Send Topic Print
whistling Savage (Read 12 times)
DocNeedles

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

British Columbia
whistling Savage
08/08/07 at 20:21:11

A friend of mine has a 2006 Savage close to the warranty and has been getting a whistling noise coming from the left front end close to the starting motor.  he thought it might have been something stuck in the belt but moving it back and forth no sound.  Any suggestions?
DocNeedles

IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Re: whistling Savage
Reply #1 - 08/08/07 at 20:24:39

Is the belt too tight?  The belt can make some funny noises when it's too tight.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/08/07 at 20:25:11

need more to go on.

the speedo rattle takes on many guises and so does the headlight rattle.  I've many different sounds from the headlight at different speeds.

WWW   IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #3 - 08/09/07 at 07:13:11

My stock exhaust whistles just above idle rpm but goes away before you get to the "pulling out" phase.  A bit annoying but driving down the higway I don't hear it.  (course my wife says I don't hear much of anything.....at least when she's talking.....   Wink )

Does the whistling only happen only when the engine is on?  Also, if running, in gear or out of gear?  Clutch in  or clutch out?

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 08/11/07 at 17:31:29

its it standing still when he hears the wistle, if hes moveing its called the wind

IP Logged
luken

Mesa, az
Reply #5 - 08/13/07 at 11:40:53

I have a high pitched noise that I figured out was my license plate breaking.  Since I took off the sissy bar it rattles alot more and even with rubber washers it rattles so bad the plate cracks.  Im in the market for a side mount plate holder now.

Black 02, 55 pilot 155 main, 1/2 spacer, seat mod, sporty muff, air pod.
  IP Logged
Balderdash

Minnesota
Reply #6 - 08/13/07 at 12:33:26

luken wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
I have a high pitched noise that I figured out was my license plate breaking.  Since I took off the sissy bar it rattles alot more and even with rubber washers it rattles so bad the plate cracks.  Im in the market for a side mount plate holder now.

When that happened to mine I took a thick aluminum serving plate and traced my license plate on the flat suface area and then cut that out and epoxied the thing to the back of my license plate and then bolted it back on...  No more ripping plate and you can't see the difference.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 00:28:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › whistling Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.