Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
sexysavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Texas
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1215 - 02/14/11 at 13:03:34

Fuzzy....... I want it!!  Man thats nice.

IP Logged
Lunar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1216 - 02/15/11 at 15:18:15

I've been visiting this site for a month, right after I bought my first Savage.  I've really enjoyed this site and have learned a great deal about the bike from here.  I knew nothing about the Savage but came across a 1986 on CL for $100 and couldn't pass it up.  It was  in pretty rough shape, all chrome is badly pitted, all aluminium clear coat is gone, needs brakes, needs tires, needs repainting, seats are torn, needs new battery, and is overall rusty/dirty...its perfect!
So far I've:
blasted and painted the frame
cleaned and painted the engine
cleaned and painted the hubs and spokes
polished various aluminum parts (not to the level of Motobuddha)
replaced brakes
replaced tires
new battery (it's new home is in place of the charcoal canister)

IP Logged
wills
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sanford NC
Reply #1217 - 02/15/11 at 16:50:58

My name is Greg. I have a 98 savage that I got about a month ago. This site is great, I have aready found parts that I needed and alot of information.  I am 40 years old,  I was laid off from a construction related job last march and begain the motorcycle mechanics program at my local community college.  I love riding motorcycles  and 4 wheelers

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1218 - 02/16/11 at 05:22:18

Welcome to all the new folks!  You have joined a great bunch of people here.  We hope you'll stick around and share with us!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
redsav80
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Florida
Reply #1219 - 02/16/11 at 16:50:00

Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the forum. I lurked for some time to get as much info on the Savage/S40 as possible before buying. Anyway, finally picked up a 1996 Savage in relatively good condition for the year. The bike has 22000 miles and the motor is out of a 2002 with only just over 4000 miles. I can only assume that the motor replacement occured do to a lack of attention to the cam chain but don't know for certain. Anyway, Hope to be able to contribute were I can as I have some cycle repair experience and this isn't my first bike, just the first in almost 4 years. Having a blast and have racked up 250 miles in the first week already. Thanks for all the great info already.

IP Logged
HalfPint

Cumming, GA
Reply #1220 - 02/21/11 at 11:49:21

Hey Everyone!  Smiley
     I'm new to the motorcycle world, and I was lucky enough to buy my first bike mid fall of 2010. I ended up with a beautiful 1987 LS 650 Savage with only 14k on it. The only flaw on her was the previous owner went chop shop on the muffler, and thought it'd be cool to weld the exhaust as one piece and rip out the interior of the muffler. Sounded sweet, but ran horribly. I've been looking for some forum I could use to see how to go about my leaking cylinder head gasket.  Roll Eyes I found it funny the cylinder head seems to have caused an issue for a lot of people. Due to the leak I don't ride too much, and I'm still learning. After a fixed leak and a MSF class I'll be grindin up street!

1987 Pearl Savage ^_-
  IP Logged
mako_308
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

hello everyone
Reply #1221 - 02/25/11 at 08:09:41

I just bought an 2001 ls650 savage the other day, its my first motorcycle.
I would post pictures but i cant and i have some question but i cant post a video untill i post one normal post so i will make a new post.

IP Logged
truckinrider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

gulfcoast, ms
Reply #1222 - 03/06/11 at 07:52:44

Bought 06 ls650 in 07 have put 21000 miles on it to date. loved every mile so far. even if i buy another ride i will keep my Savage. Am 36 yrs old and live on the Mississipi coast. Have been ploding aroun on this site as guest for a few weeks now and find it very informative.      

IP Logged
reondadomino

TN
Reply #1223 - 03/06/11 at 19:18:27

Hello everyone! Just bought my first project bike, a 95 LS650. Super excited to build my first bobber!

Glad to have found this site! Smiley

This is what it looks like now. I'll put up pics as I go along!

Thanks!

WWW   IP Logged
HJH

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cheyenne, WY
Reply #1224 - 03/07/11 at 13:19:18

Hello from 6,000 feet elevation in Cheyenne, WY.  I just bought a Savage '03 with 3,500 miles, after having a GZ250 melt down with some sort of over-heating problem to the point it is now parts.  This is my 20th motorcycle since 1970.
I am a 65 year old retired ex-motocrosser/enduro and trail rider/game biologist with a twice-repaired football/basketball knee, weird motocross rib Xrays, and a titanium shoulder from too much football, baseball, and softball who still needs the speed rush.  I never bought a motorcycle that didn't need "fixing", so based on SuzukiSavage.com I ordered parts yesterday after buying the bike the day before.  
Glad to see a bunch of you have already done the work to get more out of the Savage.  Having the GZ sign out at about 55 mph was getting old, but all things considered I'd rather have sold it than melted it.

Silver '02, Dyna, Raptor Petcock, VM carb at 6000 ft, Q2 needle, 12.5 pilot, 170 main, UFO, Verslavy, Pirelli 150/90, Plexistar 2 Windshield, K&N filter, Tourmaster II bag, Progressive Shocks
  IP Logged
bdub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Mexico
Reply #1225 - 03/08/11 at 17:07:59

Hi, I'm from the Albuquerque, NM area...at 7500 feet elevation.  I have about 7000 miles on my Savage.  Been riding it since about 2006, and bought it with about 600 miles on it.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1226 - 03/08/11 at 18:12:44

welcome all

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1227 - 03/09/11 at 20:48:28

Welcome to all the new folks. Nice you found us.
Make sure you post a pic of yourself and your bike.
It's great to have you join us.. Hugs... Smiley kim

IP Logged
surtees
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

los angeles
Reply #1228 - 03/09/11 at 22:42:32

Hi All: First a big thanks to all who have posted such useful stuff on this site. I have not been riding for some years and was looking around for the right bike and when I heard there was this big single still being made that about did it - then a bit of reading here and a ride cinched it. Just picked up an 06 in great condition and having the fun you all know about.

I am actually a thumper lover from way back - pic below is my old '52 AJS 250 single - bought in 1970 and had it for almost 30 years... it was running probably half that time and finally couldn't face another rebuild and parts hunt so sold it with the idea to find a simple and soulful bike (with left side shift). Nice to know you all.

« Last Edit: 03/10/11 at 22:13:18 by surtees »  
  IP Logged
mg66
YaBB Newbies

Never, never enough
miles ...

Reply #1229 - 03/14/11 at 04:34:11

That AJS is sweeet!

mg66 (FIGJAM) ... Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul. ~ Author Unknown
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:12:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.