Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
CactusChris
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1275 - 05/26/11 at 22:23:11

Hi Everyone!  I'm Cactus Chris from Central Iowa.  I just bought two New 09 S40s for me and my fiancee.  Besides these two bikes I have a 98 Goldwing and my old 554 I bought back in high school.  I look forward to reading more and hearing more from everyone.

« Last Edit: 06/10/11 at 21:22:16 by CactusChris »  
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1276 - 05/27/11 at 15:00:20

Matching S40's for you and your lady - that is too awesome, Cactus!  Do I gotta say it?...post a picture.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
wolfsgirl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1277 - 05/27/11 at 16:11:01

Welcome aboard Cactus!   Smiley

IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #1278 - 05/27/11 at 21:28:26

Hey savages, I'm a newbie. I jus got this 95' from my uncle, With my dad walkin me through I've managed some pretty cool mods for a 16 year old.

Mods;
Made my own bars (stops)
Built my seat
Chopped & sectioned rear fender (integrated T/signals & B/light )
Ditched the airbox & made new side covers
Cut lotsa stuff & drilled lotsa ''Go Fast Holes''

PS, any tips for posting pics, I keep getting error message

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1279 - 05/27/11 at 21:38:10

welcome all...

here's how to post pic's...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1240899665

WWW   IP Logged
skeebo

Ride It Like U Stole
It........

Fresno, Cali
Reply #1280 - 05/27/11 at 22:07:15

Thanks.....did I mention Im a Newb

95'......Its Kinda Like Bobber Rode A Rat Bike To A Cafe Race.....Thing
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #1281 - 05/28/11 at 20:29:47

Hello, I'm Larry and I'm a thumperholic. It all started years ago with a Harley Sprint SS350. Since that I've ridden several thumpers,including BSA 441 Victor,Triumph Tiger 500 single and a Yamaha 500 single,along with a few Yamaha XS650's,all back in the 1970's/80's.

I haven't had a scooter since sometime in the early 1990's and lately I've got that itch again. Been researching bikes and really like the retro look of the Royal Enfield but discovered the Savage and all you can do with them so here I am! I'll be lurking here for the most part until I find that "deal I can't refuse" then I'll feel more like part of the family!

As for the rest of me, married 30 years(to the same gal!), truck driver hauling tractors and lawn equipment,farmer and writer. I like Blues and 60's rock. Ham radio operator,callsign KG4ZAR

That's pretty much it.

Larry aka the ZAR

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Iono
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1282 - 05/31/11 at 05:11:52

Well as I've been sweating people in another part of the forum with my issues I should introduce myself and show a pic of the bike in question...I currently live in Thailand so owning anything 400 and above and is considered a big bike, getting parts and services can be expensive...I've owned the LS Savage 400 for about 6 to 8 months, it turns heads, but what I love the most is the sound and how quick it moves out Smiley.  I call it my Snarly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1283 - 05/31/11 at 09:07:01

welcome all
cool look skeebo,  nice flames on Snarly, too

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1284 - 06/01/11 at 07:56:31

Welcome new folks.. Nice you found us.
Hey that Snarly looks cool with the flames.
I am not usually that impressed with the flames,
well not until these anyways.
Join in and the only question that won't get
answered, is the one not asked.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Reply #1285 - 06/02/11 at 04:06:42

Hi! I'm Z. I'm in Northwestern PA. Allegheny National Forest is my backyard. LOL I'm a newbie-ish rider. I've only been riding for about 5 years, all of which have been on my '98 Savage. I'm actually thrilled to see that there are a lot of people with Savages out there! I've only seen about 5 in this area and 3 of them are in my family. Grin I get a lot of questions from people who have never seen a single cylinder bike.  Roll Eyes They tell me that some day I will grow up into a "real" bike. I just  Roll Eyesat them. Grin

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1286 - 06/02/11 at 09:15:54

Haven't checked this thread in ages, and wow, there's lots of new folks to say "Welcome!" to! Smiley  And even another rider from "the other Vancouver"! Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1287 - 06/03/11 at 17:22:07

Great lookin' machine, Skeebo!  It's definately a good fit for you.
And I have to agree with Kim that flames don't thrill me, but I gotta say that your color sceam on Snarly is quite impressive!  Kudos Iono!    
Welcome aboard, Z.  It sounds like you have some great places to ride.  I'm a little southeast of you and I love the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains.  Be safe all.  

Ride free!
  IP Logged
Grizzly
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1288 - 06/04/11 at 15:31:11

Hey guys and gals, I'm another newbie here and like Iono, I figured since I'm asking questions now, there's no better time to introduce me and my ride. To start off, my name's Bryan and I'm just a few months past 19. I live in Central Florida, in a city you most likely haven't heard from unless you live in Central FL,and I'm waiting for my ring to be finished so I can get engaged. As for my ride, it's an '07 S40, black. It's actually my brother's, but he's in Afghanistan for a couple more months and looking to sell it. I'm currently low on cash so I'm trying to figure out a way to work it our with him....maybe do all his car repairs..? The bad news is........everyone has nicknamed the bike Cupcake. Yes, it's sad. And I don't blame them with the way Suzuki had held this little but able bike back from it's true potential. I've already got a Night train muffler (ran me $25  Smiley ) and I intend to win back some pride for this veteran's bike with any performance upgrades I can manage. I've got friends in the right places, so a valve job, boring and stroking, all the really fun stuff should be easy to come by. Now, my dad currently rides a Harley Crossbone, and hasn't owned anything smaller than twice the cc's of a Savage/S40 for as long as I've been alive, and he has no respect for anything that doesn't sound like a 302 or bigger roaring out of a big ol straight pipe. I intend to show him how far one of these little fellas can really go.

P.S.    Pics to come soon.

IP Logged
thirty six
YaBB Newbies

building my first
bobber!

Reply #1289 - 06/06/11 at 00:24:02

I finally decided to join after lurking for a few months and planning my bobber build. I was considering going with a bcb kit but after reading many of the threads here it makes sense to get a trailer fender and get out the jigsaw instead!

This is the only pic I'll post of my ('96) bike for now, but I've been taking photos of the (slow) modifications as I go and will post them when all is complete! I'm anxious to get rid of the yellow paint!

This was taken on a ride through one of our many Colorado mountain canyons. These Savages are a LOT of fun in them!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:26:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.