Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
2damtall
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central MA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1230 - 03/15/11 at 21:36:28

Hi from Massachusetts! Just bought a good clean used 2000 for my daughter's first bike. Thought I'd check out the forum and see what we're looking at for overall bike value, tips, etc.

She's taking the MSF basic rider's course next week, and looking forward to riding with Dad this summer. Dad btw rides a 2002 Honda shadow spirit 1100.

Current ride: 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700, Vance & Hines slipons, Chuckster's big air kit, PC5, Mustang wide touring w/rider backrest, Corbin Passenger backrest.
  IP Logged
surtees
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

los angeles
Reply #1231 - 03/15/11 at 23:38:47

thanks mg66. It was hard to part with her but definitely a MC you want to park at the top of a hill if you know what I mean (and have a manual decompression).

IP Logged
AKinengland
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1232 - 03/21/11 at 07:11:17

Hi
I am in Colchester in England I have an 1988 but I belive it has a 95 motor as it is 5 speed I have had it for about 7 years but its been off road for 4 and I have resprayed black myself and I regard it as a work in progress

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1233 - 03/22/11 at 07:24:39

Welcome new folks. It is always
great to have you join in.
We accept you whether
your old, new or used.
Oh and that goes for your
bike as well..  Grin Hugs.. kim

IP Logged
jmeade01
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1234 - 03/22/11 at 16:35:55

Hello from Pittsburgh.  i just bought my first bike- a 2001 model that needs a new seat cover and a muffler (came with a gutted out supertrapp and my neighbors hate me for it).   I love the bike so far, and this site has been a huge help already!

IP Logged
PenCapChew
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan
Reply #1235 - 03/27/11 at 19:42:03

Hello from Michigan.  Just picked up an 01 model with only 12000 miles on Friday.  Already started to tear it down and removing some things.  Can't wait for spring now baby!  I will post pics as I make progress.

BTW, lots of great write ups and info on here.  Would like to thank all who have contributed.

IP Logged
fishi8
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1236 - 03/28/11 at 11:58:18

First post here, lots of great info on here. I'm in Aurora IL. Just bought a 97 with 6500miles on it and cant wait for the weather to break

IP Logged
dustin.green1418
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1237 - 03/28/11 at 16:16:21

Hey Guys! I'm Dustin From Winnipeg up in Canada (25), i picked up my first bike last summer. 96 LS650. I drove this little guy all the way to San Francisco with my buds. This year i plan on bobbing it out. I'm sure ill have lot of questions. Great community you have here already helped me find some parts i've been looking for.

IP Logged
dustin.green1418
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1238 - 03/28/11 at 16:18:26

here is a pick of me and my bike. Just outside of yellowstone. Half way to san fran. the bike below is the direction I want to take mine.
http://i.imgur.com/zINzt.jpg

IP Logged
Fujisawa Rob

We got the thump!

Fort White, FL
Reply #1239 - 03/30/11 at 10:28:28

Hi!

I just bought my first bike, an 86 LS650. The odometer says 14k, but I don't trust it. Anyway, it's in good shape and runs great. The paint (sort of a reddish-orange) is faded in some places, particularly on top of the tank. There's a dent in the tank near the front left corner. A tear in the seat. Otherwise, it's pretty good cosmetically. Came with Suzuki branded leather saddle bags, a sissy bar, spare carb, spare chrome starter, spare stator, spare charcoal canister (all used it appears). Guy threw in a Clymer manual and a cover for it. I'm very happy with it so far. I don't have riding gear yet, so I've only tooled around the neighborhood with it, but I like it a lot.

86 Savage LS650 (no name yet Wink ) - new commuter- odo claims 14k
89 Isuzu Trooper V6 "Beniko" - spun bearing at 233k
89 Lincoln Town Car "Lucretia" - foul weather ride - 133k
  IP Logged
OE

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Panama City, FL
Reply #1240 - 03/30/11 at 13:20:02

Hello from sunny Florida!  Well, most of the time, got 3 inches of rain this morning in Panama City.  I've been lurking here for a year or so.  I thought I knew something about bikes but after reading some of the posts here I see there's a lot I don't know.  There's a lot of great information on this forum.  

I've been riding off and on for 45 years.  First bike was a used 175 BSA 2 stroke in bought in 1966.  (for real, a 2 stroke BSA.)  Didn't run worth a crap.  I've owned 2 BSAs, 3 Hondas, 3 Harleys and I my latest bike is a 1986 LS650 that I purchased in 1993 for 800 bucks.  I've only put 2000 miles on it and most of that was in the last 6 months.  I really like the little Savage, it kinda looks like a miniture Soft Tail.  Low seat so my short legs reach the ground fine.  Runs a little rough at low throttle but goes like a scalded dog at road speeds.

OE

IP Logged
Silly Ogre

Former S40 Owner

Stuarts Draft VA
Reply #1241 - 03/30/11 at 17:44:21

I have a 2006 S40 bought it after years of not owning a bike... I am from VA...The last bike I had was the first bike it was a 1982 Yamaha Exciter 250...I then started riding a bike that belonged to a friend of mine... I grew up on a Kawasaki 100 and Yamaha RT100... I thought when I started riding again I would ride a Dualsport bike...However my Dad had a cruiser and I fell in love with it...So along came the S40, it was fully decked and at a wonderful price...I have a set of controls from Ed L. being installed as I type this...I work a professional job and I have a wonderful family with twin daughters...I love to work and play harder...Life is Good...

2009 V-Star Classic 650...Silly Ogre is what one of my twin daughters call me...Guess I remind her of Shrek LOL...
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1242 - 03/30/11 at 19:13:07

welcome all!

lots of helpful folks here with lots of good info.
remember pics are always good

IP Logged
artkrhymes
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

newb here
Reply #1243 - 04/05/11 at 14:19:50

Greetings from a N. Califa HD rider... here to stir things up, ha! well i just picked up a 2001 Suzuki LS650 for my girlfriend. of course like a lot of toys bought for cheap, needs lovin. hope to make some friends and maybe even gain some knowledge on getting this bike runnin right. thanks all - cris Grin

IP Logged
savage88
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Redondo Beach, CA
Reply #1244 - 04/05/11 at 16:44:52

Hello from Sunny Southern California. I bought my '88 savage with little over 11k last summer. I been lurking this forum since than but this is my very first post. Just want to say thanks to all the great info.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:27:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.