Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 177
Send Topic Print
Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS) (Read 41320 times)
Angie

Anybody can be
normal, where's the
fun in that?

Iowa
Re: Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTION
Reply #990 - 09/23/09 at 06:57:02

Hello!  Its to great to find other Savage riders!!  My hubbys a die-hard Harley man, but he does at least let me park my bike next to his in the barn.  LOL  I just started riding this spring and I love it!  Its fun to ride on the Harley with the ol' man, cause then I dont have to pay attention to what Im doing.  But its a lot of fun having my own bike.  Now I just want a new seat, different rear turn signals.....  

Lying is emotional immaturity in action
  IP Logged
prsavage

atgatt

Nanaimo BC
Reply #991 - 09/23/09 at 20:07:34

Glad to have you here, Angie.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #992 - 09/23/09 at 20:45:04

Hi Angie, Congrats on getting your own bike!!

I know its still fun riding as a passenger also.
And ...it is so much fun fixing your bike just like you want it.

Have a look around the forum and do some searches...you just may find some helpful info here on where to buy things for your bike also.Or ask questions.Lots of smart guys here for this particular bike. Smiley

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Dahlia
YaBB Newbies

Learning and having
fun

Houston, Tx
Reply #993 - 09/29/09 at 19:07:39

Well, I've been lurking around here as a guest for several months and finally decided it was time to join in for real.  

My name is Amanda.  I was introduced to the Savage by another rider, a gentleman who had watched me "try out" several different bikes at a dealership while I was trying to narrow down what bikes I might even want to consider in the buying process.  He suggested the Savage, so I did some research and decided to take a more serious look at them.  I am so glad he decided to offer his thoughts that day as I ended up finding a great '03 Savage with fairly low mileage that I absolutely love!  

Since this is my first street bike and it's been about 15 years since I last rode my dirt bike back home in TN, I was a little nervous about getting started. But I took my MSF course in May, found my bike in June, and actually started riding in July.  Now, I'm in the process of having fun and learning along the way.  Every time I ride I remember why I wanted to ride in the first place!  There's just something amazing about being on the bike and out on the road.  And with the help I've had from just reading in this forum already, I've managed to troubleshoot problems, recover from newbie mistakes, and feel more confident about doing my own maintenance.  

Thanks for the great site!  I'm glad to finally be a member.

IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #994 - 09/30/09 at 04:13:52

Dahlia wrote on 09/29/09 at 19:07:39:
Well, I've been lurking around here as a guest for several months and finally decided it was time to join in for real.  

My name is Amanda.  I was introduced to the Savage by another rider, a gentleman who had watched me "try out" several different bikes at a dealership while I was trying to narrow down what bikes I might even want to consider in the buying process.  He suggested the Savage, so I did some research and decided to take a more serious look at them.  I am so glad he decided to offer his thoughts that day as I ended up finding a great '03 Savage with fairly low mileage that I absolutely love!  

Since this is my first street bike and it's been about 15 years since I last rode my dirt bike back home in TN, I was a little nervous about getting started. But I took my MSF course in May, found my bike in June, and actually started riding in July.  Now, I'm in the process of having fun and learning along the way.  Every time I ride I remember why I wanted to ride in the first place!  There's just something amazing about being on the bike and out on the road.  And with the help I've had from just reading in this forum already, I've managed to troubleshoot problems, recover from newbie mistakes, and feel more confident about doing my own maintenance.  

Welcome Dahlia!

Congratulations on your choice of bike. The folks here will really help in extending the enjoyment of it.

Ride safe and once again...Welcome!
Cool

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #995 - 10/01/09 at 23:44:25

Welcome, glad to have ya as a member!  And congrats on picking an awesome bike; ain't they a blast? Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
mumbles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston Tx
Reply #996 - 10/04/09 at 11:14:56

Hey guys and gals, my better half just took the MSF course last week and after searching and reading lots of reviews on different bikes we decided the Suzuki Savage would be a great bike for Mrs mumbles.  

Yesterday we picked up a 1995 Savage with 12k miles. We hope to hang around and share our experiances with this unique scoot.
thanks, mumbles

1995 Savage
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #997 - 10/05/09 at 23:15:48

mumbles wrote on 10/04/09 at 11:14:56:
Hey guys and gals, my better half just took the MSF course last week and after searching and reading lots of reviews on different bikes we decided the Suzuki Savage would be a great bike for Mrs mumbles.  

Yesterday we picked up a 1995 Savage with 12k miles. We hope to hang around and share our experiances with this unique scoot.
thanks, mumbles

welcome Mrs Mumbles ,yes indeed it is a great bike. I have to ask ,Mumbles?     I spent allot of my youth in Mumbles ,it's a small town next to Swansea South Wales,any connection ?
Ps what does your worst half ride?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
macman3
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central NC
Reply #998 - 10/28/09 at 20:55:37

Hello my name is Larry Mc and I live in North Carolina.  In August I bought a 2004 with 5k miles.  Hadn't ridden for a long time and finally decided to get back on it.  Glad I got the Savage.  It is a nice bike and I like it because its kinda old school.  This forum is a great place to get all kinds of helpful information.  It is one of the reasons I decided on the Savage.

IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #999 - 11/04/09 at 16:00:26

Welcome, Macman3!

Glad you found the site. I believe that there are a number members in your area...

Ride safe and once again, Welcome!

Cool

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1000 - 11/05/09 at 04:39:47

macman3 wrote on 10/28/09 at 20:55:37:
Hello my name is Larry Mc and I live in North Carolina.  In August I bought a 2004 with 5k miles.  Hadn't ridden for a long time and finally decided to get back on it.  Glad I got the Savage.  It is a nice bike and I like it because its kinda old school.  This forum is a great place to get all kinds of helpful information.  It is one of the reasons I decided on the Savage.

Welcome to the community dude !  I am in central SC, and there are several other members in our part of this region of t he south.

IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #1001 - 11/05/09 at 06:33:05

LANCER wrote on 11/05/09 at 04:39:47:
macman3 wrote on 10/28/09 at 20:55:37:

Welcome to the community dude !  I am in central SC, and there are several other members in our part of this region of t he south.

Welcome to the site.... Great bike Im in North West Ga  just south of Chattanooga TN.... how close are you to Robinsville NC.... Im about 2 hours from ther. we try to make a summer trip to deals gap late june. The more Big Thumpers Poping areound the better.
Kel

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1002 - 11/05/09 at 12:37:17

Angie wrote on 09/23/09 at 06:57:02:
Hello!  Its to great to find other Savage riders!!  My hubbys a die-hard Harley man, but he does at least let me park my bike next to his in the barn.  LOL  I just started riding this spring and I love it!  Its fun to ride on the Harley with the ol' man, cause then I dont have to pay attention to what Im doing.  But its a lot of fun having my own bike.  Now I just want a new seat, different rear turn signals.....  

Is  he able to keep up with you ? Or do you have to slow down and wait for him to catch up ?   Wink
Welcome sweetheart.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #1003 - 11/05/09 at 12:39:58

Good to have you in the Savage world, and you made the right choice... not that I'm biased or anything of course.   Cool

IP Logged
knecht
Ex Member

Reply #1004 - 11/07/09 at 19:05:14

HI. My name real name is John. I live in Windsor, Ont. (across the river from Detroit, Mich.) I just bought an '05 s40. It's all stock parts. The most I've done to it so far is pull out the battery but I hope to eventually modify a few things on it. Cheers.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 177
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 09:28:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Introduce Yourself (NOT THE PLACE FOR QUESTIONS)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.