Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: gold exhaust
Reply #15 - 08/03/07 at 15:17:09

Nope, because of where  the spacer is, shaving it actually raises the needle, making the bike richer.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
TVR_FSO
Serious Thumper

I'm Ya
Huckleberry....

Frisco, Texas
Reply #16 - 08/03/07 at 15:47:07

Mine was fairly blue, then after tinkering, began to get gold. Have no clue what that means....

2004 Suzuki Volusia, modding in progress
WWW   IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/04/07 at 16:27:21

yeah dude, pipes change color. It will happen with all bikes, unless you want a ceramic pipe (personaly i dont think they look good) just let it be, or spend a few hundred bucks every few months on new pipes i guess.

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 08/04/07 at 17:48:50

I had mine ceramic coated black and I love it.  I'd gotten it into a really ugly mottled dark blue by putting header wrap on it for a month.  That held the heat in and blued it very badly.  I like the ceramic though.  The pipe doesn't radiate heat near as much as before.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 08/12/07 at 21:30:44

yes, before it turns blue, it goes gold first. not too much to do about it. just shows youv actualy ridden her, like a badge of honor

IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #20 - 08/13/07 at 19:17:45

Mine is starting to turn gold too. lots of back roads and stop and go, 30% high way.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #21 - 08/14/07 at 03:19:55

There actually is what may be considered two golds,  or maybe you want to call the second gold a brown.  Somewhere I remember seeing an temp chart with different shades and what temp will cause it.  It could be from my days playing with old Jeeps.

The last color below should cause you some alarm as I vaguely remember the metal has to get red hot to cool down to "gray".  

Light Gold > Blue > dark Gold (brown)  > Gray

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #22 - 08/14/07 at 05:07:15

T Mack 1 - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
There actually is what may be considered two golds,  or maybe you want to call the second gold a brown.  Somewhere I remember seeing an temp chart with different shades and what temp will cause it.  It could be from my days playing with old Jeeps.

The last color below should cause you some alarm as I vaguely remember the metal has to get red hot to cool down to "gray".  

Light Gold > Blue > dark Gold (brown)  > Gray

Yeah maybe something like:

Honey -> Blue -> Bronze -> Pewter

I really loved the honey color I had.  Then I had to go and experiment with header wrap and it turned ugly pretty quickly.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:12:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gold exhaust

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.