Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
BC-Savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1155 - 10/16/10 at 23:22:44

Hi from Delta BC, Canada.
I just picked up a winter Bobber Project.
After looking at several different types of bikes I settled on a Savage for it's "Bob-a-bility".
Great site you guys have here.
Hope to see you around.
-Paul

IP Logged
Hemisportster
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1156 - 10/21/10 at 20:17:23

Hi to all from northern Michigan.  Just signed up tonight although I'm a Harley rider. My girlfriend has a 2003 Savage so I thought I would be able to find out a few things for her.  She doesn't have the internet.  I must say that the Savage is a nice little ride. Plenty of zip and easy to handle.  She previously had a Honda Shadow but it was a bit much for her as she is vertically challenged. I'll be sharing the information from the forum with her. Looking forward to chatting with fellow riders.  Ride safe all.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1157 - 10/22/10 at 06:22:45

Welcome to the new folks!  Join in, share your experiences, and learn with us.

Hemi - being a Harley guy, please don't take offense if you happen to read any Harley-negative comments.  We tend to joke about Harleys on occasion and of course there are some who don't like them, but there are many here who have them too.  All in good fun....   Smiley    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Daeldren
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SC
Reply #1158 - 10/24/10 at 11:38:06

Hey everyone, this sweet used 09 s40 in great shape has been calling me for the last two months at the local dealer. Seriously thinking about trading in my 08 ninja on her, mostly I want something more relaxed but torquier and as nimble as the ninja.  

Anyways if I do pick her up this would be my 4th bike now and my first cruiser/thumper.  I could see keeping the savage around for a while due to its ease of use and maintenance.

IP Logged
OntheBoulevard
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1159 - 10/24/10 at 18:21:38

I introduced myself on "Rubber Side Down", not knowing this was here, so if you want to know a little more about look there. Basically I'm a 53 year old guy with my first bike. I got the 2006 Boulevard I believe on the 8th of September, and after getting a new battery (which was nice and dead as soon as I got it home from the dealer), I started riding on the 14th. We have a local boat ramp parking lot, and I had my buddy ride it out there. I rode it there in the parking lot, for about an hour, and was still too leery of the whole process to actually ride it home the 8 miles. Well, as of today, that was just about 1500 miles ago. I followed the same buddy on his 1200 Sportster today 136 miles. About 3/4 of it was curves and hills. It was actually fun today doing the curves. I followed him the other day for about 100 miles of mostly curves, and I was a nervous wreck through most of it. I knew that if I could just allow myself to flow naturally through the curves, and not fight them tooth and nail from fear, that things would get better and the 100 miles of butt pucker would probably go away. I rode another time after that mostly on highways, and enjoyed it, but was dreading the curves again. I decided today, that unless my buddy's brake lights came on, I was not putting mine on. I knew that he was not going to blast through curves to start with if I wasn't there, and definitely not, knowing I was there. I had to get it through my head, that he is making through the curves at the speed he is going, so the curves can actually be taken faster than he is going. That means, that if I'm at his speed or slightly under, I will make it safely through the curves. What do you know, it worked! I actually enjoyed myself throughout the whole ride. That's the first time in these 1500 miles, that has ever happened. It was 74 degrees down here in Southern Ohio, and I doubt they'll be another one this year, so I made the most of it. Riding in a T Shirt at almost Halloween was special. I have been making myself ride through towns, and creep in traffic and all that, because I need that training, as much as I do curves. I told my uncle last night, whose been riding all his life, that the thing I was having the most trouble with, was making 90 degree turns on to a side street, or making a 90 degree turn to the right from a stop sign. He said "that never gets easier". So, that made me feel a little better. I started his 2002 Fat Boy in his garage, and that was a religious experience. Pure growling an roaring bliss! Of course,he said I could take it out for a spin, but I declined for now. I'm not ready for that much bike yet. Maybe never, I don't know. My buddy offered to let me ride his 1200 for part of the trip today, but I'm not ready for it quite yet either. But, if he asks me again  this Spring, he'll probably get a different answer. Wink

