Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
take a look + added close ups of springer seat (Read 33 times)
Dean
YaBB Newbies

North California
take a look + added close ups of springer seat
07/23/07 at 20:56:42

I got this '87 savage from a friend of mine a few years ago. he said it was mine if i could get it running. unfortunatly he'd let it sit out side for several years and go to seed (i recovered about a cup of acorns some squirrel had been stashing in its crevices). after a little work it was running great ( it only had 3500 miles on it when i got it), but the mucked up purple paint job and tons of surface rust really got to me. this summer i spent about a month (with lots of help from this site), giving it a much deserved do over.  there are still a few things i'd like to do , but for now its at that point where i feel i can show it off a little.   thanks

IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Re: take a look
Reply #1 - 07/23/07 at 21:05:48

Wow, talk about sweat equity. You did great..

IP Logged
SteveRocket1

A day without riding
is like a day
without beer.

California
Reply #2 - 07/23/07 at 21:17:41

Looks great

'87 Savage but now with a Supertrapp muffler with 8 disks and competition end cap, TKat Fork brace, oldfeller airfilter, Z Bars, Turn Signal bleeper,Rather Loud Horn. and cousin Bonnie too..
  IP Logged
Rockin_John
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

+36° 10' , -95° 48'
Reply #3 - 07/23/07 at 22:07:15

That's a nice one alright! curious about your seat supplier and mounting details. Yo l like the seat for comfort?

IP Logged
Holodeck

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Seattle
Reply #4 - 07/23/07 at 22:08:58

Wow, that is sweet. I like the tail light location.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/23/07 at 23:30:12

This is the bike Suzuki should have made!  It would put HD out of business!  Fantastic  job!

Did you color the drive belt?

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 07/24/07 at 00:42:33

Truely freakin' Awesome! Nice Job!! Grin

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
theikeman

Live each day as if
it were your last

Gibsonton in South Florida
Reply #7 - 07/24/07 at 01:12:20

Very nice indeed, great work!
What's the rear fender from?

Keep up the good work

Ike

1996 Just bought it, Maroon, so much to do, so little time ... Future adds: Iridium, dyna muff, air filter mod, fork brace, 1 piece seat, carb mod and more
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #8 - 07/24/07 at 04:48:12

very nice

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #9 - 07/24/07 at 06:00:00

VERY NICE JOB DUDE !

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #10 - 07/24/07 at 06:10:06

Very nice job indeed.  Good work.  How's she run?

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
strangeling

Ex Savage Rider but
always a SAVAGE

Salt Lake City UTAH
Reply #11 - 07/24/07 at 08:51:19

Man you made something real sweet outta something that sounds like it was pretty rundown. Awesome job !

07 S40 Brat BOBBER - Hard Krome drag pipe, header wrap, Cone filter, jetted , harley drag bars, solo seat, chain conversion, seeger forward controls, custom rear fender, fork gaiters.
  IP Logged
Dean
YaBB Newbies

North California
Reply #12 - 07/24/07 at 16:00:02

so as far as the seat goes, i got it from "justified defience", a store on ebay. (my other favorites are "city choppers", and "DZ customs"), it wasn't the cheapest seat i came accross, but it was the only one that had a  7" space between the spring posts.... enough to clear the frame (most seemed to have only a 6" space). i then bent the originally rear seat mounts on the frame flat to accomidate the bottom of the 2" scissor springs. i made the front bracket out of channel iron weilded to flat bar that i then drilled to bolt to the tank mounting screws. after a test drive on a bumpy road i learned that it was a little low in the front, so i got longer bolts and spacers to fit under the front bracket to raise it up a little. its now perfectly comfortable. much better than the origional seat as far as i can tell.

the rear fender is off some other suzuki bike. a gs700 or something like that (i can't remember), mainly i was looking through the bike scrap yard for anything that looked like it might work. i actually emailed serowbot a while back to get some pointers from him in this area.

the belt isn't colored... still just dirty from when i took the belt guard off. i suppose that is the next thing i ought to take care of.  

the bike runs great. i'd say almost like new. it drips the tiniest bit of oil after long rides but besides that no complaints. the new muffler even seems to keep it from backfiring. maybe the smallest "putt" as its turned off. thanks.

IP Logged
praetorian
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/26/07 at 11:11:00

she's a beuty

IP Logged
BigWes
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/28/07 at 21:03:55

fantastic job, i never thought id see one look soo cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 02:28:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › take a look + added close ups of springer seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.