Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hate to ask, but... (Read 7 times)
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Hate to ask, but...
08/10/07 at 07:39:01

I've looked around a good bit, and can't seem to figure out if the idea in the back of my head is right.

Are the jets for the BS40 the same as those that Mikuni uses on the Harley BS42?  

Or does anyone have the part number or type of the jets?  

This is all the information that Mikuni gives us on their jets.  

I'm thinking the BS30/96 pilot jet most closely resembles our pilot jets; but again, I'm thinking that it resembles something.  I'd prefer to be sure.

We should get a sticky in the Tech section like the Misc. Bolt Sizes thread, only for the carb parts, etc.  I'm getting a 97 carb from ebay, I plan on photographing it side-by-side with my existing 86 carb when I clean it.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Hate to ask, but...
Reply #1 - 08/10/07 at 08:50:19

I am near about certain 42 is faaaar to big to get working on the savage right.
However, larger carbs = larger jets. Ironic but true. Larger throat = lower throat velocity = higher throat pressure = lower throat vacuum = less sucking force due to pressure difference = larger jets to flow more with less vacuum.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
tuxedo

medium pimpin.

Hot Springs, AR
Re: Hate to ask, but...
Reply #2 - 08/10/07 at 18:50:21

Guess I worded my question poorly.

Are the jets used in the Mikuni BS40 of the same TYPE used in the Mikuni BS42?  By that I mean, if the pilot or main jet's type number is ABC and it's size is 47.5 or 52.5 or 155.....does the BS42 use the same ABC as the BS40, with different sizes?

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world.

86 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:22:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hate to ask, but...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.