Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41321 times)
Johan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
rocks indeed!

Stockholm, Sweden (Europe)
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #135 - 04/11/08 at 12:19:55

Hi

My name is Johan and live in Stockholm, Sweden (northern Europe).  After owning all other kinds of motorcycles it's just one kind left: a cruiser. Well, maybe the fact that I got two kids now affect my risk profile... I enjoy vehicles that lends themselfes for easy customization and the LS650 seems to be a strong candidate.

I will hang around for a while, maybe (hopefully!) I will get enough enthusiasm to rid the Honda XR600 Motard for a Savage. I feel the obsession coming... Cheesy

/JR

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #136 - 04/11/08 at 19:27:38

The Savage is a good obsession to have.  It is one very fun motorcycle that can be made into all sorts of type bikes.
Welcome to this Savage site, there is plenty of stuff to see and learn here regarding out favorite big cylinder.
Enjoy

Michael

IP Logged
shadowman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern Virginia
Reply #137 - 04/16/08 at 12:26:11

Greetings all:

I've been monitoring this site for over a month and have found much useful info.  Retired last year and am going to get back into riding after a 30 yr. hiatus.  Savage is a good place to start -- bought a '98, lo miles, 95% stock -- and am waiting for the weather in Virginia to become more hospitable for longer rides.  Have a few tech questions that I will post to appropriate fora.  Look forward to interesting exchanges.

Shadowman

IP Logged
Latimer

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Boston
Reply #138 - 04/16/08 at 18:44:47

Figured its time I introduced myself.

I'm a 27 year old banker from Boston.  Bought my first bike last summer which just so happened to be a 96 Savage.  After riding one season you can say Im hooked.  I take the thing out every chance I get.  With the help of you guys Im looking to turn my bike into somewhat of a bobber, love the look of them.  Anyways, you all have already been more than helpful many times, I really would be lost without this board.

-Pete

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #139 - 04/16/08 at 19:22:30

Hey guys, welcome aboard.  The big singles are the most practical, most fun riding motorcycle on the road.

IP Logged
jomiyo

Thump or Bump!

Elmira, NY
Reply #140 - 04/23/08 at 13:26:04

my turn!

Hello,

my name is Jordan(21), i bought an 07' spank me new last year out in california (i was originated in NY).  Put about 300 miles on it and decided on a meaner thump, so i took it back to the stealership, used my jedi mind tricks and they put one on as a warranty fix.  (jardine Rumbler)   Put another 5,500 miles on it in about 5 months and then packed up my stuff and set sail.  i went down the coast then across and up to upstate NY.  it is now just over a year old and i have 11,000 glorious miles on it!  

time for some real mods this year.  
first up- i took of the front signals when i first got it, didn't like the look. awaiting shipment are some iron cross mirrors/signals.
while waiting for those to come i would like to do the white spacer mod... but i am not to mechanical and i am a little afraid of doing so myself.
Also i have contacted the infamous ED L and hopefully will be getting what my knees have been begging me for since the beginning. +4" forward control

not sure what else, pictures of current will come as soon as i can upload

'07 s40, White spacer removed, Jardine muffler, iron cross mirrors, Ed-L +4" controls, under seat bags- only on for trips, and 1 happy nut in the seat!
  IP Logged
infrared41
YaBB Newbies

Big Red and me all
Day long!

Ohio
Reply #141 - 05/08/08 at 18:57:13

Wow, I just realized I never posted in the introduction thread when I joined. My apologies. Greetings all. My name is Greg. I have a '97 Savage. Coolest bike I've ever owned. I am totally hooked. Glad to see there is a place to hang out with fellow Savage owners.

