Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi, first post and who built this bike? (Read 18 times)
HunterSon
Ex Member

Hi, first post and who built this bike?
08/05/07 at 13:49:49

Hi everyone,
Looking to get back into motorcycling and I love big singles (motorcycles that is).  
I found these pictures on bikepics.com and was wondering if anyone here knows who owns / built this bike.  I would like to build one like it without the sidecar.
Here are the links:
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/559880/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/559878/

Thanks!

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Re: Hi, first post and who built this bike?
Reply #1 - 08/05/07 at 15:27:45

HunterSon wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Hi everyone,
Looking to get back into motorcycling and I love big singles (motorcycles that is).  
I found these pictures on bikepics.com and was wondering if anyone here knows who owns / built this bike.  I would like to build one like it without the sidecar.
Here are the links:
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/559880/
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/559878/

Thanks!

Don't know who built/owns it, but there are only a few custom parts on the part of the bike shown in those pictures: What is being used as a rear fender, looks like it might be a cut down after market front fender for an old fat tire Harley, or a custom chopper piece. Of course the rear pillion seat is removed; the taillight is a custom piece, and the belt guard has been removed. Add a mild custom paint on the tank and there ya go! Very nice clean look, but not a lot of customizing to get there.

IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #2 - 08/05/07 at 15:34:31

Also worth mentioning on that bike is the nice job of mounting that rear fender so close to the tire. Normally only done on hard tail choppers, because of the movement of the swingarm. It appears that this builder has incorporated the fender onto the swingarm. Not unheard of, but not done every day, and it looks really nice on this bike!

IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/05/07 at 18:59:13

i dont know, but i want one! minus the side car

IP Logged
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
Reply #4 - 08/05/07 at 19:13:01

my husband and myself built this bike. fender is from boat trailer, and is hard mounted to swingarm. aside from that mostly everything else is just removed from bike except floor boards (handbuilt) front fender cut down in size a little and lights and drag bars. awsome to ride especially with the side car (cooler of beer in side car?)

suzyssuzi
peanut peanut   IP Logged
mickthelimey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/06/07 at 00:32:33

You seem to have a shorter than standard wheel base?
and the engine mount is different at the front ,right? or is that part of the side car attachment?
ether way I love the look of it,what is the brand name on the side car? and how tough is it to fit?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #6 - 08/06/07 at 01:00:11

suzyssuzi wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
my husband and myself built this bike. fender is from boat trailer, and is hard mounted to swingarm. aside from that mostly everything else is just removed from bike except floor boards (handbuilt) front fender cut down in size a little and lights and drag bars. awsome to ride especially with the side car (cooler of beer in side car?)

Hi suzyssuzi,

I really do admire that rear fender job!

IP Logged
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
Reply #7 - 08/06/07 at 07:11:52

no chassis mods at all , changing the rear fender has changed the whole look of bike. engine mounts all stock. Fitting rear fender close was a bit challenging as fenders were all a different size than rear wheel , had to mod fender to smaller circumfrence, and molded a lip at the rear , kind of a bob? look. sidecar is a cozy from india, not all that hard to mount and more fun to ride than we would have immagined. My husband has a vtx and is always stealing my bike to ride. We sell the sidecars new so if interested reply to this.

suzyssuzi
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #8 - 08/06/07 at 08:23:46

Cool, you're in Nanaimo!  I loved that place when my ship anchored out in Nanoose Harbor back in the mid 80's.  Wonderful little town (at least it was little then).

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
toddlamp8

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 08/07/07 at 21:55:44

just curious but how much do those side cars go for?

IP Logged
suzyssuzi
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

nanaimo british columbia
Reply #10 - 08/08/07 at 06:28:57

Nanaimo is a cool palce , not to big and central to everything on the island. Awsome weather and lots of good roads to ride. sidecars sell for 2995.95 canadian dollars so that would be about 17dollars us (hahaha). awsome price for a sidecar and pefect for a savage we have 4 savages on island with cozys now.

suzyssuzi
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 10:35:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hi, first post and who built this bike?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.