Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1245 - 04/05/11 at 17:08:11

Hey everybody. I'm known as Fish and I just bought my first ever bike just 3 weeks ago. I've been riding every day since then as my bike is my ONLY means of transportation. I've put 600 miles on her and my commute to work is only 4.6 miles per day.

I am so happy I finally bought a bike after a few years of wanting one.

This is Sammy. I'm her 2nd owner and she now only has 4k miles. The only things I've changed so far are the handle bar position, clutch lever engagement point, added a tool bag and a Mustang seat.

The only issues to fix in the near future are a buzzing speedometer housing and an oil leak likely from that cap in the cylinder head.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #1246 - 04/09/11 at 12:05:23

Howdy all...  I have been riding a long time, and have two Marauders.  (One when I live and one where I work...  Texas, and Jersey.  The commute is hell)  And for Christmas I got a bike for the woman with bad enough judgment to love me.  Smiley  After sitting on everything we could find, we got a 95 Savage.  She is loving it, and riding more every weekend.  But...  It has issues...  Some of the fellow MIGs told me to come here, and the lurking has been handy.  (Already got a HD muff...)  But time to ask questions and buy parts, so here I am.

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #1247 - 04/15/11 at 21:50:58

Hi, all.  Savage owner since last Nov.  I had been without a bike for about 25 yrs and got the itch again.  My previous bikes were a '67  Ducati 250 Scrambler and a '68 BSA 440 Victor.  Needless to say, I like thumpers.  My Savage is an '01.  I've modded with a slightly unbaffled Dyna muffler, mainjet and spacer mods.  I've really been enjoying this bike.

This is a great board and I have learned a lot from lurking here for the past 5 months.

IP Logged
rustysavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Reply #1248 - 04/16/11 at 12:43:52

Hi folks I'm known as rusty. I'm from Nova Scotia, a tech at a car dealership ( don't judge I work there don't have a say in policy). My first ride was a honda 50 from there to a kawaski 440 ltd....... 20 years of life getting in the way I'm back in the saddle. Bought a used 04 savage and you can't beat the smile off my face.

IP Logged
southernsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1249 - 04/17/11 at 19:04:13

hello guys great site thanks a million  Grin i have pics but i will post them as soon as i can figure out how to make them smaller but here is what i did to my bike... I have a 2006 s40 I added hard tail struts, relocated after market taillights , cut rear fender and made it a bobber, added Harley muffler and more to come. Thanks again!!!!!! Cheesy

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1250 - 04/17/11 at 19:35:55

WWW   IP Logged
topgunz1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Baton Rouge, LA
Reply #1251 - 04/21/11 at 06:50:13

Just stopping by to introduce myself, my name is Kade and I'm from near Baton Rouge, LA.

I'm picking up a 2001 Savage this weekend for a steal, plans are to do a Ryca build with it.  I'm selling my 06 GSX-R 600 to help fund the project.  I also have an 06 Ninja 650R which also was my first bike 2 years ago.

I know the motor will need some work as it ran without oil.  Just how much, I don't know. This will be my first experience with anything besides bolt-ons and maintenance on cars and bikes but I am looking forward to it and this forum seems to be a wealth of knowledge.

during a demo day at local Harley shop

IP Logged
titou33m
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1252 - 04/24/11 at 07:27:27

salut tout le monde je m'appelle thierry je suis de bordeaux en france
j'ai un 650 LS savage de 1993
desoler pour mon anglais je me sert de google traduc

hello everyone my name is thierry I am from Bordeaux, France
I have a LS 650 Savage 1993
Sorry for my English I used google translation

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1253 - 04/24/11 at 13:17:37

As long as I don't have to find a translator, I'm good.

Welcome thierry, not many visit here from france.

In fact 1st I've ever seen.  Is there a french savage site?

WWW   IP Logged
titou33m
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1254 - 04/25/11 at 00:28:05

salut a ma connaissance pas de site français sur le savage
ce n'est pas une moto  trés populaire
c'est pour sa que je suis ici . Je cherche des truc et astuces pour cutomise ma moto
en france je ne trouve pas grand monde pour m'aider et les magasin sont trés pauvre en accessoires  

hello to my knowledge no French site on the savage
this is not a very popular bike
it is for his I'm here. I'm looking for tips and tricks for my bike cutomise
in France I do not find many people to help me and the store are very low in accessories

IP Logged
3zukis
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1255 - 04/26/11 at 13:05:28

Hey everyone, just picked up an 01 metalic glacial blue with 3200 miles for $1300. Needs the carb cleaned and petcock swapped/serviced. I hope that's all. My first bike was an 82 Suzuki GS550M. Then a 91 Kawasaki 500EX, a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C90, and still have and love my 08 Busa. The Savage will be my daily rider.  My wife has an 04 gsxr 1000. So I'm on my 3rd zuki an d with my wife's we have 3 in the garage!

IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Reply #1256 - 04/27/11 at 11:58:21

I am Kristen from Massachesetts. I bought a 99 Savage last august and love her. I got her before i got my license and MSF class done.  We have been down a couple times but she is a trooper just like me. I put 400 miles on her in the short riding season here. I am looking forward to alot of great times with her.

« Last Edit: 05/03/11 at 11:11:29 by KristenAnn »  
kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1257 - 05/04/11 at 07:15:42

Nice pics KristenAnn..Welcome and glad
your with us..Girl power rocks...
Now one of your Pink helmet please...
I love the color Pink as well..
Again welcome and nice to meet you..Smileykim

IP Logged
joscswny
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NH
Reply #1258 - 05/07/11 at 05:00:59

Good morning Riders, Builders and Enlightened Ones,

I have a ’72 Dunstall-Norton which has sat for many years.  As you might surmise, I too, have sat for many years.  Peer pressure has made me commit to a rebuild of the ’72 which will start late this summer or early fall, when my shop is weather tight.  This rebuild will take at least a year or two and I desire to ride in the mean time; not just to ride but to take on another project.  That project is to be a café racer in the 50’s / 60’s British style but inexpensive, reliable and possessing a large single cylinder.  Of course the obvious choice is the Savage.   I obtained a ’96 at favorable pricing and joined the ranks of the privileged.

In searching out sources of information I came upon you fellows.  I was disappointed to find that I was not the trend setter I had hoped to be and that there were pioneers before me but I rejoiced for the same reasons and for the fact that I would have guidance.

My Suzi is in transit as we “speak” and will arrive at “home” Monday morning.  She is pretty yellow, has 10K miles and saddlebags.  There is a small leak at the front of the cylinder where the head meets the jug, a small electrical challenge that prevents the signals from operating as designed (they won’t light up) and of course a gentle backfire (like a burp) upon shutdown.    

I hope a re-torque of the head will cure the leak; replacing a relay, the electrical issue and the backfire as explained within these pages.

IP Logged
Gowor
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poland
Reply #1259 - 05/10/11 at 02:31:36

Hello, everyone

My name is Greg (Grzegorz actually, but that's unpronounceable in English :-P), I am from Poland and I have a '98 Savage. I bought her last May, and so far I love this bike.

Right now I'm slowly starting to play with the wrenches, and from what I've seen I think I'll learn a lot from this board Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:25:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.