Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Chief Gunner

0 - 60 "When I
darn Well Feel Like
It"

Chesapeake, VA
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1080 - 05/18/10 at 15:39:34

Hey everyone, Will Wright here 35, been on and off this site for about a year and a half now getting advice and appreciating every bit of it. Bought an 87 from my neighbor for $150, his son owned it and thought he blew the engine up, oil everywhere. I snatched it up and took it apart and found (with your help) the famous plug on the head had worked loose. He wasn't sore about it as he had already bought a new bike. Learned to ride on this Savage and threw the wife on the back and now she won't even think about letting me replace it!! Pretty good for the lady that was scared to death of me getting one.
Deployed right now and my biggest slice of home right now is this site. Haven't been on this forum before 'cause to be quite honest, I don't sit still too well Wink
Appreciate everyones help on here and hope I can return to favor to a few people. Will post pics of my restoration when I get home and get all the sand out of my crack!!

Cheers,  Senior Chief Gunner's Mate Will Wright
US Navy ( can't find the Ocean right now LOL )

'87 Savage, Got more invested in beer and paint then I paid for the bike. Figure that surely makes it mine!
  IP Logged
kamekaze
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1081 - 05/31/10 at 10:42:23

Complete newb to savages, but not to forums, I hope to come here and pck y'alls brains to try and keep my $220 pos running.  Thanks for any help I get and sorry for any dumb ass comments I make.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1082 - 05/31/10 at 21:52:36

Welcome!  If it even runs, for that money you got a good deal.  Congrats!

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #1083 - 06/01/10 at 12:38:48

Hi All Chip Smith from Greensboro, NC - 47 years old never owned a bike until May 13th 2010 - picked a nice used 1996 candy maroon with saddle bags and 6900 miles. I am the third owner and hoping to learn how to ride as soon as I get a license plate on it - had title issues when i bought it - hopefully all that will be squared away this week and I will be making baby steps learning to ride.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #1084 - 06/01/10 at 13:01:46

Welcome Chip, I think you'll like it here.

A savage is a very noble bike and surely
you'll do fine but a good motorcycle safety
course and some gear is your next step,
good luck.

Richard P.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1085 - 06/02/10 at 16:45:29

Ok, I"m Mike aka Mrmike911, I was a medic in the Army Reserves(No real action). 51 years old. the S40 is my wifes bike. I have a C50-800 CC,  we both just started riding street bikes. I have ridden quads most of my life, yet I'm still learning new things being on the street...mainly traffic. I'm pretty good with a wrench, but low on patience. I'm the one on the tech forum who drilled a hole thru a brass plug on his carb, trying to find the air mixture screw, only to find the venturi throat. Any way, I like this place, lots of good tips and you guys seem very helpful for a geizer like me. More about the bike, Red 2006 S40, just starting to fix it up. I have the Carb rejet kit, a performance muffler, saddle bags, Cone flter, windshield. I just changed the oil this weekend. Hey how important is the little "O" ring that goes on first before the oil filter? Or is there an "O" ring that goes on before the oil filter? Maybe it came from the speedo cable. I found some kind of a washer for that two. Looking forward to hearing from you folks, I gotta get 10 more posts so I can send some pics.

IP Logged
wooddog
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ARKANSAS
Reply #1086 - 06/03/10 at 20:17:56

Hey,  just a few lines to introduce my self,  I am located in north east Arkansas.  I inherited my Dads 2000 model suzuki savage.  He passed away back in April of this year.   I like the bike, its a blast to ride, I think I will keep it, my wife does not think I need 2 bikes, but she is just going to have to get over it.  My other bike is a kawasaki klr 650. Dad bought the bike new back in 2000.  It took me a couple of years to talk him in to buying it,  He had not riden in 40 years but once he got started again he loved it.  The savage is in good condition.  I love riding it because It brings back a lot of good memories that  me and dad had.  Any one located in my neck of the woods we might get together for a ride or a maintenance work day.

IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1087 - 06/03/10 at 22:17:34

Good going sir. Glad to see someone keeping the memory of their father alive. Welcome.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1088 - 06/04/10 at 12:06:33

Welcome to all the new folks.  

There is a thread in the Cafe -- "Let's see you and your ride" -- if you have any pictures of you and your ride, post them up!  
Also, you might check out the Scavenger Hunt.  Its fun!  

But whatever you are here for, we are glad to have you!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
04 Savage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1089 - 06/09/10 at 08:56:33

Hello, I bought a 04 650 Savage earlier this year and have about 800 miles under my belt.  I'm new to motorcycles and this is my first bike.  Lots of fun, daily driver to work once I got used to riding.  

I live in central Missouri so if anyone lives around and wants to share info or ride, holler at me!

IP Logged
Tom K
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Brighton, CO
Reply #1090 - 06/12/10 at 05:32:12

I guess it's time for my first post. I'm more of a reader then a writer.

I'm Tom. I'm in the Denver area (so I'll be asking Bubba mile high tuning questions)  Wink  

I bought my '04 new. Right now it has 7766 miles on it. So far it's bone stock other then the bars I built for it. As of last weeks rear tire blow out, it even had the o/g tires on it. (blow out was at 30 mph and I kept it upright. Was heading for the interstate though.)

I think it's time to start the tweaking on this thing.

2004 Savage
WWW   IP Logged
MrMike911
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1091 - 06/12/10 at 13:25:54

Hey Tom in Denver. I'm new also and just started tweaking on my wives savage. The thing back fired like a shotgun blast. Just bought a Carb from one of the members. I'll slip it on and let you folks
know how it goes.

IP Logged
TommyRocket
YaBB Newbies

Northeast Pennsyltucky
Reply #1092 - 06/17/10 at 20:24:43

Hello. I'm Tom and I'm from Northeast Pennsylvania. I just purchased a '88 Savage with a blown engine and my girlfriend just got an '05 S40. I've owned many different bikes and I've been riding for nearly 20 years. The Savage is my first cruiser and I look forward to riding the hell out of it.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #1093 - 06/17/10 at 20:39:18

Welcome aboard all the newbe's...This forum is great and you will soon be solving all your mechanicl problems with the help of the people here.
Anything you need to research as well can be done so by going to the tech section and doing a search.
Or do like most and ask aloud. If you have time, go back and re read some of the topics and responses as well.  Smiley

IP Logged
jimsgirl
YaBB Newbies

Boulevard S40  
 Rose &
Pearl

Campbell, California
Reply #1094 - 06/20/10 at 22:20:08

Hi,
My name is Tracy and I've been the proud owner of a red two-tone 2009 S40 for about 24 hours now. They listed it as red, but it's really more of a fuschia/rose color...I don't care, I think it's perfect and I'm happier it's not the usual red you see on other bikes.

I'm just a beginner  - put 30 miles on it already - just putting around the neighborhood practicing what I learned in class. So far I've had a lot of compliments on the bike. I think she's beautiful.

A strong man sails by ash breeze.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 08:15:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.