Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How tall of rider? (Read 12 times)
Keith_T

Northern Illinois
How tall of rider?
07/24/07 at 11:04:10

How tall of a rider can be comfortable on a Savage?  I was looking at one in a parking lot and noticed the controls were somewhat forward.  That got me thinking maybe I could fit on one of these.  I am 6'00 and have longish legs.  I've ridden a Sportster with the forward controls and have been comfortable.  Thanks.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: How tall of rider?
Reply #1 - 07/24/07 at 11:20:45

I'm 6' and don't feel cramped in the legs at all.

Depending on what year you get the handle bars may be an issue though.  My '96 had buckhorns to start with.  Too cramped, and changed drag bars and the high risers (the buckhorns come with a low riser.)  But for me the drags are too narow.  So I got a low rise HD style bar.  Perfecto!   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
DanGill

Reply #2 - 07/24/07 at 12:10:52

I am also 6'0, with long legs. I also have a bad knee. The Savage or S40 work for me, although I would be happier with forward controls. Maybe this winter I'll make some. But it's a big enough stretch between the seat and the peg for my bad knee.

Swapped the S40 on a Shadow Spirit 1100
  IP Logged
russellwhitlock
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/24/07 at 17:28:14

I'm 6'2", and most of that height is in the legs. I also have the buckhorn bars on mine, and find it just right. However, I never carry a pillion, so lean quite a long way back, to give my arms a decent stretch.

I can understand why some people love highway pegs on it, but I live in NZ, where we don't get a lot of long, straight roads, and I crashed the Virago I owned years ago because the highway pegs I had on it didn't give me enough control, so I'll never put them on my Savage.

IP Logged
ErminM
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Toronto, ON
Reply #4 - 07/24/07 at 22:13:47

I am 6'2 and I got stock 07 S40.
No problems with size and also nothing
to compare to as I only rode scooters before.

I actually also had passengers and bike
was great even in the rain...

I am not sure how size comes to play with
the bigger bikes. On all of them most
people need to be able to reach all controls...

Either way, most I did was 400km in a day
and only thing I wanted was better padding Smiley
I have sportster seat on order from member here
so I'll see how that goes...

Cheers!

IP Logged
tbear

former thumper

Des Moines, Iowa
Reply #5 - 07/25/07 at 18:27:25

I'm 6'2" and did cramp up when riding.  I added forward controls from Seeger Cycle that stretched me out 6" and now the fit is perfect.  They were pricey, but definately worth the investment for me.

white & silver '07 C50|windshield|debadged|throttle rockers|gutted stock pipes|lowered 2 1/2"|DJ drive|passenger pegs/pillion removed|contour solo rear rack|saddlebags
  IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #6 - 07/26/07 at 13:49:04

Have a stock 01 Savage, I am 6'0" with 32" inseam legs. Have ridden just at a hundred miles non-stop without difficulty so far. Am planning to fabricate some adjustable highway pegs to allow change in position for even longer trips I am planning in the late summer / early fall.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
praetorian
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/27/07 at 09:14:02

I have and '96.  I am 6'3" with a 33" inseam.  I am SOOO cramped I can hardly stand it.  I get MAJOR cramps in my legs after 20-30 minutes, but my tailbone is killing me after only 15 minutes, so the legs don't bother me that much.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:28:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How tall of rider?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.