Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can the Mods exceed the cooling capacity? (Read 6 times)
horseshoe_george
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Otisfield, ME
Can the Mods exceed the cooling capacity?
08/13/07 at 06:32:34

I am going thru the mods. Jets are at 155/55, TKAT brace is on, awaiting the arrival of a gasket so I can put on the jardine. I am going to put on the jardine and install the K&N and the irridium plug on an upcoming sunday and then should be finished for a while with mods.

My observation is with only rejetting and a few holes drilled in the baffle of the stock exhaust the bike seems to be making a lot more power. On the highway a slipstreamer windscreen and the TKAT brace have brought a much more stable ride. The bike settles in at 70 in 5th gear and seems happy to stay there. It can pass going up a hill at 85-90. The plug jardine and filter mods are only going to make it more peppy.

Is there an issue with the mods of the engine running hotter than the cooling capacity of the fins on the aircooled cylinder? Should I takes breaks on a hot day"

'06, TKAT fork brace, 1/3 spacer,155 main/55 pilot, K@N filter, Jardine, NGK irridium plug, Phillips MotoVision +40 orange hue bulb, windscreen, Hagon Shocks
  IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Re: Can the Mods exceed the cooling capacity?
Reply #1 - 08/13/07 at 07:19:18

Same mods here.  

I switch to 20-50 synthetic during the summer as a precaution for the heat.

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #2 - 08/13/07 at 07:48:11

Hard to say, but most likely you are running cooler than stock with your jets.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/13/07 at 09:30:16

Yes, jetting it richer makes it cooler, getting the exhaust gas out faster makes it cooler, fork brace doesn't do jack for any of this. You're fine.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/14/07 at 21:54:46

SEE? Just waht you wanted, a Cool bike. It needed the mods, you are doung them & now your bike is even cooler than it was,, how cool izzat?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
horseshoe_george
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Otisfield, ME
Reply #5 - 08/15/07 at 02:47:50

LOL it is a cool bike. I like the retro 70's chopper look of the savage and the fact that everyone wonders what type of bike it is. I notice that some folks are debadging the bike and loved loved loved the "Indian" decal that the fella in the "Savage Indian" thread put on his bike.

I have always wanted an indian or a triumph or a norton and am tempted to debadge and put on a faux decal. Not sure if I have the gumption to do it. Does anyone else have a "counterfit" decal on their bike's tank?

'06, TKAT fork brace, 1/3 spacer,155 main/55 pilot, K@N filter, Jardine, NGK irridium plug, Phillips MotoVision +40 orange hue bulb, windscreen, Hagon Shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 00:27:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can the Mods exceed the cooling capacity?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.