IP Logged
fuzzy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Little Chute, WI
Reply #1160 - 10/29/10 at 08:03:09

Greetings all.  Thought I would drop in to post a proper intro.  I just finished up a low mileage 01' chop with knowledge I gained from lurking here.  I like and ride all types of bikes, my daily is a modified 04' Triumph Bonnie T100, which is pure awesome on wheels.  I chose the Savage beause thumpers are awesome and I wanted a light, nimble, low cost and reliable mount.  I look forward to chiming in and offering my knowledge on the rare occurance that I actually know what I am talking about Smiley  

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #1161 - 10/29/10 at 08:09:19

fuzzy wrote on 10/29/10 at 08:03:09:
Greetings all.  Thought I would drop in to post a proper intro.  I just finished up a low mileage 01' chop with knowledge I gained from lurking here.  I like and ride all types of bikes, my daily is a modified 04' Triumph Bonnie T100, which is pure awesome on wheels.  I chose the Savage beause thumpers are awesome and I wanted a light, nimble, low cost and reliable mount.  I look forward to chiming in and offering my knowledge on the rare occurance that I actually know what I am talking about Smiley  

Fuzzy, that's a good looking bike there. Glad to see a bobber done up in a bright color like gold. Looks good and clean. Enjoy it, and BTW, what neck of the woods are you from?

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
fuzzy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Little Chute, WI
Reply #1162 - 10/29/10 at 09:20:32

Oops!  I'll have to update my info, I'm 20 minutes south of Green Bay.  EJID, the paint is just VHT gold flake engine paint, nothing fancy but its tuff as nails.

IP Logged
championbaum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1163 - 11/01/10 at 19:17:49

Hey, I just bought a savage, been a year since I sold my 75 Ironhead. probably going to start beating this bike up like I have done to all my other, character you know. I think I am a moderately capable mechanic, sometimes. I built the last bike from an old junker I bought for around 1000 bucks. probably put another few thousand in honestly. I am going to try to do all the mods on the savage as cheap as i can so you guys tips will be invaluable for sure!

first thing exhaust and if needed rejet! so i will start lurking!!! whahahahaha

IP Logged
championbaum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1164 - 11/01/10 at 19:18:45

here is the old bike. i miss it...

IP Logged
championbaum
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1165 - 11/01/10 at 19:30:45

and the new bike, thats my lady friends mom on it in the second one.....
sorry about the multiple posts there.

IP Logged
dan_s28
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1166 - 11/03/10 at 07:47:23

Hello All,
Glad to be an owner of an '02 Savage, as of yesterday. I read this board for about a week before my purchase - actually had the petcock issue on the way home from buying the bike, at about 70mph on I95 between Brunswick & Savannah. Thanks to this forum, i did not panic - even though motor cut off and I had to pull over in a median between on ramp lane and traffic. Started back up and cruised at 65 or less home, no issues. - Thanks to you all for that knowledge!

2 time Iraq vet (GA Army National Guard), have owned a crotch rocket, old ironhead, broken nighthawk. I am looking forward to riding this thumper.

I enjoy the bikes on ratbike.org so i may go a different route than shiny chrome - we'll see.
My bike is silver, and it is a "pretty" bike, but not me - so olive drab or flat black this weekend.

-Dan

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #1167 - 11/03/10 at 11:57:37

Welcome, send a picture when you're done.

IP Logged
shercas
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1168 - 11/17/10 at 15:37:11

Hello
 I think  I did  it, ssome years ago, but not sure,  my name is Sergio, I'm writing  From Center of Mexico, My city  is named IRAPUATO and  is well know as Strawberries worl class producer.

I Own a Savage 1986, in very well conditiions, it's with me since 4 year ago, (last two I didn't  ride it)   I'm  hiting the road again and
 I would like  share  with all you.  

Regards

Shercas

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #1169 - 11/17/10 at 20:17:27

bienvenida Sergio and all new Savage riders!

FSO
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:26:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.