Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
solo seat mounting and rear fender (Read 80 times)
SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
solo seat mounting and rear fender
08/07/07 at 21:10:30

Team,

I am working on my 99 savage, bobber.  I have the fork gaiters coming next week to wrap up the front end.  I have a great solo springer seat from CRC.  I have looked over all the various mounts that I have seen here and some look great, but i do not see how it was done.  I like the idea of a gate hinge for the front mount, if I can find the right size.  What Lowes has is poor.  As for the rear mount, messy.

Any ideas on a clean mounting set up, that look like the seat should be on this bike, is appreciated. not sticking up so high.

second question, I am thinking of switching out the rear fender.  cutting this fender looks silly, for a bobber, it is not right(sorry if some of you did this) Others have gotten a trailer of boat 7 inch wide fender and painted it.  Someof used Chrome.

Who has the best fender for this. Old school flat fender. Five Points did a nice job on his bobber savage, esp the seat and fender. What chrome fenders would fit clean as an option.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Guys

99 Black Savage Bobber, steel forged by Suzuki, developed in Hell. Sinister, evil, and fathered by the devil.

99 Savage Bobber
73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Re: solo seat mounting and rear fender
Reply #1 - 08/08/07 at 08:15:24

Well the gate hinge idea is what i went with it works great. But i will need to make a gusset and bend the bracket so you dont slide forward when you hit the brakes. As for fender you wil just have to find one and make it work I have mounted several to my bike from a swingarm mounted front fender a xs 650 fender and finally the stock rear "bobbed" I like it the best. Here is a couple pics
And a pic of the fender

97 savage: BOBJOB
  IP Logged
wvhunter62
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - 08/08/07 at 10:05:48

Asking for advise while calling someone elses project silly? I've seen some stuff on here that did not appeal to me, but I kept it to myself. If you are a Fat, Hairy, Ugly SOB(Sweet Ol' Boy) you are still purty to your mommy. Lighten up on dissing others projects, and they will be more apt to help. Take me for instance, I have a super easy, strong front mount idea and a braket for the rear springs. But I am keeping them to myself, you might not like them and call them silly. "Chopping "your stock fender is more traditional than buying one. Anyway here is my "Silly" bike, took 2nd in the import class at a local bike show. Must have been "silly" people.

PS: I darkened the pic so you cannot see how seat is mounted Grin

You can't really see the brackets here either Tongue

When you receive the news that my guns have been confiscated,you will know that I am dead.
  IP Logged
SavageRichie
YaBB Newbies

The Devil Rides Out

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reply #3 - 08/09/07 at 09:10:40

Thanks for the reply cflow. I used a t bracket for the front and made a set of custom brakets with the plasma cutter. Seat mount is very strong and low, hence not sitting high(changing the center of gravity, with rider in place). I agree with you on the rear fender as well. A flat fender is a much better look and fit on any bobber, esp the savage.  The stock fender has that metric cruiser look all over it, which it what it is. However, I wanted to give the bike a more sinister look, not so commercial. So, I pick up a flat fender, that meets dmv requirements and shoot it pearl novety black.

As for the response by wvhunter, you are correct, everyone has the right to do what ever they want to the bikes. I am fairly certain that the chop job that you did really is not in compliance with dmv, likewise removing the front fender is not safe, or in most states legal. However, I am not the one riding it, you are.  Don't take things so personel as this is not about you or will ever be about you.  I feel that a chop stock fender looks silly and that is my right. But I am by no means suggesting to do it or not, that is up to the owner.

Darkening pic so I can't see the mount! Now, that is beyond silly.

Take a breath, grow up and go ride your bike.

Thanks

99 Black Savage Bobber, steel forged by Suzuki, developed in Hell. Sinister, evil, and fathered by the devil.

99 Savage Bobber
73 Yamaha RD350 Cafe Racer
76 Suzuki TC100
82 Honda MB5
76 Z50 w
metrosrule3   IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #4 - 08/09/07 at 10:01:25

So do you have some pics for us ?  Wink

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
cFLOW

life is great

Bootheel MO
Reply #5 - 08/09/07 at 14:43:56

I guess you guys didnt understand what I said. that is the STOCK fender. the same on that came on the bike STOCK. the metric cruiser fender as it was put by Richie. ITS STOCK!!! w/ a little shaping and work done to it.

97 savage: BOBJOB
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 08/10/07 at 12:32:11

i went a different route with thumper.  i hard mounted the rear, and sprung the front.  also i've came up with a fender mounting system that lowers the fender closer to the tire,  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 12:23:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › solo seat mounting and rear fender

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.