Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Looking to buy my first S40/savage (Read 7 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Looking to buy my first S40/savage
Reply #15 - 08/04/07 at 19:58:26

Other than VA I naturally don't know where you're at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Boulevard-Suzuki-Boulevard-S40-655cc-20...

I'm a bit cautious (usually) when it comes spending on a new activity.  You might be more proud to ride down the street on a pretty new bike.  But oh the tears at the first scratch.  Best to learn on a $1000 scratch and dent special.  Then when you're sure of yourself (riding skills, and enjoyment) then get a new one.  That way when you fall over only your pride will hurt and the bike was already scratched there so no big deal.

WWW   IP Logged
forrest
Serious Thumper

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Kennesaw, Ga
Reply #16 - 08/04/07 at 20:14:05

I bought a new 07 and with tax, a ff helmet , and gloves it was 4300 out the door.

Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?
  IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 08/05/07 at 21:25:59

dude, sounds like a real peice. bucket o' bolts, get an older model savage, iv seen 98's and up in my area for 1700 to 2000 with low miles and cherry. dont let the year fool yea, they are all the same from 95 and up. anything before 95 has only 4 gears. But dont buy another persons problem. and no, he didnt "buy it like that" hes lying and you shouldnt do bussniss with a liar. just craigs list it and youll see a multitude of better deals

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #18 - 08/06/07 at 05:17:11

msfitnetz wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:08:
Any ideas so I can negotiate better?

A suggestion that has been made many times is to figure out what you want to pay, be prepared to pay that and no more. Offer the dealer that amount and walk out the door if they don't accept it. Many dealers are good at reading whether a person is just low balling them or is seriously ready to buy or walk. Doing this at the end of the month can make a big difference. Having the cash in hand can also make a big difference.

Remember "out the door" means total price no additions - no extra taxes, no prep fees nothing that "the salesmen always forget to add" - no additions. Again just be prepared to walk.

IP Logged
savageannie
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 08/06/07 at 08:04:59

regards price of new bike.............which i wanted in order to avoid any hassles, both as a newbie and as i didn't want to wait for fix-ups.  at southwest florida dealership i bought a new '07 early this spring for $5100 out the door, which included price, taxes, tags, etc plus a windshield, sissy bar, and bag racks.  an OK deal and i have gotten great immediate use w/absolutely no problems.  w/the current economy and later in the year i'd guess you could do better, or at least have some freebie extras thrown in

IP Logged
Soon

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Portland ME
Reply #20 - 08/11/07 at 20:37:54

Sounds a little weard. If he is not talking about maintence that he has not or has done ,don't do it. If it has the s40 sticker on it like the pis shows on the air fillter side and on the other side but have you noticed it does not have the suzuki enblem on the tank. like the newer MC has. So what I am trying to say is it doesn't sound quite right.
I hope you can get a new bike.
Best Soon
Ps sorry about the spelling.

I love my ride. Ls650
Autistic
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:24:26