Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1095 - 06/20/10 at 22:58:41

Congrats Tracy, my wife has a red 06 and she get's a lot of compliments also. Even more when she sides the bike. Sorry, couldn't help myself. This site is great for advice and performance tips. Hey, does your bike back fire like the older models.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #1096 - 06/20/10 at 23:03:17

You are going to love it even more Tracy, once you get some more experience. Just take it slow and easy. With practice you will soon be looking for longer and more challenging trips. The bike is a great one to learn on and can handle  all kinds of street ridding. You would be hard pressed to find  better bike than the S40 for scooting around the city. When you are ready for a road trip the S40 can do that too. If you take the time to explore this forum, you will be able to scope out the bikes week points (every make of bike has them). The great thing about this forum is that there are people who have many years experience ridding and working on the Savage/S40. They are generous enough to share this with anyone who asks. I had an '08 S40 for 2 years and loved it. My needs have changed and I now have bigger bike, but still think anyone who gets Savage/s40 has made a great choice.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Reply #1097 - 06/20/10 at 23:12:17

Thanks!
She hasn't backfired yet, but I'm waiting to see if she does. Had to laugh, I drove her home from the shop and then drove her around town to see some friends and show her off. Then I realize the shop didn't put a full tank of gas in, and I didn't check it for myself, I just ASSumed they had filled it. That won't happen again. On reserve, I went to the gas station quick -- and of course declined the car wash. Giggle!

Got some minor lower back pain, so I might consider changing the seat.

A strong man sails by ash breeze.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1098 - 06/21/10 at 03:09:59

What ? ?  No wash ? ?

There's nothing like a little foamy spray to wake you up in the morning !
Welcome to the Savage/S40 world.

This is a remarkable bike and the longer you ride it the more you will see how it truly unique it is.
It will do most anything you want of it and do so with very little effort.

The tweaks and mod's done by some other owners here to make it a bit more comfortable and efficient are usually pretty easy to accomplish on your own or perhaps with just a little help, and make the bike that much more ridable.

If you need something just ask; someone here will help you.

IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1099 - 06/22/10 at 20:17:24

He's right, this is one of the best bike forums I've come across. No attitudes, just a bunch of talented riders who don't mind helping a brother out (sisters) too!

IP Logged
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Reply #1100 - 06/22/10 at 20:32:35

Okay, so after I said she hasn't backfired? Today she did a few times and I kept thinking I gotta get back on the forum to tell. It wasn't loud and I think maybe I didn't let her warm up enough first. I'd only gone a few feet.

The engine is still making that new bike engine smell - 30 miles and still stinking. It's going away slowly.

IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1101 - 06/22/10 at 20:39:53

The bike is set up to run lean from the factory. Most folks peform a very simple Carb mod to fix that. I wonder being so new if the dealer would honor some type of repair? Just a thought. Get some more miles on it and see how she does. There are plenty of folks here to walk you through this. Is this your first bike???

IP Logged
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Reply #1102 - 06/22/10 at 21:02:01

It's my first bike. The 30 or so miles on it are the most I've ridden since the safety class. It does make me nervous cause if something was wrong, I wouldn't necessarily know it, much less know what to do besides call the shop and take it in. The guys are my shop are great, I know they'll help me out.  I'll keep an eye on it and let you know what it's doing. I'm so glad I found the forum!

IP Logged
Edgar

Are you a lucky
little lady in the
city of light?

San Diego
Reply #1103 - 06/22/10 at 21:41:37

Hi all. I've been on here for a few months now but never introduced myself in here. Well my names Edgar, I'm 22 and live in beautiful San Diego California. The 1986 savage is my first motorcycle and I'm still getting the hang of it. Well that's all!

Stay Frosty.
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1104 - 06/22/10 at 21:54:14

Welcome all you new folks! Cheesy

Jimsgirl: I wouldn't worry a lot, as long as it's not popping like crazy.  As was stated, they're set up to run lean from the factory, to pass US emissions, so they do pop a little; mine did especially on shutdown.  You can adjust the mixture screw to richen it up a little for starters, and that should help.  Plus, it'll keep your header pipe from bluing quite as fast! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1105 - 06/23/10 at 00:23:34

Hey Edgar, my church bike ministry is riding out to Oceanside this Saturday. Not sure exactly where. Join us.  Calvary Chapel Chino Valley. Look it up. I'm Mike. Cummings, I'll be riding my Suzuki C50 on Sat. More comfy. Or hit me on Mrmike911@gmail.com.

IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1106 - 06/24/10 at 00:17:50

Wow. Pregnant pause. Sorry, didn't mean to scare you off. Hey one more post and I can put up some pictures.  Cheesy

IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #1107 - 06/24/10 at 00:38:50

Some threads just die off like that.  I don't think it is anything you said.  Welcome to the forum.

IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1108 - 06/24/10 at 00:43:50

Thanks for the kind words. I was looking forward to meeting him. Well I must retire. Six am comes fast on the west coast. Question,how do you post pictures on this site? Any instructions?

IP Logged
fexterz11
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1109 - 06/26/10 at 19:27:53

WHATS UP FELLAS!
might seem young but i'm wise.. at least i like to think so haha.
i'm 23, live in southern cali and love bikes, DJ and woman.

anyways.. hi!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 10:24:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.