Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1185 - 01/08/11 at 17:19:37

Hi Kristy, welcome to the forum. Nice looking as well as great choice of bike you have. All the best in years of riding.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
budge
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

North Central Maryland
Reply #1186 - 01/16/11 at 10:58:53

Hello and thanks for such a good place to learn about the S-40.  The world of two wheelers used to be rather simple and is now quite a bit more modern and complicated, so I'm sure this site will be valuable to me in the future.  Thanks again      

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #1187 - 01/18/11 at 19:36:51

Welcome budge,
As modern bikes go, the Savage/s40 is about as simple as they come.  And you don't have to mess with points  Wink  

The only time I couldn't get my Savage to start, had redone the battery hookups and wired in a horn relay w/super-loud horn.  I pulled the seat and tank off, checked over all the stuff that could possibly have broke.  Finally deduced that I must've fried the brain-box... looked up the cost of a new one and just about choked on my breakfast burrito.

Only after all that did I notice the kill switch was flipped  Roll Eyes

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1188 - 01/19/11 at 09:23:25

welcome all.

This site is invaluable resource, I remember I had a problem putting something back together, posted a comment, and had almost instantaneous answers.  If someone doesn't know it, they will direct you to an answer or commisurate because they had the same/similar problem.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1189 - 01/20/11 at 10:03:32

TheSnakeLady wrote on 01/08/11 at 13:35:14:
Name's Kristy, I live in Central New York with my jack-ass of a fiance(he was screwing with me while I was trying to post this sooo...), LOL.  I'm 26 and I just started riding last year, took the rider course and got my license.  I bought a 2005 suzuki LS650 before I even had my license, great bike to learn on.  Here's a pic of the bike however I (we've) since put some extras on the bike such as a harley exhaust, ISO grips, throttle lock... but gives you the general idea  

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/the_snake_ladys_pics/Photo0075.jpg
Well, take care all, and be safe when riding! Wink

Hey Kristy, Welcome to you!  I clicked on the link in your signature, nice looking stuff!  What's your association with them?  

Oh, and I can teach you how to smack the crap outta him if he bothers you while on this forum.   Grin  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Grmi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1190 - 01/21/11 at 08:42:35

My name is Noah, hailing from Grand Rapids, MI.  I'm not a Savage owner yet, but should have that remedied sooner rather than later.  I have been shopping for bikes for a while and have concluded that the Savage is the bike for me.  I would love to hear from other rides, especially people from West MI.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1191 - 01/21/11 at 09:20:17

Grmi

The Savage is hard not to Love !!! I like my 96 Savage more that my 04 Harley --- it's just more FUN !

I've had a lot of bikes and the Savage is Easy to Ride and Hard to tear-up.   And matainance is a snap ... couldn't be simpler and more strait forward.    

Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
kawboyCAFE
YaBB Newbies

uhh....well....

hello
Reply #1192 - 01/24/11 at 10:06:25

hey everybody. i am new here, and thought i would say hello. i am going to be getting my savage in a month or so, and i thought i would get a jump start here on the forum. i have a 2009 ninja 250 right now, dont know if i will keep it or get rid of it once i get my savage. i have been slumming around here for awhile reading some posts. i am not new to motorcycles, this will be my 17th bike i have owned, although a couple of them might not count because they never ran. anyway, nice to meet everyone, and i hope to give and recieve alot of good info.

thanks.

kawboyCAFE   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: hello
Reply #1193 - 01/24/11 at 10:42:47

Hey back at ya Kawboycafe... Welcome and feel free to post pics of your bike, bikes as well as you with them.
Great bunch of folks here and you won't find any better looking or knowledgeable folks than here.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #1194 - 01/24/11 at 10:47:34

Yep, the Ninja 250 is probably everyone's 2nd favorite bike around here!  Wink

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #1195 - 01/24/11 at 10:57:18

No crotch rocket for me,Rode one once worst riding position of all bikes.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
kawboyCAFE
YaBB Newbies

uhh....well....

Reply #1196 - 01/24/11 at 11:13:19

bill67 wrote on 01/24/11 at 10:57:18:
No crotch rocket for me,Rode one once worst riding position of all bikes.

mines not that bad really. i put 1" handlebar risers, and lowered the rear 2". doesnt really set that bad now. more upright. different, but not bad.

kawboyCAFE   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

new member and new owner of a S40
Reply #1197 - 01/21/11 at 17:30:52

Hello everyone.  Last week I bought a 2005 S40 with about 2k miles on it, one owner.  It was traded in at a dealership in excellent condition.  I have been reading through many of the threads on this forum and find this to be one of the best forums I have ever seen.  I am not new to bikes but I haven't ridden in many years.  

My S40 hasn't been delivered yet due to the terrible weather, snow storms etc.  But when it does get here I plan to put some Seafoam in it and some fresh gas and change the oil and filter. Then, based on what I have read here and elswhere, I will make up some spacers and raise the seat and adjust the shifter because the seating position does seem a bit awkward to me.  Next I'll take out that carburetor plug and adjust for better low speed performance.  I am old school and with all the reports of fuel shut off malfunctions I think I will replace or modify that also.

After that I was thinking of doing the half spacer modification on the main jet of the carb but opinion seems a little mixed on that topic.  What do you think?

I am looking forward to it all.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: new member and new owner of a S40
Reply #1198 - 01/21/11 at 17:44:44

If you are going to leave it stock,.. it's jetted okay for above a 1500ft elevation...
If you're at sea level, or plan to put on a Dyna muffler, K/N filter... I'd probably re-jet...

Congratulations, and hope you enjoy your new ride...
Welcome to the site.
Keep the shiny side up...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: new member and new owner of a S40
Reply #1199 - 01/21/11 at 19:33:11

Welcome engineer (we could use some more of those Wink )

What branch? I'm civil.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:16:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.