forum, seems to have a history of knowledge available.

IP Logged
joe-wiseguy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1353 - 08/31/11 at 20:03:34

hello i am joe-wiseguy of wiseguys choppers and customs in washington state.  i have been building custom bikes with the xs650 for 11 years now and have turned my focus on the singles.  i have been wanting to build custom bikes with the savage 650 for some time now and just bought 4 bikes to start building with.  my plan is to start with a cafe bike, a stretched bobber, and then a twin motor bike.  i have built many of the above with the xs650 but i am really looking forward to starting with the thumpers for a new project challenge.  i build custom bikes, intakes systems, exhaust, swingarm work and frames so this is going to be a lot of fun for me since i dont see a lot of after market stuff available for this model.  of course i need to do much research on this bike but plan on jumping in head first.  anyway hello  to all and ill be lurking around now and seeing what you are all building.

IP Logged
ELM
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

PA
Reply #1354 - 09/03/11 at 19:35:43

Good evening I'm new to the group and I am delighted to find all the information on the Savage and S40 bikes in one place.

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1355 - 09/04/11 at 06:12:08

Welcome to the Savage forum everyone and be sure to stick around.
Yea, the seat is a issue for all of us, Chick-a-Ri.  Let me know if you ever find a tripometer for Scrappy, I ran out of gas 3X so far this summer and I still haven't learned to watch those miles.
Keep us updated with photos joe-wiseguy.  A twin set of singles sounds incredible!

Ride free!
  IP Logged
buddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lynchburg, Va.
Reply #1356 - 09/04/11 at 15:06:12

Hi Savage riders,
Buddy here from Virginia, retired (semi) but not expired, got my Savage a few weeks ago. A 2002 model  with 1380 miles, silver, stock with windshield. Havent ridden in a long time so trying to get back in the saddle. Thanks for the help on the fork brace, bike came with a Jardine so may try the mod.
G'Day!

IP Logged
Sunchasers

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks the Rockies!

Northern Colorado
Reply #1357 - 09/07/11 at 23:11:18

Hi all!  I thought I had already done this before but couldn't find a previous post so..... here it goes.  I'm Doug from northern Colorado, not new to motorcycling, been riding pretty regularly for 35 years.  Bought my first bike at 15, a 1971 Honda CL350 Scrambler and have been "hooked" ever since! Cheesy  My last bike was a brand new 1999 Intruder LC1500 which I really liked, but the bike was not practical for my needs nor easy to work on IMO.

A couple years ago, I bought a 1987 Savage LS650 with 7600 miles which eventually developed the infamous plug oil leak and thats what brought me to this forum.  This is my first Thumper and I love the bike!  This is a great place with great people!  Only hope I can pay it forward as well as I have received.  Smiley

1987 LS650P, Blue/Purple, stock w/ white spacer mod, 2-1/4 turns, Raptor petcock, seat ht. mod, Verslavy, Routys F.C., 8300 mi
  IP Logged
Mike W.
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lemoore,CA
Reply #1358 - 09/08/11 at 12:50:06

Guess I better stop lurking...
My name is Mike. I live in Lemoore, CA. Been riding bikes since 1973. Crashed dirtbikes all over the hills of California's central valley in my younger days. First legal bike was a Honda XL 125. After that, I had the sickness: CB550 Honda, XL250, Suzuki RM250. XL350, Yamaha XS650 (Twice), BMW R100, Yamaha DT250, Honda Transalp, Yamaha Zuma, Vespa GT 200L, H-D 883R, Kawasaki Concours, Honda Ascot 500, Yamaha RD 350, and this 2009 LS650. There were a couple more bikes in there and the order is not right, but you get the idea.

Have a wonderful wife who puts up with my bikes, Geocaching, backpacking, hiking, and addiction to In-N-Out Burger.
Two grown sons. One in Santa Barbara and one in Santa Rosa, CA.
Also have two crazy dogs, a gecko and one fish.

Great forum and people here. Thanks for having me!

Mike (aka Scooterman)

IP Logged
Sam7.62

It made better sense
in my head...

Tampa, Fla
Reply #1359 - 09/09/11 at 18:20:18

Just got my first bike today, an 08 S40 2k miles on it. Silver with jardine exhaust and iso grips(not a fan) Plans are to de-badge it brake light modulator and relay the headlight.

'08 S40 Jardine,Debadged,Backoff/XP brake flasher deal
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1360 - 09/10/11 at 08:52:56

Big welcome Hugs to all you new forum members.
Now stop being bashful. Post pics of yourself and
your bike. We really do enjoy seeing them.
Don't forget to participate in our discussions and
the scavenget hunt as well.. Again big welcome
hugs to all. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Dade
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1361 - 09/11/11 at 20:43:34

New member here.  I began reviewing posts at the site a few months before acquiring my '98 ls650.  She's been a great first bike for me, even if I am a bit cramped after 45 minutes or so.  After adding a set of Sportster low handlebars with 4" of pullback and a newer 1 piece seat, I'm a little more comfortable and my 11.5" rear shock set should make my steering a little more comfortable (immediate) once installed.

My last bike was a 1980 yamaha mx175 that I was gifted at age 12 and worked on unsuccessfully off and on for 10 years.  She only ran at >50 percent throttle under 40 degrees Fahrenheit.  A steep learning curve indeed. After parting ways for 100 dollars when I thought she was unsolvable, a few years ago I realized that she must have needed a clutch rebuild.  At least my legs got a great workout every time I tried to pop start her!!

From what I've read so far, we've got a great group of riders here.  Thanks to the mods and hosts for giving me an awesome resource.

IP Logged
OdysseusNY
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1362 - 09/12/11 at 17:54:13

Hi all, new member, been lurking here a bit but just got my bike last week. 2007 white s40. Stock as far as I can tell with a windshield and saddlebags. We live in NYC. Having a blast with it so far. My first bike. Cheers!

-OdyNY

IP Logged
BobberB714
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Orange county CA
Reply #1363 - 09/15/11 at 10:47:03

Hello everybody been hanging out on here for a while reading up on everything i picked up a 95 LS650 and stripped it all down to redo it I'm doing a bobber build and i'll get some pics up of the progress just wanted to say thanks to all those before me for all the help I've gotten from this forum.  I live in Southern Cali and the riding has been great Bike has been down for about a month while i'm building it but everything I've ever needed to know about the bike has been here. Got my first post out of the way now hopefully i'll have plenty more

« Last Edit: 09/20/11 at 09:13:10 by BobberB714 »  
  IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #1364 - 09/15/11 at 15:54:09

Welcome Dade, OdysseusNY and BobberB714!  You've joined the best motorcycle group on the internet and now have a wealth of knowledge at yopur fingertips.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:29:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.