Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1020 - 01/07/10 at 06:57:58

Welcome Sugan N Spice, I am a female rider as well. I love the wind in my face. You will come to love this bike as I have mine. I have a 09 S 40 and just got this bike in July. I have been riding though for 3 1/2 years.. Lots of great advice on here. Seems everyone is friendly and willing to give you the help you may need..  Smiley

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #1021 - 01/07/10 at 08:07:59

Guess I never officially introduced myself even though I've been on/around since July 09.

I picked up a 05 S40 in July 09 that the PO had chopped/hacked into a bar hopper. Had some title issues and couldn't ride it for the first 3 weeks that I had it. Did give me a chance to replace/fix a few things before I started riding. The weekend that I got the temporary title issued I finished repainting it and started riding. I brought it back to mostly stock with only a couple minor changes.

It's been over 15yrs since I last rode, and at that time I was riding a 1987 Suzuki SP125 Dual Purpose bike. So this bike is a HUGE change.

I initially got this bike thinking that I'd be able to ride it a couple of years, then upgrade to something bigger like the Harley that I thought I always wanted. Now after riding and tinkering with this bike for the last 6 months I have grown to love the size and performance of it. I'm glad that the bike was hacked up to some degree when I got it because it forced me to dig in and learn the finer details of the bike so that I could put it back the way it was meant to be. After putting it back to mostly stock, now I'm starting to add things that I think will make it all the better.

Parts that I have accumulated and plan on putting on before the next riding season: Dyna Muffler, Fork Bag, Saddlebags & Brackets (need to move the signals too), Memphis Slim Windshield.  Cool

(will add another pic after they are all added)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
sugar n spice
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago suburbs
Reply #1022 - 01/08/10 at 00:03:29

Thanks for the welcome kimchris.  I think I am going to need all the advice I can get.  Can't wait till spring!

IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #1023 - 02/10/10 at 17:16:26

Hello, my name is Jef. I live in Boston.  When I got my first bike it came down to a Suzuki S40 or S50.  I went with the S50 but never forgot how appealing the S40 is so I picked up an '86 Savage a few weeks ago to customize and play with without jeopardizing my S50.  I'm very happy with it, much easier to work on than the bigger bike.

The red pic is the day I brought her home, 1/20/10,  The black is yesterday, 2/9/10

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #1024 - 02/17/10 at 02:27:46

Welcome!  That's a sharp lookin' machine, cool idea on the muffler, and I love the seat. Cool

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
fire dog
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1025 - 02/20/10 at 05:21:01

I'm fire dog from Allentown Pa Just got my 1997 savage and love it.  Just needs a new battery so i can get back on the road.

IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #1026 - 02/20/10 at 07:19:32

Welcome Fire Dog. This is a great place to hang out and talk shop. If you have any questions, post them on Rubber side and you will get great answers fast!  Smiley

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
jef.savage
Serious Thumper

ridin' n slidin'

Boston, MA
Reply #1027 - 02/23/10 at 19:40:18

Thanks! The previous owner did the seats by hand.  It says "EIGHTY SIX" across the back seat.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #1028 - 02/25/10 at 19:56:14

Jeff..that isn't a Boston Terrier turning his head away from the bike is it?  Perhaps he is wondering where he'll ride.  Welcome.

IP Logged
FL Native
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deland, Florida
Reply #1029 - 03/01/10 at 08:37:24

Hello all, I just found this catagory, and apologize for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Chrissie, I live in Deland, Florida. I bought a 2005 Suzuki S40 about 3 months ago, and we have made minor mods to her. This is my first bike, and I am really enjoying the learning curve Smiley   I'd like to say "thanks for all the great advice and comments" that you all have posted on here, Very informative.......

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #1030 - 03/01/10 at 10:05:22

Hello and welcome Chrissie,..

So glad you're a girl,...'cause we tend to abbreviate names here, "2005 Suzi",... will end up just "Suzi"...

Although,... it worked for okay Johnny Cash...
Remember, a boy named Sue?... Huh

Sero

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
FL Native
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deland, Florida
Reply #1031 - 03/02/10 at 06:11:28

It's ok (Suzi) I probably been called worse  Roll Eyes     lol
Thx for the welcome, I have thought 'bout changing it, but don't know if I can..any suggestions?

Carpe Diem, Carpe Noctem
  IP Logged
Tomski
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1032 - 03/04/10 at 12:41:33

Figured I would finally sign up on the forum since I've found myself trolling a lot lately.

I have an '00 Savage LS650. Hardtail struts and a little here and there. I'm waiting on some bigger bars and to finish some small details to better fit the smaller bike to me. I'm 6'0" and around 230lbs so I'm sure some of you understand! LOL

-Tom from Georgia

IP Logged
Tomski
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1033 - 03/04/10 at 12:42:40

Forgot to post a pic of the bike! I'll post more elsewhere when I finish it up.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1034 - 03/04/10 at 13:32:16

Nice of you to join us, Tom from Georgia.  Welcome!

P.S.  Your bike will fit in beautifully around here!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:22:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.