Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
RTC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso, TX (Ft. Bliss)
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1035 - 03/04/10 at 21:01:18

hey my name is taylor. i'm down here in el paso, tx at ft. bliss. just picked up my very first bike at the age of 28 after taking the msf course here on post. i got a 2002 with only 900 miles on it for 2000. not a bad deal but it's been sitting outside for a while so it's needs some work. i am not mechanically inclined and that why i found this site.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1036 - 03/05/10 at 08:48:44

You've come to the right place, RTC.   Welcome!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
metricman
YaBB Newbies

Be your own man

Reply #1037 - 03/10/10 at 14:16:04

Hello I am Chuck Smith aka Metricman, If you are on facebook check us out,. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=230039719565&ref=ts
I have been riding bikes for quite some time, I just picked up a project bike for my wife to learn on, a 97 savage a real piece of work.
My rides. 2001 Vulcan Nomad, 2005 C50, 97 Honda magna 750 V4.
Nomad 1500

C50

Magna V4

thanks for being so kind and helpful. I will post some pics of the savage soon. but you can see all the updates as they happen on facebook.

As always be safe, the life you save might be you own...   keep the rubber on the road.

A biker shouldn’t be defined by the motorcycle he/she rides, but by the passion they have for it.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice..lol
  IP Logged
hardrock785
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1038 - 03/21/10 at 20:25:53

names wade i go by hardrock785 bought a 87 savage basket case looks like its all thare gonna start on it this fall. im finishing up a xs 650 build right now. i live in central montana, we dont have a stop light in the whole county, not to many people. i drive truck in a hard rock mine a 785 cat. welp thats the nut in a thing shell!  see ya this fall with a list of questions. the savage seems perty straight foward to work on cant wait to thake a run at er!.....later

IP Logged
widave
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1039 - 03/23/10 at 11:38:00

Hi all. I'm Dave from WI pickin up an 05 savage tonite hopefully. Will be here lookin for tips and advice. Probably performance first lol.

Dave

2005 Suzuki S40 bobber - toy
1999 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado - cruiser
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #1040 - 03/23/10 at 11:41:28

Welcome Dave,... it's a great bike to ride and play with... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Reply #1041 - 03/29/10 at 19:26:46

Hi everybody. Crabpainter here. The name has to do with astrology and hobby. That handle usually gets people thinking the wrong thing.
I've owned several Savages starting with a gay orange bike that was so beautiful it physically hurt the day I sold it. After that I had a '97 "frankenbike" that I never got a title for so it saw limited road action, then an '03 with a salvage title... again limited road action and now, drum roll..... an '06 S40 all nice and legal. Yes it's officially the wife's bike it's also my rain bike, $4.00 a gallon bike, quick trip bike etc...
It's stock with the exception of a Memphis Shades clear windshield, headlight pulser thingy and soon LED turn signals... I'm retired Navy but I hate the term retired so currently I make a living repairing nail guns... somebody's gotta do it.
 Thanks to everybody that contributes to this site. Entertaining and helpful. I've been a lurker for what seems like years and I'd become a full member if they took paypal...  Roll Eyes

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #1042 - 03/29/10 at 21:11:46

Welcome Crab,... and I was just about to ask...

I'm a crab too...  Wink

peace,
Serowbot.... Huh...    don't ask, long story... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #1043 - 03/30/10 at 08:55:16

Crab, you become a full member as your post count increases. Alliance membership is what is paid for but do not count on anything special as the site owner has been MIA for quite some time now and the Alliance membership as I understand it ain't worth a hill of beans.

But welcome to the forum, there is a lot of great folks and advice here whether you want to keep your bike stock and just need routine maintenance advice, or want to do a full blown re-build and modification.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1044 - 03/30/10 at 19:28:47

Crabpainter and Bot -- I'm a crab 3....   Wink

Welcome Mr. Crab.  Oh, if the S40 is the wife's bike, get her to sign up too... we need all the women we can get to argue with all you guys.!  LOL

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1045 - 03/31/10 at 01:39:55

Welcome Crab!  And here I thought you went around putting artwork on shellfish. Grin Roll Eyes

And I'm not a crab like the cool kids, but close; I'm a fish! Tongue

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
sullyuk
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1046 - 04/01/10 at 09:01:56

Hi all.
New guy here.  Just passed my test and my 2002 Savage is my first 'real' bike.  I'm in the UK - am I the only Savage owner here?!  Anyway, getting used to the sound, the smell and the backfiring.
Hope to speak with you all soon.
Sully

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #1047 - 04/01/10 at 09:26:55

welcome, there are plenty of brits or at least ex-brits here, sure you'll feel welcome!

IP Logged
Moe
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Manitoba
Reply #1048 - 04/03/10 at 17:00:03

Hi! I'm a 42 yr old from Manitoba. I just found this site a couple of days ago and love it!! Where have you been all my life? Wink
I'm one of the female riders here Cheesy I have an '86 Savage and plan to change my rear fender, etc this winter.....which will mean a new paint job....I"m pretty stoked about it Cheesy Thanks for the great site!!!

Moe   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1049 - 04/04/10 at 16:04:58

Welcome Moe!  I love it every time another female joins.  Stick around!   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:23:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.