IP Logged
donhere
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Pensacola, Fl
Reply #142 - 05/08/08 at 19:23:43

Hi I'm Don, 57 and happy to be alive. Little over 3 years ago I was operated on for prostate cancer, doctor tells me I had God on my side, he says I am thru the tough part, he says I made it. Last year I went sky diving and bought a motorcycle, now mind I hadn't been on a bike since 1970, then it was a Norton 750. Well I am the proud owner of a sweet 98 Savage, she is good to an old man.
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for being here, all of ya'all.

just passin thru.
  IP Logged
abotech
YaBB Newbies

A.T.G.A.T.T.- All
The Gear All The
Time

Reply #143 - 05/11/08 at 20:31:33

Hello everyone. I've just signed up after 3 weeks of lurking in the background. My daughter has a 1996 Savage that she just loves. It has a gel seat, fly screen & backrest. I need to play with the jetting and exhaust. I'm 49 years old, grew up racing dirt bikes, wrenched in a Suzuki  -Kawasaki shop in college. My daily rider is a one owner (me) 82 r100rs bmw. We have a garage full of toys, mostly older bikes. I'm glad this site is here to help the savage owners with their machines.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #144 - 05/12/08 at 14:46:48

Welcome guys!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
kirkules
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

omaha, NE USA
Reply #145 - 05/12/08 at 21:25:12

Hello everybody.  Love this site!! I discovered it while searching for some tips about my 2001 Savage, and haven't heard the end of it from my girlfriend since.  Thanks to everyone for so many awesome tips.  I almost called in sick to work today so I didn't have to get off the computer.  Anyway, I'm 26 going on 40 with a 2001 Savage.  It's my second bike, third if you count my old moped.  Girlfriend rides a Honda rebel.  Name's Kirk and the Kirkules comes from Kirk+Hercules(dorky I know, but if you can't laugh at yourself, then you are too uptight.) Cheesy

IP Logged
herzog
YaBB Newbies

Auburn, MA
Reply #146 - 05/14/08 at 12:07:20

Hi all,
I'm a 32 year old software engineer. I just got a 2003 Savage. It's my third bike, after my two old Yamaha triples (77 & 78 XS750s) which I just sold. I have been riding and wrenching for a little over 8 years now. I'm proud to say no one but me has worked on any of my bikes in the time I've owned them. I recently decided on the Savage since I have little kids, and my wife informed me my time commitment to my old rat bike was just too much.  Smiley  I love the looks, the ride, and the elegant-but-raw simplicity of the Savage. It's great to see such excellent forums too. I'm glad to know (thanks to these forums) that I'm not the largest Savage rider either at just over 6'1" and about 240. My coworkers were making "shriners" jokes and one of the guys who looked at my old bikes asked if the Savage was my wife's ride. Though I used to ride much more, now most of my riding is confined to my short commute, but the new bike has made that even more fun!

IP Logged
Mmickey814
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #147 - 05/14/08 at 18:44:50

Hey gang, I am a new proud owner of a 04, LS650. This is my 1st bike and   I am having a blast with it. Have been looking at the site for about 2 weeks now, and figured it was time to join. This site seems to have everything you need. Great to find a place where so many people have a specific common interest.

IP Logged
meck

Woonsocket, RI
Reply #148 - 05/15/08 at 08:32:06

Hey everyone - I'm a 26 year old software engineer from northern Rhode Island. I just started riding recently and picked up a 1988 LS650 with ~25K on it. This site has been very helpful to me already. So far I've changed the oil and filter, and I have the head cap on order, which looks to be pretty straightforward thanks to the excellent guide here.

I'll give my motorcycle history too: I'm a New England city boy, and my wife is from northwest Montana, so that means guns and bikes. We were out there in September, and my father-in-law and two brothers-in-law decided to play "Intimidate the Yankee". After having determined that I hadn't ridden a motorcycle before, I was prompty given a helmet and a 1980 Honda CB with a softball sized dent in the tank. They, of course, were seated on their new Kawasaki KLR's. "We're going for a ride," he said. We ended up riding up Mount Marston (elevation 7343ft - views into Glacier Nat'l Park and Waterton Lakes Park in Canada), up twisty secondary logging roads, white knuckles all the way (on my 25 year old street bike). Coming back down 15-20% grades was... interesting as well. Despite that, I caught the bug and had to get myself a bike. So that's my story!

1988 LS650
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #149 - 05/15/08 at 09:16:47

Welcome Newby!  what a story!  I hope your BIL's gained some respect for you, sounds like you answered their challenge admirably.  Did you ask who's head made the dent?   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:53:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.