Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Universal muffler size ? (Read 13 times)
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Universal muffler size ?
08/09/07 at 18:43:10

Just checking out some universal mount mufflers and was wondering what size the end of the muffler would need to be to fit onto the stock header ?

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Re: Universal muffler size ?
Reply #1 - 08/10/07 at 00:12:30

A swagged 1-3/4" I.D. muffler usually requires either the original little tin 'shim' wrapped around the header, or some people cut what they need from a pop/beer can to make a little wrap-around gasket. My 99 is like that, and it doesn't leak. I got tired of skrewing with the leak between my 87 header and Dyna muffler, and just had my neighbor, who owns a large welding service, TIG weld it together. If I ever want it apart, my cutoff wheel on the die grinder will separate the two in just a couple of minutes. Meanwhile, I don't have to worry about developing a leak out somewhere.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Universal muffler size ?
Reply #2 - 08/10/07 at 07:38:59

when i got a hd muff from e bay it came with a piece of plummers strap to use as a shim..when i put my hard krome on i had midas make a new 10 deg adaptor pipe,
took the muff to the shop and they got both ends close enuf hi temp sealer was all i needed..got to let that stuff cure at least over nite fight the urge to fire er up to see how it sounds...

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 04:23:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Universal muffler size ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.