Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1260 - 05/10/11 at 20:32:33

Hello to all our new members. Best accessory selection in Europe is from Germany. They have a cult following there (and so do Kawasaki Drifters, go figure).

Welcome to the asylum... Wink

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1261 - 05/13/11 at 20:55:52

Hello everyone.  My first machine was a '78 Suzi GS400X back in '89.  Since then I've run a Yamaha, Triumph (regret giving that one away), another Suzuki, and an H-D.  Just got the Boulevard a month or so ago after going quite a few years without riding.  It's a great little machine (runs like a raped ape!) although at 6'1" I am a bit tall for it - forward controls are in the near future.  I found this site mentioned on a YouTube video comment, so a huge "Thank you" to whoever posted that.  Let me know if you're planning on attending Thunder In The Valley (Johnstown, PA) next month and maybe we can hook up for a ride together.  Blessings to you all and be safe out there.  ---Scroop            

« Last Edit: 05/14/11 at 02:58:22 by scroop »  

Ride free!
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1262 - 05/14/11 at 06:21:12

Welcome Scroop and the other new members.
Your now part of a great forum.
You will find all the necessary information on
how to work on your machine, in here.
Don't forget to post pics as well as ride reports.
We enjoy hearing or reading those. Again welcome
and don't be shy..Smiley kim

IP Logged
kingxxcole
YaBB Newbies

POW! right in the
kisser.

murfreesboro TN,
Reply #1263 - 05/14/11 at 22:08:21

Hey everyone. The name is Kevin, new to the site but not to bikes. I ran across a 1998 savage in need of some tlc didn't know much about the bike just that it was a good deal. The guy I got it from started to bob it but never finished. I have pics of the before but cant find the camera cord. Sense I got the savage I added a rear fender some paint and exhaust. I have got toooonnnnsss of ideas from the site chain conversion is next.I look forward to being apart of the site.

« Last Edit: 05/18/11 at 18:48:10 by kingxxcole »  
  IP Logged
Jahoo

Annapolis,MD
Reply #1264 - 05/16/11 at 20:52:45

Well I guess after a couple years on this site I should probably introduce myself. I'm Cody, I reside on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and have had my 95 savage for almost 6 years now. Sadly for 3 of those years my bike sat in a garage because i couldn't bring myself to sell her and I didn't have the time to work on her. Now with gas so high I have devoted the last year to restoring her to her former glory.

This forum has been my go to guide even over my clymer manual. With the help of this forum I have rebuilt my carb, troubleshot my engine problem, found the all mighty seafoam, gotten a new gas tank, and even made a mechanic look like a jerk after I rode up a week later on a bike he told me would never run and might as well be sold for scraps. I hope at some point I can help someone on here as much as everyone has helped me. Keep the rubber side down.

IP Logged
bluedad
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sumiton, AL
Reply #1265 - 05/17/11 at 05:29:17

Hello, my name is Gary.  I live in Sumiton AL, about 25 NW of Birmingham.  Just picked up a '96 Suzuki Savaage 650.  I think it's beautiful, but no pics yet.  Glad to have found this forum, I've been reading it over the last week, and  enjoy the camaraderie and humor.

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1266 - 05/17/11 at 14:57:33

Jahoo wrote on 05/16/11 at 20:52:45:
This forum has been my go to guide even over my clymer manual. With the help of this forum I have rebuilt my carb, troubleshot my engine problem, found the all mighty seafoam, gotten a new gas tank, and even made a mechanic look like a jerk after I rode up a week later on a bike he told me would never run and might as well be sold for scraps. I hope at some point I can help someone on here as much as everyone has helped me. Keep the rubber side down.

Awesome story, Cody.  You're certainly a poster child for this site.  A Savage become scrap!?! GOD FORBID IT!!!
---Scroop

Ride free!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1267 - 05/17/11 at 15:17:47

scroop wrote on 05/17/11 at 14:57:33:
Jahoo wrote on 05/16/11 at 20:52:45:

Awesome story, Cody.  You're certainly a poster child for this site.  A Savage become scrap!?! GOD FORBID IT!!!
---Scroop

So right Scroop!  

Welcome new folks.  Stick around!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
r4fun
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Toronto- ON
Reply #1268 - 05/17/11 at 18:08:38

"I just want to say hello" and God save this forum Grin, it's a good place to learn and share knowledge about our "toys".
I just start to ride my first bike and unfortunately I started to learn ( kind of too soon Embarrassed)  about how to fix different thinx on my bike.
But doesn't matter important is :"I got mi biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike"

Have a wonderful night!
Smiley

IP Logged
dwaleegoo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1269 - 05/19/11 at 18:17:35

Hi, I'm Dwane from Vancouver WA (suburb of Portland) I've owned dozens of bikes in my 63 years, my current daily driver is a wee-strom.
My brothers, in Honolulu, have a coooool savage bobber and on a recent visit there I fell in love with it and decided I had to have one. So, I bought a low mile 09 insurance total for a song and I'm determined to build a shoe string, rattle can, old school bobber. I've already straightened the forks using an old shop press and a straight edge, and have some of the parts I need. I'll be contacting Lancer for a jet kit to go with the after market junk yard exhaust I found. I'm still looking for a pair of stock shocks and a pair of stock pegs, a right side cover and a stock horn, I think there are a few RYCA builders on the market place that may be able to help me. My daughter says she can show me how to put pictures on here so I'll try and show you all the finished product. I'm glad you're all here so I can be here with you.   

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1270 - 05/19/11 at 18:57:21

Welcome dwaleegoo, another pnw rider.
Their are a few of us here.
Best of luck on the bobbing.
Lot of how to's on here from
ones that already have done theirs,
should you need the help.Smiley kim

IP Logged
wolfsgirl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1271 - 05/20/11 at 18:37:04

Hey there everyone!  My name is Tammie and I am sooooo excited to be here.  I am a brand new rider who just bought a beautiful little 2005 S40.  The previous owner did a wonderful job in maintaining this baby.  I'm in Texas so I am looking forward to having a lot of ride time as we hardly ever get a winter here.  Looking forward to meeting everyone, learning more about my bike and Sharing in the fun.    Smiley

IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #1272 - 05/21/11 at 06:02:15

Welcome to the mob, Tammie, Dwayne, and r4fun Cool.  You're fortunate to have the Boulevard as your first bike.  It's a great little machine.  Post some shots of you and your machines.  Be safe out there.
---Scroop  

« Last Edit: 05/25/11 at 18:47:22 by scroop »  

Ride free!
  IP Logged
wolfsgirl
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1273 - 05/21/11 at 10:04:32

This is the first Forum I've ever joined and Scroop wants pictures. hehehehe  help? I see the insert image button but I'm not sure how to do that or where I should post them.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1274 - 05/21/11 at 10:16:58

Hi everyone

How to post pictures is explained in the tech section.

To find that and many other how-to's...
open the tech section table of contents and it's the second link listed.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:16:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.