Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #1005 - 11/10/09 at 12:54:42

J.D. wrote on 11/07/09 at 19:05:14:
HI. My name real name is John. I live in Windsor, Ont. (across the river from Detroit, Mich.) I just bought an '05 s40. It's all stock parts. The most I've done to it so far is pull out the battery but I hope to eventually modify a few things on it. Cheers.

Welcome John!

FSO
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #1006 - 11/12/09 at 16:23:23

Hi John,  welcome!...
Several Canadians here, and one guy from Michigan...

Serowbot

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mjbgman
YaBB Newbies

Syracuse, NY
Reply #1007 - 11/16/09 at 19:55:37

My name is Mike, I like long walks on the beach...oops, wrong forum Roll Eyes  I've got an '87 Savage I picked up for $750 this past July.  Gave her a little TLC and a quick paint job to get me through the summer.  I plan on tearing her down over the winter and turning her into a bobber Grin

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris Kills People.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #1008 - 11/17/09 at 14:45:15

mjbgman wrote on 11/16/09 at 19:55:37:
My name is Mike, I like long walks on the beach...oops, wrong forum Roll Eyes  I've got an '87 Savage I picked up for $750 this past July.  Gave her a little TLC and a quick paint job to get me through the summer.  I plan on tearing her down over the winter and turning her into a bobber Grin
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1445/5546677/20117147/377620818.jpg

Nice bike, but how do you get you paws on the controls and handlebars?  Wink

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
sport tour
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1009 - 11/19/09 at 19:25:45

Hello! and what's happening! My name is Toy. Yes I know but that is my real name. I picked up a savage not long ago that was not running. A little TLC and its on the road and doin well. My wife love's this bike. And even though it's a little small for me it seems to be a fun bike. I ride an ST1300 myself, thats why the name Sport ture. I like your site and hope to hang around a while If I may. Smiley

IP Logged
pigthumper
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #1010 - 11/20/09 at 13:37:01

Hello all

Just bought my second Savage, got my first in 1990 when I lived in California. I'm back in my hometown Montreal. I ahve been ridin for about 40 years. Many bikes Harleys to Hondas loved them all. 2 wheels and an engine Well that says it all.
Current Savage 1990 "modified" with more to come.But I love the sound of the screamin eagle pipe and muffler.
Look forward to meeting you fine folks

pigdog

IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #1011 - 12/22/09 at 00:33:10

Hi all,
My name is Mark.  I live in Portland Oregon and picked up my first bike a few months ago.  I got a 2002 savage thinking I would need to trade up in a year.  Instead I have caught the modification bug and I am hooked on this bike.  The people that make up this forum are a great resource.  Thanks for being around.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #1012 - 12/22/09 at 21:22:09

sport tour wrote on 11/19/09 at 19:25:45:
Hello! and what's happening! My name is Toy. Yes I know but that is my real name. I picked up a savage not long ago that was not running. A little TLC and its on the road and doin well. My wife love's this bike. And even though it's a little small for me it seems to be a fun bike. I ride an ST1300 myself, thats why the name Sport ture. I like your site and hope to hang around a while If I may. Smiley

of corse you may hang around,you are very welcome,what state do you live in ? enjoy your stay, Mick

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #1013 - 12/22/09 at 21:34:55

wolfmrp wrote on 12/22/09 at 00:33:10:
Hi all,
My name is Mark.  I live in Portland Oregon and picked up my first bike a few months ago.  I got a 2002 savage thinking I would need to trade up in a year.  Instead I have caught the modification bug and I am hooked on this bike.  The people that make up this forum are a great resource.  Thanks for being around.

We have already met Mark, but here is my official welcome message, really glad to have you aboard , Do you ever make a run to the coast ?
for you I live about a quarter of the way to Lincoln City,perhaps one day nexy spring I can give my address,pop on by for a sandwich and some bike talk, unless my hand is cured by then, then I can procede on down to the coast with you, I did get a half centimeter of movement today while having therapy, I can tell ya I was pretty jazzed , Anyway Welcome to the site Mark (is Mark ok ?) if not Wolf it is, all the best, Mick

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #1014 - 12/22/09 at 21:41:52

mjbgman wrote on 11/16/09 at 19:55:37:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1445/5546677/20117147/377620818.jpg

Welcome Mike,my name is Mick,both Michael's I guess.You will find quite a few bobber lovers here ,not me I'm afraid I like cafe racers,each to his or her own.  you will find lots of help with bobbers, have fun enjoy the site.    Mick

mickrowe37   IP Logged
wolfmrp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Portland Or
Reply #1015 - 12/30/09 at 01:00:05

Mick,  Thanks for the hospitality, next time I am heading your way I will let you know.  I have a feeling we could have some interesting conversation over that sandwich. Mark is fine, wolf, whatever. Smiley

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen. --Einstein
  IP Logged
sugar n spice
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago suburbs
Reply #1016 - 12/31/09 at 00:35:57

Introducing........me!   Undecided

Got me a new Savage for Christmas.  I feel like the kids who got bikes for Christmas and can't ride cause of the weather.  I live in the Chicago area and trust me...the weather here sucks.  Too cold and snowy to ride.  I will have to wait for spring to try it out.  It's a used bike with only 3500 miles and looks like new.  Tried all the bikes at the bike show last winter and I liked the fit and feel of the Savage the best.

I am a new rider.  Took the MST course (twice) and got my license but then couldn't afford the bike till now.  Guess I will be riding around the industrial area on the weekends when no one is around till I get the hang of it.  I'm a little nervous, a lot excited and can't wait till spring!

Hope you will all be ready to help out with some good riding tips!

IP Logged
FlybysBlvd

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Columbus, OH
Sugar n spice
Reply #1017 - 12/31/09 at 04:24:46

Welcome!  You will do just fine on this bike, I love it!  This is a great place to learn everything about the Savage/S40.  What year is your bike?  I am over in Columbus, Oh and I agree with the weather part, we usually try to get out on New Year's Day, but waking up today and seeing all the snow and slush, it doesn't look good for tomorrow!  Congrats again!

IP Logged
sugar n spice
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Chicago suburbs
Reply #1018 - 01/01/10 at 00:51:11

Thanks for the welcome Flyby.  I got a 2004 savage that is sort of plum color metalic and it looks like new.  I'll post some pics as soon as it warms up enough to go outside.  My thermometer is reading 2 degrees right now.  

Happy New Year!!!

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #1019 - 01/06/10 at 19:13:29

Welcome sugar n spice...  great to have more females around here!  There are a great bunch of folks on this site with more knowledge than you can imagine.  Help is only a few keystrokes away!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 11:18:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.