Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1065 - 04/25/10 at 23:12:22

Welcome Laura,... nice to hear from you...
Join in and let us get to know you...  
Meantime, ride safe... Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #1066 - 04/25/10 at 23:39:00

Welcome!

I am super mechanically challenged, and I just moved my rear signal lights to the lic plate holder so I can mount my oversized saddlebags!  This site's members were great help.  I could not have done it without the feedback and support.  I think you will really get lot of help here.  

itsonlyme wrote on 04/25/10 at 20:27:50:
Hi,
I got my learners permit last summer and I bought my 2001 Savage and joined the forum . I know nothing about the mechanics of bikes but have read tons of topics here but I am learning and feel like I can do anything! Thanks for all the information. You guys are so helpful!
I too  dropped my bike in on a gravel driveway and broke off my right mirror. doh!
I am excited for a summer where I wont be riding soaking wet all the time. It will be a new experience for me!  Smiley
Laura

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
M38A1
YaBB Newbies

Where to next?

Central Tejas
Reply #1067 - 04/26/10 at 10:38:23

Hello all....

I've been lurking while soaking up a ton of information.  My friend has a Savage and it's proving to be somewhat problematic so I'm really going to lean on your expertise to get this back on the road for her.  The more I read, the more I like this little bike!  Well, 'cept for the gremlins we're sorting through.

Me?  I ride one of those three letter German named bikes.  Been quite a few places, seen a lot of thing and lots of smiles along the way.

IP Logged
Thumpertoo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1068 - 04/29/10 at 02:22:59

Hello. I have been riding for more than 60 years. I have owned a KSS Velocette 350cc ohc single, 1957 G80CS Matchless 500 cc ohv single, Moto Guzzi Falcone 500 cc ohv single, XL500 Honda ohc 500 cc single, 1957 R60 BMW 600 cc flat twin. I am in the Philippines now and you can't get a machine where I am bigger than 150 cc. I own a XMR Honda ohc single 110 cc. which will do 100 kph all day. I hope to be back in the US this Summer and hanker after a S40. I was born in Oklahoma, am a Chickasaw Indian, graduate of University of Oklahoma, a former US Marine E-5, and an IBM Main Frame computer programmer consultant for 35 years, serving 2 years in RVN and 4 years for Shahanshah. I also have a shodan in Olympic Sport Judo. I prefer Mozart. I have identical twin sons one of whom is a first lieutenant in the USMC and just got back from Iraq. My wife is Filipina and we have a very fine daughter who will be 6 on 12 May. I am also a "born again Christian". I have greatly enjoyed reading almost everything said on this forum. Erin go Bragh!
p.s. I rode in the SoCalif desert Hare & Hounds most week-ends for 2 yrs, rode in English observed trials, rode 1/2 mi dirt flat track on a BSA Gold Star, rode moto cross, rode road racing. The worst feature of the S40 is the forward mounted foot pegs because that is not the optimum place of foot pegs for control. For those who have had competition experience you have never seen a competition bike with forward mounted foot pegs.

« Last Edit: 04/29/10 at 15:16:59 by Thumpertoo »  
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1069 - 04/29/10 at 04:55:10

Welcome new guys!  Always a fine day when new folks introduce themselves.  Hope to see you around!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
fascar228
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Islamabad
Reply #1070 - 04/30/10 at 03:51:42

Hi all,
My name is Faisal, I am from Pakistan, I am 39y/o. I had a honda cb350 twin....later i shoe horned a gsxr400 4cylinder/4carb/6gear engine into it....the brakes could not take it and fade quickly.....sold it to get a CB650/4/sohc......GOOD bike...but a bit heavy...and would not stop leaking.....sold it.....NOW i have a S40(brand new..... happiest rider)
Weather here is moderate to extreme....very hot summers (may till sept) 45C+, winters(nov to mar) is 0-1C. We can ride all year round. Big bikes are not to prevalent here so can't be too choosey. S40 is a welcome sight here with most people prefering crotch rockets.
I have been visiting this site since I got my machine in FEB2010. Very helpful thanks to you all. The pic is from a hill station approx 70km from where I live.....what a road and what scenery...exquiste!!!!
Having a harley here is more of a status symbol..U polish U show off..U go home and park Sad
My salute to all you managing and running this site Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Maggie
YaBB Newbies

Newbie biker

Saskatchewan, Canada
Reply #1071 - 05/03/10 at 11:08:42

Hi everyone!

