Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Would you be interested in a section for trikes & sidecars?

Make it a stand alone section.  
  0 (0%)
Add it to the modification area  
  1 (100%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: easymoney on: 02/07/24 at 14:54:42 »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41255 times)
Malcontent
YaBB Newbies

You know I don't
like to think.

Cedar Park, TX
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #120 - 03/31/08 at 08:42:49

I found that thread right after my intro last night and PMed him right away.

Amazing.

Malcontent steedstoaster   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #121 - 03/31/08 at 10:26:16

There's a good bunch of users here, which makes for a great site.  I think it helps that the Savage attracts a certain personallity type.  I'm sure you'll fit in fine.   (That is not a compliment.)

WWW   IP Logged
MAYES
YaBB Newbies

The SAVAGE beast!!!

Ohio
Reply #122 - 03/31/08 at 18:16:44

Hey Everyone,I found this site and was really interested. I have been reading some of the post and think this site is great.I recently bought a 1997 savage w/7000 miles on it.I look forward to talking with you all,and thanks for letting me join you guys. Cool

97 Savage stright pipe,One loud thumper.
  IP Logged
freestyler
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #123 - 04/01/08 at 09:48:15

hello everyone im freestyler i'm living in holland and im glad te join youre club i just bought my own savage and i have just put special painting on it but i dont know how to put a picture on this forum
so if anyone have time to explain it to me feel free to do so

IP Logged
Twisty
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #124 - 04/03/08 at 17:06:51

Hello, just registered and looks like I need to introduce myself.  Just bought a fixer upper 2000 Savage about three weeks ago, and it's really starting to look like something now, heh.  

I'm new to riding, and got my endorsement last year after taking the MSF course.  Have been riding a little Suzuki 100 until now.  Lot's of great information on these forums and I've been lurking since before I even bought my bike.  The technical section is great, so a big thank you to everyone here for that.  

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #125 - 04/04/08 at 09:49:44

Welcome!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
machz54
YaBB Newbies

toronto,canada
Reply #126 - 04/04/08 at 19:41:27

Hi everyone my name is Dave, I'm 53 and live in Toronto,and am one of the so called underworked and overpaid autoworkers,Really live in Brampton just so any locals will know but T.O is close enough..have lots of hobbies including ,hunting fishing woodworking metal working ,up until last spring my favorite pastime was snowmobiling and I ride a 2007 Ski doo MachZ 1000,170+hp of scare the crap out of ya fun...thus the name..  
 Started biking as a kid when my mom bought me a used Honda 55 cub ,rode it for a few years and up graded all the way to a 67 100 yamaha and rode it all the way thru highschool...bought my first new bike just after I got married in76 it was a 750 suziki ''water buffalo'' any one out there ever have one? great bike sold it way to soon because I was real poor...
  Now on to the present. Last spring I impulse bought a 83 Suzuki tempter thinking my wife and I could have some fun.. after one ride together we realized it really was to small for both of us and that it was a hunk of well you know..so I bought her a 2003 250 Suzuki and realized after one good ride that it was to under powered so I sold the tempter and traded in the 250 and bought a pair of new 07 650's.I think that these are the greatest bikes for pure fun I have ever ridden.
 We bought a travel trailer that will carry the bikes and planning to tour eastern Canada and US this year using the trailer as home base and going exploring with the bikes should be a blast...
  Made a few mods to my bikes mainly the seat on mine bought a used rider seat last wknd at swap meet and modified it to fit my bike and most important my tushy ..hope it works ...the seat is my only complaint..next project is to make, buy, modify,and install a center stand on both bikes will keep you updated  on what i come up with..its a shame we can't all get together for a big ride but I guess this will have to do for now     Dave

IP Logged
machz54
YaBB Newbies

toronto,canada
Reply #127 - 04/04/08 at 19:44:46

wasn't sure about the tushy bit sorry

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #128 - 04/04/08 at 19:50:14

I had a suzuki 750 water buffalo and a 650 Tempter

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
machz54
YaBB Newbies

toronto,canada
Reply #129 - 04/04/08 at 20:09:29

whitch  one did you like best?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #130 - 04/04/08 at 20:14:40

The 750 was high seat for me,I like the 650 gr really had a good ride my wife had one too I geared them for a 1000 less rpm,pulled good in high from 45 mph best mpg on trip was 68

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
machz54
YaBB Newbies

toronto,canada
Reply #131 - 04/04/08 at 20:27:18

I know I liked the 750 best just loved the way the 2 stroke would wind out if you had the guts to hold it and lay down ..way fast

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #132 - 04/08/08 at 10:29:56

machz54 wrote on 04/04/08 at 19:41:27:
...next project is to make, buy, modify,and install a center stand on both bikes will keep you updated  on what i come up with...

Welcome Dave.  Definitely keep us posted on that project.  Once you're successful, a "how-to" thread in the Tech Ref forum would be appreciated for anyone else who'd like a center stand.  The subject has come up before but I'm not aware of anyone who's actually undertaken it.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
- Mike -
YaBB Newbies

SLC, UT
Reply #133 - 04/08/08 at 11:13:55

Hi All!
New to the forum.  I just bought an 1987 savage as a project bike.  It doesn't run yet so I may be in for it, but we'll see Smiley  So far it looks like most of the issues are from lack of use, but it has been mostly garaged and looks to be in good shape.

My primary motorcycle is an '06 1100 vstar classic and my wife has an '05 650 vstar classic.

Wish me luck!
--Mike

1987 Savage | Stock | Not Running (a project bike has to start somewhere Wink )
2006 1100 VStar Classic | seat, pipes, pods, bars and lowered.
  IP Logged
oiramagev
Ex Member

Reply #134 - 04/10/08 at 16:40:14

Hello people. Ive been reading this forum for a while and it has helped me to decide and almost obsess over getting a savage. It will be my first motorcycle and i love the way they look and sound and almost everything about them. Now if i could just find one to buy! I think i may have a lead on one this weekend so wish me luck. If it doesn't work out for me and anyone in the eastern north carolina area (greenville) has a savage for sale let me know. I am willing to spend around $2,000 so hook me up. I am looking forward to reading a lot more on this forum and hopefully meeting up and riding with some of you people in my area. Later.

Mario Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 10:07:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.