Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
She's nekkid - now what? (Read 32 times)
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Re: She's nekkid - now what?
Reply #30 - 08/09/07 at 13:01:43

An update on this today!
I stopped for lunch and was sitting inside within sight of my bike (its 122° F which is too dog gone HOT to eat outside like I usually do).

The parking lot was busy, and soon a truck pulled in next to my bike. Out come two men who beeline for my Suzi, and spend several long minutes going around and around and then around AGAIN.  Head scratching was seen, as was wrinkled brows.

I literally started laughing out loud right there at the lunchtable by myself - they were clearly trying to figure out WHAT kind of bike that was but I have it insignia free!  Grin

They finally toddled in, and scoped the restaurant, eventually seeing me next to the window with my helmet on the table.

One came over, and promptly asked if that was my bike, and what kind is it, and he is looking for one for his daughter, and it looks just the right size for her and he can NOT believe it is a single cylinder 650!!! <:^o  

He actually wrote down the info I gave him on where to go see new ones, and the web address for here too.

Yahooo! The badgeless wonder strikes and gets a new convert!  Cheesy

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Fido_the_Cat

" If you don't
ask, They can't say
no!"

Harrisburg PA
Reply #31 - 08/09/07 at 20:15:48

Just my .02... Doesn't Staples or Office Max have magnetic sheets that you can run through a color printer And put it on. Just to see how it looks. I wasn't suggesting riding that way. I agree "It's like a tatoo... not ready to commit until it's "just right"
For what it's worth, I bought a new Nissan Frontier and told them "I don't do free advertising. I expect to see their sticker gone when I pick it up" Well you know what happened and so I took a heat gun to it but didn't use much patience, end result --- debadged the back of the truck, completely. I'm Okay with it.

Follow me into the twisties.... I'll wait for you on the other side.
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #32 - 08/10/07 at 08:17:54

Fido_the_Cat wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Just my .02...
For what it's worth, I bought a new Nissan Frontier and told them "I don't do free advertising. I expect to see their sticker gone when I pick it up"

I had the same exact thing done with my car the day I picked it up = I insisted they remove their logos off my vehicle, or pay me $500 a year to drive around advertising for them. Needless to say, they hustled out and the dealership badge was promptly removed.

Yes, I am using a stick-on from a laser/ink jet sticker packet to see about how I like the Kitty on my bike. So far I think I might go larger with that, and leave everything else off.  

I was particularly pleased and laughing when I saw the man bending down to double-take the Kalashnikitty when he was looking for ID on my bike yesterday. Well worth it!  Cheesy

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:19:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › She's nekkid - now what?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.