My name is Maggie and I live in Martesnville, Saskatchewan, Canada.

I just picked up my first ever bike this past weekend near Edmonton, Alberta and am just about to go and get it inspected. It's a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard S40- so I assume I am in the right place.  Grin

My husband used to ride bikes in his younger years but not since we were married about nine years ago. When he recently bought himself a Triumph America I figured I had two choices- worry and nag and he would STILL buy it and ride alone...or join him and get into it myself! I figured the latter was a much smarter decision and better for both of us. Cool

I am scheduled to take a motocrycle learn to ride/safety course the weekend of May 28th- I can hardly wait!

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein
  IP Logged
Horatio Hawkshaw
Ex Member

Reply #1072 - 05/03/10 at 22:08:46

Hi there. Used to post here about two or three years ago, can't remember what my user name was. I do remember some bad blood or something made me want to pull my hair out -d@mn political discussions or something got way out of hand.  Smiley

Anyways, I had very nearly forgotten this place until a few weeks ago when I was looking for some inspiration with the latest incarnation of my Savage.

I don't have much hair anymore and I refuse to discuss politics in any on-line forum. I love my Savage and I want to share that with like-minded people. So there's that.  Smiley

I'd post a picture of my Savage, but I can't until I make one normal post...

IP Logged
BALDY3260
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

east sussex UK
Reply #1073 - 05/04/10 at 01:51:06

hi all, been lurking for a while, read loads of stuff so thought i should join Wink haven't got a bike yet, but looking hard, but not many come up for sale in the uk, and when they do seem to go for silly money Shocked still something will arrive soon i hope Grin. anyways i'm 6'2" and 170lbs so figure i should be ok on a savage with maybe a set of ed l 4" forwards (hope he will ship to uk) is there a buyers guide anywhere to give some advice to a savage virgin to save too much heartache later on Smiley thanks in advance for any help baldy

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #1074 - 05/04/10 at 10:47:24

Welcome to all the new members, this is a great place for asking questions and getting help when needed. Also we really like checking out what other people have done with their rides, so if you can post a pic on either this Introduce Yourself thread or on the Let's see you and your ride thread http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1257442512

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Horatio Hawkshaw
Ex Member

Reply #1075 - 05/04/10 at 13:13:44

This was last year...

This is what she looks like now...

« Last Edit: 05/09/10 at 05:11:02 by HoratioHawkshaw »  
  IP Logged
jarrod
YaBB Newbies

Spangdahlem Germany
Reply #1076 - 05/04/10 at 16:11:25

Well, I figure I should go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Jarrod and I am in the Air Force stationed in Germany. I started out on a VX800 in high school and just recently picked up a 2003 Savage with only 2900 miles on it. It had been sitting in storage with the previous owner for 2 years, luckily enough not neglected. Even though I have only had this bike a week, I have big plans for it, just not sure which route to go yet.

2003 Savage bone stock for now

Nobody lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
  IP Logged
suzukirider
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1077 - 05/07/10 at 06:14:43

Hi I'm Maryjo, new to this forum and so glad I found it.    I started riding in 08 on a Rebel, which I still have.  In April of 09 I bought an S40 (savage) and have been so happy with it.  I now have 4600 miles on it, not bad considering I ride it only in the summer when I live here in Ohio.  I wanted something  a little bit bigger than the Rebel and when I saw the S40 I knew it was my bike.  I like the clean lines of it.  I put bags on it last year shortly after I bought it and just this week put on a windscreen.  I had to have the brakes replaced, several people on this forum told me the stock brakes were junk so next time I'll go for better quality.  In the meantime, I am going to enjoy another summer of riding this fantastic bike.  I really love it, it is peppy and very nice to look at.

IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #1078 - 05/09/10 at 00:24:57

Im Mike, been on here for a little bit, I traded my quad for an 87 savage, that I have since took completely apart and rebuilding and painting.  The last guy showed no love what so ever for it.  When its up and running again, I will post some pics.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
turdferguson
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vancouver Canada
Reply #1079 - 05/13/10 at 14:34:55

Hello my name is Ian, i am 26 and live in vancouver canada and have now been riding for 3 years now.  Bought a 92 savage LS650N.  My first (on road) bike.  I have own dirt bikes in the past and love being on two wheels so decided to move to street.  I have never been a member of a forum before for anything so this is all new to me. Look forward to chatting about bikes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:20:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.