Send Topic Print
bike comparison (Read 17 times)
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Re: bike comparison
Reply #15 - 07/27/07 at 12:37:29

I had a guy with pillion pull up next to me this afternoon on a Suzuki Intruder. He and his wife enjoy the comfort but she said it is just too heavy for around town.
It also seemed to fit a lot of the requirements for the guys looking for an Indian look-alike, with huge fenders.

And speaking of torque - at yet another light on another errand (i use any excuse to get outside) up pulls next to me a guy on a bright red Suzuki Ninja.  He asks if the LS650 is fast, and I answered 'fast enough for me'.  He said, "well mine is super fast" with a sneer.

We were at the intersection for the ramp to pull onto the highway. So then he starts reving his throttle and wanted to race off the light.

Now I am not one to act like an idiot and drag race, but his little nose turn-up at my cruiser got my red head riled.
Both of us were only going to the very next exit 1/4 mile. Well, why not?

So I shot my little Thumper forward at the green, and not only beat him off the mark, but all I saw was a tiny speck of red in my rearview all the way to the next exit light.

I kicked his little red arse.  8)

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 07/27/07 at 13:02:29

You GO girl! Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 07/27/07 at 13:26:57

Heh, heh, heh...

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
justin_o_guy
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/28/07 at 11:51:59

That was nice reading.

IP Logged
mark_k

Greenfield, IN
Reply #19 - 08/20/07 at 09:12:55

Torque at low end always beats high reving horsepower. Way to go.

Livin' Life Abundantly
  IP Logged
ickb
Ex Member

No such thing as a Suzuki Ninja :-P
Reply #20 - 08/21/07 at 21:46:57

skatnbnc wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
And speaking of torque - at yet another light on another errand (i use any excuse to get outside) up pulls next to me a guy on a bright red Suzuki Ninja.  

There is no such thing as a Suzuki Ninja Tongue The Ninja series of motorcycles are a Kawasaki branding Grin. If you are talking about a Suzuki race replicas, it will have a GSXR/GSX/GS branding.

No doubt that the Savage Ninja Wink has a lot of torque and if ridden well will beat many bikes of larger displacement by a more experienced rider 8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 06:32:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › bike comparison

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.