Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Toymaker
Serious Thumper

Dragon Rider

Granite Falls, NC
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1140 - 08/30/10 at 02:32:50

Welcome and you will really enjoy the Savage/S-40.  Tis a good bike...and easy to wrench.

T

Because I can!
  IP Logged
Tokiha
YaBB Newbies

California
Reply #1141 - 09/11/10 at 21:37:43

hello all,
Just recently purchased a 2001 savage and learning to ride it as my first street bike. Nice to see all the helpful posts on this site.

2001 Savage
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1142 - 09/12/10 at 02:28:15

Tokiha wrote on 09/11/10 at 21:37:43:
hello all,
Just recently purchased a 2001 savage and learning to ride it as my first street bike. Nice to see all the helpful posts on this site.

howdy   welcome to the site
this is a fun and very useful bike to own & ride

IP Logged
BarneyBWilde

Adrenaline does it
every time!

Down by the Gulf in Texas!
Reply #1143 - 09/14/10 at 05:17:34

Hello, got my la thumpa yesterday!  Black 03 Savage!  Actually, the seller referred me to this site.  This site is awesome, I read post all yesterday morning before I got the bike and I must say this board is filled with some very useful information.   My name is Marc, and I live South of Houston. I have never rode a bike so I figured this would be the perfect one for me the price was right as well $1500!  I look forward to more reading and more posting!  

Later on guys!

-Marc

WWW   IP Logged
sgtsampay
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1144 - 09/14/10 at 05:44:09

Hello All. I live in Central Maine, and I'm wanting to upgrade from my current Honda Rebel to a larger bike this winter. I keep coming back to the Suzuki Savage and this place seems to be the place for me to gather lots of data about it. Smiley

IP Logged
luvmy2009
Ex Member

Reply #1145 - 09/24/10 at 13:07:35

Hi, I just joined today! I have been lurking for a while tho! I learned to ride last summer, my husband taught me. I thought it was something I needed to do after our only child served 5 years in the USMC, and did 2 tours in Iraq, & miraculously survived an incident that his best friend was not able to. Needless to say, parents go through a lot too while their kids are deployed. I was a MESS, and decided that I needed to really stretch myself, as I was becoming reclusive and withdrawn, to say the least.
I started out on a pretty white pearl Rebel 250, and spent my whole time shifting and trying to get up to speed it seems! I stumbled across a showroom condition 1996 Kawasaki Eliminator 600, inline 4, incredible machine....thought I would give it a try....traded in the Rebel. That Eliminator was so fast I scared myself. I couldn't relax on it, ergonomically I was leaning on the handlebars and throttle, that bike rode me! I am (5'2, female, mother of a 26 year old!) I sat on the Suzuki S40 in the showroom, and knew I had found my match! The 75 lb weight difference was a nice change too. It fits PERFECTLY, and I ride it now, it doesn't take me for a ride! My husband rides the big Suzuki LC 1500, so when I want to just enjoy the view, I hitch a ride with him. I am looking forward to changing my own oil and such, but she is so pretty I am leaving her just as she is. Well, maybe a windshield.....My husband thinks it's a perfect bike, and loves the simplicity... I didn't realize it didn't have a tripmeter when I bought it, I have learned to remember the mileage when I fill it up.
I only have ridden my S40 about 400 miles so far, Seattle sort of got gypped on good summer weather, hoping Fall will bring some good riding days! GREAT WEBSITE, I am glad I finally joined. Great info on here, and love looking at the pictures and admiring the talent! Neat bikes.....
Joni

« Last Edit: 09/24/10 at 15:42:05 by luvmy2009 »  
  IP Logged
bikergirluk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

bristol UK
Reply #1146 - 09/26/10 at 08:22:51

Hi all, 44 year old lady biker from Bristol UK.  Bought my first Savage last year and have been tinkering ever since!!  Have been riding since around 1992 and have had a lot of bikes, specifically Yamaha xj650 Maxim x4, Yamaha xj 900 and a Yamaha V MAX.  Also owned several Kawasaki z750's and an old Honda 400/4 supersport...

