Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Daeldren
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SC
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1170 - 11/21/10 at 10:41:17

Well I did it, picked up a 97 savage with 6500 miles on her ($850).  Needs some tlc thats for sure but she cranks right up after jump starting her.  Already picked up a new battery and will be replacing tires soon.  Typical oil leak and such but I can fix those, seems like the usual savage stuff.

« Last Edit: 11/22/10 at 17:29:56 by Daeldren »  
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1171 - 11/22/10 at 19:33:43

Looks like you got a nice deal Daeldron.  Welcome!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #1172 - 12/06/10 at 12:46:26

Hello to everyone in Savage/s40 land.
I go by the handle "Driller" and live in Tryon, NC. We like to say around here that "the roads begin to gain altitude and attitude". There are enough curves around to make you dizzy. The BRP and the "Dragon" are not far and riding is possible nearly every month of the year.
I just brought a '96 Yellow Savage home last Thursday. It is my 8th THUMPER and my first "Cruiser" style bike.
I have been back riding actively since 2000 after deciding I did not have to act like a grown up any more. Grin I quickly developed an acute case of M.B.D. (Multiple Bike Disorder) and have been trying to make up for lost time. Going through a number of different bikes like a rooster going through the hen house has been fun!
This big square single is a real kick and has a character all it's own.
As one fellow said...it is just a "good honest motorcycle that provides the essence of moto riding".
None of my bikes have been purchased new and usually have come from the "scratch and dent" section. Makes it easier to not get so upset when another battle scar appears. Roll Eyes
This "Yaller" one came to me with just under 7000 miles, good rubber and a Supertrapp pipe. Looks like there may be a little seeping of oil in the usual place around the head. If you squint a bit you can't see the little marks that have accumulated over the last 14 years. Essentially it only needs to be ridden and I will happily give it some needed road time if it will warm up.
So here it is.....taa,daa!

Daeldren, I called about the bike you just found and the fellow said it was already gone and he had not yet deleted the listing. You can't be far from here..get it squared away and come ride.

This forum is packed with loads of useful information and is a terrific resource for owners of this neat model "Zook". Look forward to hanging around for a long time. Thanks to all!
THUMP ON!
Mike

« Last Edit: 01/11/11 at 12:55:31 by Driller »  

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
sexombob
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1173 - 12/07/10 at 18:33:26

Savage rider from new york city.

This is my little workhorse, stock 97 LS650 Smiley

Anyone have a recommendation for straighter bars that rise up a bit.  I much prefer the bars on the newer S40.  

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1174 - 12/08/10 at 05:28:56

Looks like a nice ride sexombob.  

Handlebars will swap with the new S40 drag bars and risers easily.  Post a thread in The Marketplace, someone may be willing to swap with you, or someone may have a spare set you can grab.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

Driller - I have a soft spot for the yellow bikes for some reason.  Not a big yellow fan overall, but I think its sexy on these bikes!  Good choice you made.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1175 - 12/08/10 at 08:13:59

Welcome to all the new folks. Great pics you provided of your bikes. You not only have a great bike, you have found the best forum one could ever hope to find.
Sexombob,  good luck on finding the replacement bars your looking for. Keep searching the Marketplace section as others are willing to make trades or sell theirs. Oh and get in on the scavenger hunts if you can.. Hugs.. kim Smiley

IP Logged
Dooley
YaBB Newbies

Palm Harbor, FL
Introductions and thank you
Reply #1176 - 12/25/10 at 20:49:00

I just wanted to introduce my self and say thanks for all the information so far.

I have been reading this site for the past few days because I have been looking to buy a bike and an s40 has been one of my options. I purchased my 2006 s40 the other day and so far I could not be happier. Thanks to the information I got here I knew what to expect ahead of time. Thanks to you guys I did not freak out the first time I heard a backfire.

Thanks again ,
Dooley

IP Logged
Lupo

Re: Introductions and thank you
Reply #1177 - 12/25/10 at 22:21:30

Enjoy! Great bike.

IP Logged
Dooley
YaBB Newbies

Palm Harbor, FL
Re: Introductions and thank you
Reply #1178 - 12/25/10 at 23:44:43

thanks and I will. Just rode thru the rain and wind to get home. And all is well.

Sorry for posting in the wrong place I did not see the introduction thread until after this post

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #1179 - 12/26/10 at 00:35:35

Welcome and this is a problem I can fix.

WWW   IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #1180 - 12/30/10 at 19:39:46

Just like to say hello to all the members here. Just bought a 2007 S40, white. Also have a 2003 GZ250.  New to riding and lovin it. Can ride all year here...in the sunny state of florida.  Cool

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1181 - 12/31/10 at 16:53:45

Congrats on the new (to you) bike, and welcome! Cheesy
I'm currently at 32° and jealous of your temps down there. Grin  Still may bundle up and go for a ride tomorrow though, if it doesn't look to be slick. Undecided

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
crackmonkey
YaBB Newbies

nothing to see here.
 keep moving

Hagerstown, MD
Reply #1182 - 01/04/11 at 17:57:45

Hey peoples.

Name is Ryan,  

big into old VWs.  currently have a dune buggy but it is on the back burner for a while.  I help moderate www.volksrods.com I am going to be working on my savage for a while.

had my savage for 4 years or so but have not put it on the road.  it is a 95 with under 10k miles on it.  it was my ex father in laws.  he gave it to me when he decided he could not ride anymore.  everytime i see him he is asking me when i am going to start riding it.  so it is time to get it moving.  

I am a pretty tall guy so currently the only modification is the removal of the handlebars and i replaced them with some drag bars.   It will be changing more though because i have decided to cafe' it.  lots of stuff will be coming off and being sold to help pay for the conversion.  when i get the bike inside i will start a build thread

IP Logged
Cbc629
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
does Rock!

Reply #1183 - 01/05/11 at 18:28:57

Hello to all here -
I have been looking for a good resource for my new bike and really feel fortunate to have found such a valuable forum.  Great insight, member input and organized content for a newbie like me.

It's been 25yrs since I've regularly ridden a motorbike and recently purchased a stock 2007 S40 (black) with just over 1,700 miles. 2nd owner. I'll post pics soon.

So Hello & Thank you in advance for your help.

Cbc629  

2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40 stock
proud 2nd owner
  IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Reply #1184 - 01/08/11 at 13:35:14

Name's Kristy, I live in Central New York with my jack-ass of a fiance(he was screwing with me while I was trying to post this sooo...), LOL.  I'm 26 and I just started riding last year, took the rider course and got my license.  I bought a 2005 suzuki LS650 before I even had my license, great bike to learn on.  Here's a pic of the bike however I (we've) since put some extras on the bike such as a harley exhaust, ISO grips, throttle lock... but gives you the general idea  

Well, take care all, and be safe when riding! Wink

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:13:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.