Must say the Savage sure is a cool little bike, handles like a dream, and since I dropped a valve recently and had to do an engine strip down and replacement, must confess to being extremely intimate with the little bike now!!!  Awesome site, couldn't have done it without you guys!  Ride safe brothers and sisters Smiley

Its better to be scared to death than bored to death....

There's ALWAYS a Plan B!!
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #1147 - 09/26/10 at 18:04:52

Been a reader for a few months now and figured i might as well introduce myself now.  I bought a 2001 savage with 3000 miles on it in may and have truly enjoyed riding it ever since.  I grew up on dirt bikes and a couple years ago began riding an enduro on the street to get used to it but this savage is a dream compared to that!  I thoroughly enjoy reading all the tips and ideas that everyone has and have already used a couple myself, ie...the seat lift with the spacers in the front and the carb plug removal...Right now i am debating whether or not to turn it into a bobber..love the looks of it but my son who is 7 loves to ride with me and would be bummed if I did this.  Thanks to everyone who makes this site work! I look forward to many years of ideas and tips.

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #1148 - 09/27/10 at 16:59:47

Welcome Joni, I'm happy you found your match,I am a shortass to so the Savage was Ideal for me. So is your Son all through with the Marines now ? I hope so , I was in the Army and I never realized how much our parents go through.
It does sound like you are getting a handle on it ,you do what you have to ,and if a nice bike does the trick for you , so be it.
Good luck and welcome to our site, pictures are allways nice.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #1149 - 09/27/10 at 17:10:08

BarneyBWilde wrote on 09/14/10 at 05:17:34:
Hello, got my la thumpa yesterday!  Black 03 Savage!  Actually, the seller referred me to this site.  This site is awesome, I read post all yesterday morning before I got the bike and I must say this board is filled with some very useful information.   My name is Marc, and I live South of Houston. I have never rode a bike so I figured this would be the perfect one for me the price was right as well $1500!  I look forward to more reading and more posting!  

Later on guys!

-Marc

Hi Marc,welcome to our site ,sounds like you got a good deal $1500 for an 03,what kind of milage ? general condition ? are you going to take the course for new riders ,I think just about everyone on this site has iether taken it or at least agree it is a good thing to do,also lowers your insurance costs.
A little warning please do not visit "you must be this tall to sit at this table" it is basicly religion and polotics, if that is not you cup of tea,
rather than offend you or any other newbee just don't click on it, it is meant for old grumps like me.
Enjoy your new steed Marc. Ride with pride,and make sure it's beetween your legs.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
conrod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Caringbah Sydney Australia
Reply #1150 - 10/14/10 at 02:45:43

Hallo, 57 years young mid life crisis bikie from Sydney Australia (we have bikie's down here not biker's)
Any way this is my 10th bike and third cruiser, picked her up Saturday and rode 202 k back home, didnt miss a beat just sent me deaf. Changed the muffler sat night and pumped up the rear tire, was 15psi, amazing how much better she handles now.
For some reason the site wont let me post a photo despite it only being 128kb,,am I holding my mouth incorrectly????    ,anyway check out Conrod53 on bikepics.com for photos

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1151 - 10/14/10 at 07:41:15

Welcome conrod!  Not sure that we have any other Aussies!

Pics - if you use bikepics, you have to use the link from your bikepics account (or Photobucket, or any other hosting site) to copy here.  
This site has been full for a long time, so they have to be external.  

Is this yours?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
conrod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1152 - 10/14/10 at 13:02:13

Dear Babyhog
Yes thats mine,  where did you find i??? I tried to post and resized a few times but each time I was told "its too big"

IP Logged
conrod
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1153 - 10/14/10 at 13:04:24

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1154 - 10/15/10 at 05:58:11

Yes, your bikepics member page is where I found it.  I am a bikepics member too.  I just searched for your name.  Then found the picture I posted.

For your picture to show, open the picture, right click on the pic, then click on properties.  Highlight and Copy the URL link (in this case "http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2010/10/09/bikepics-2075654-800.jpg").  Then click on the third icon "Insert Image" -- (above the box when you are composing a post)  Insert the URL between the IMG brackets, and hit Preview at the bottom.  If the picture shows, then you've done it right...  Post!

As you can see above, if you don't use the "IMG" tags, the link will still be there, it just won't show the image.  Good luck!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:19:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.